+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
We are May 12 applicants and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else from around the date still waiting? Getting really anxious as we already had a return once from inland after 7 months.
I am even worse. May 3rd receive with 11th June AOR1. No SA, no Bio or medical request yet.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
I am even worse. May 3rd receive with 11th June AOR1. No SA, no Bio or medical request yet.
You're not worse, because you at least have AOR1 already. Check your status through ECAS, using the application number and sponsor's details (refer to your AOR1), so you'll see the status of SA.

Last edited:

Rsk123

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
We are May 12 applicants and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else from around the date still waiting? Getting really anxious as we already had a return once from inland after 7 months.
I am having same anxiety. Hope for the best!!!

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hi all,

I have 2 questions:

> Can we do upfront medical in spousal sponsorship?
> For Police certificates can we submit them along the application? or wait for them to requested by IRCC?

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Hi all,

I have 2 questions:

> For Police certificates can we submit them along the application? or wait for them to requested by IRCC?
For medical, Best if you wait for IRCC to request for one, since it expires in a year. That’s also part of the instructions.

For Police Certificates, check the country specific requirements for the PA, if it is required, then you need to get one.

I am assuming you think it would expedite your application if you provide everything that they may require, upfront. It could be, but not necessarily advantageous, more importantly if it would take time as well for you to get Police certificates or if your medical expires, you need to do it again.

karthikm

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-03-2019 (ITA)
AOR Received.
05-05-2019
Passport Req..
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
LANDED..........
15-03-2020
Hi all,

I have 2 questions:

For spousal sponsorship you need to include PCC from your origin country as part of the initial application itself. Med test can be done after you get the request from CIC.

AramanB

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Hi! I also got BIL request today. I was wondering how many days they have given you to submit biometrics. I am sponsoring my husband and he is from India. I havent received anything apart from BIL so thought of asking you. Hope You dont Mind!
They gave us 30 days to submit the biometric. But it's hard to get the appointment.

Rsk123

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello all,
If IRCC returns the file, do they email us to inform us that they are returning our file?? or just return it by mail?
thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello all,
If IRCC returns the file, do they email us to inform us that they are returning our file?? or just return it by mail?
thank you.
It used to be only by post, no email to even notify.

There have been some reports - only a few - of receiving an email with some scans saying the scans could he returned once the deficiencies are corrected. (And nothing by post)

Too early to say if they've switched over completely to that approach.

Kngp@43

Jun 23, 2021
Hi everyone i am writing on the behalf of my friend.she has representative for sposal sponsorship.her file was delivered on 21 may.few days ago representative said her that he got an email that you need to submit pr card copy,
Tax return paper,n job letter.but she already gave all the documents which are asked now?can a officer demand these papers again or representative just forgot to add these paper ?we are not sure about that .if some one got same please write down .

Rsk123

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Any update on AOR? thanks.