+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

jkjk0507

Nov 26, 2020
Considering revoking my application, moving back to home country and applying through CEC in the future (currently applied through PNP, working under closed work permit, tied to employer and hard to switch because of LMIA processing). (AOR may 12th 2020)

Nkrana

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
Hi,
I got my GCMS notes today's, which I applied for on Jan 5. @legalfalcon can you please help me in understanding, what paper file transfer means? The notes are saying there was a paper file transfer which occured in august to Etobicoke due to workload redistribution. Thanks

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi,
I got my GCMS notes today's, which I applied for on Jan 5. @legalfalcon can you please help me in understanding, what paper file transfer means? The notes are saying there was a paper file transfer which occured in august to Etobicoke due to workload redistribution. Thanks
That's quite normal. Files get transferred between IRCC work locations amongst them for workload distribution, nothing to be concerned about

Reactions: Nkrana

SAfsh

Nov 17, 2020
Hi,
You got into the worst office. I have the same situation. My file transferred to Etobicoke on Aug and nothing has happened after that even not eligibility pass!!

• Sad
Reactions: Nkrana

Nkrana

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
You got into the worst office. I have the same situation. My file transferred to Etobicoke on Aug and nothing has happened after that even not eligibility pass!!
This is out of control. We can try to be hopeful. I wish we could have been able to request the change of office. But anyways staying positive you never know. Staying positive is the only way to go through these hard times.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

IRCC will transfer filed to different offices based on multiple factors, such as workload distribution and processing requirements. Immigration law and the regulations specifically state where an application must be submitted, but they do not stipulate where an application must be processed, which can be at any visa office in Canada or abroad.

During the course of processes, even if your submitted electronic application, there may be a paper application generated based on documents that come in form other agencies, provincial immigration offices (if PNP) etc. and thus the paper file may also have to be transferred along with the electronic file for father processing.

The protocol for application tarsier is available at:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

Reactions: AJ199101 and Nkrana

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hmmm that might be what happened to mine! I’m waiting for my GCMS so I’ll check when I get them, but I haven’t had any movement since August either, last activity was a recommended pass. Maybe my file is in the pile with yours

halu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
My application has been officially approved, the CoPR number has been added to my file. But I have NOT received the letter yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the actual letter?

Reactions: felix-m

Lucasrdea

Feb 26, 2020
My application has been officially approved, the CoPR number has been added to my file. But I have NOT received the letter yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the actual letter?
It should be soon. Dont worry. Congrats.

Can you share your timeline?
also, did you receive any email for the final decision or just log in your account and saw the update?
Was your file stuck with JS13765?

Reactions: halu

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Yes, same officer worked on our file. This information comes from the first GCMS notes, we ordered a second one but doesn’t arrived yet.
Congratulations!!!

I also got the same officer and May, 21 AOR. Got excited after seeing your updates and called IRCC yesterday. But mine still stuck at Criminality Inprogress, Security Not started. Same status from 1-Sep-2020.
Nine months crossed this weekend, and still praying for some good news.

halu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
It should be soon. Dont worry. Congrats.

Can you share your timeline?
also, did you receive any email for the final decision or just log in your account and saw the update?
Was your file stuck with JS13765?
Do you have any idea how soon? I thought the CoPR letter should be issued with the CoPR number... It does not make any sense to me.
I posted in this group to see if somebody is in the same situation...

AOR June 22nd, 2020
Medical exam passed August 12th, 20
Biometrics Oct 15th, 20
Application approved Feb 19th, 2021
My consultant shared my profile with the CoPR number, but not the letter yet.
Was your file stuck with JS13765? I do not know about this