Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Hi folks, under the application status of my profile it says "Your application is taking us longer than usual to process. About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete."

I just hit the 100% timeline today. Is this message on my profile normal (as in does everyone who pass the 100% timeline get this on their profile) ? or anything to be worried about ? I'm still awaiting on my GCMS notes but the last webform I raised said the following:
  • Your application currently meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
Hi. The progress bar just shows the time elapsed from the day an application is submitted. It does not inform what stage or how far an application has been processed and the message you see at 100% is an automated generic message that automatically displays when anyone hits 100%. So nothing to be worried about that message per se, moreover IRCC is taking longer to process applications. See some stats below

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?

In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

As for the web form response it seems your Eligibility has been passed by an agent or analyst and as soon as the officer reviews it your file will move to the next stage of security screening. Right now Security has not been initiated and it will be initiated after the officer reviews your file. More about web form responses at this stage at https://bit.ly/2FUPKIe and see the online version of CBSA security screening manual at https://cbsa-screening-manual.gcmsnotes.com/

Reactions: ash_diaz

bgurpreet106

Oct 18, 2020
Do the notes in the Gcms file indicate as to why it may be a recommended pass at this stage? Administrative delays are fairly common as well and hence applicants see a delay with their files.
Yes my friend, I raised the GCMS notes in sept. and got to know about it. last note by some officer was on 17th august.
in that he recommended pass the eligibility, consider Indian work experience as genuine, satisfied with the proof of funds and other documents.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hi folks, under the application status of my profile it says "Your application is taking us longer than usual to process. About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete."

I just hit the 100% timeline today. Is this message on my profile normal (as in does everyone who pass the 100% timeline get this on their profile) ? or anything to be worried about ? I'm still awaiting on my GCMS notes but the last webform I raised said the following:
  • Your application currently meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.

The status bar on your MyCIC account only shows the time elapsed and not the actual processing. All applications that cross the 6 months processing will show the above status.

As per the 2019 annual report the processing time is as follows:

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558

Subsequent to this, IRCC also published the evaluation of Express Entry upon the completion of 5 years of express entry in May 2020. A lot of recommendation have been made in it.

Based on the webform, it seems that your eligibility has been either passed or recommended passed. See https://bit.ly/36Ewfxe

Only after the eligibility is conclusively passed by an officer, the eligibility is initiated.

Reactions: ash_diaz

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Guys Final Update : AOR(CEC) : may 8,2020,Medical /bil letter: Jun 30,2020,Eligibility passed (CIO/Ottawa): July 30,2020.....Bio exempt: Oct 7 ,2020,COPR : Oct 15 , 2020, PR card Photo received(Etobicoke) : Oct 20,2020, PR Card in hand : Nov 16,2020. Journey Finished !!! Thank you all. All the best.

afaisalnwo

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Guys Final Update : AOR(CEC) : may 8,2020,Medical /bil letter: Jun 30,2020,Eligibility passed (CIO/Ottawa): July 30,2020.....Bio exempt: Oct 7 ,2020,COPR : Oct 15 , 2020, PR card Photo received(Etobicoke) : Oct 20,2020, PR Card in hand : Nov 16,2020. Journey Finished !!! Thank you all. All the best.
Congratulations....

majidkhan59

Feb 11, 2020
Hi All, need help whether I should apply for GCMS notes?

My progress bar started on 6th May 2020 and ended on 6th November showing 100% completion

My timeline:

FSW-Outland

Country of residence: Australia

ITA: 19 February 2020

Upfront Medical: 13 March 2020

AOR: 6 May 2020

Medical Passed: 14 July 2020

Biometric completed: 29 July 2020

Ghost Update 1 (Profile): 22 October 2020
Ghost Update 2 (Profile): 23 October 2020
Ghost Update 3 (Profile): 06 November 2020 (Progress bar completed 100%)

** No background check conducted yet the status says 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check'. And Eligibility still being reviewed.

Regards

Ngab

Nov 17, 2020

My progress bar started on 6th May 2020 and ended on 6th November showing 100% completion

My timeline:

FSW-Outland

** No background check conducted yet the status says 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check'. And Eligibility still being reviewed.

Regards
Almost same situation. Aor May 13th. Medicals passed July 15th, Ghost update July 16th, Biometrics completed Sept 9th. No update ever since. Just raised GCMS notes, awaiting it.

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC

My timeline:

FSW-Outland

Regards
I would order GCMS notes if I were you. That page in your account doesn't update until the final decision is made, so even if you have passed the background check it will still say the same message until you receive PPR. So GCMS notes are best to see exactly where your application is at.

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Call IRCC and check your contact number . One of my friend was waiting long for the call and the biometrics call went to the lawyer on WP extension application.
Thank you for the response , I have validated already and IRCC agent just told I have to wait for the call and everything is good that is what they the been saying every time I call LOL.

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi Guys,

Got my PR card today in the mailbox.

But there is no update on my wife's PR Card Application. We got the GU on the same day. Her application status is submitted.

Timeline in the signature.
We have a very similar timeline like yours, however, for both still shows submitted...