+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

JkMaxXD

Oct 22, 2020

AOR : May 5
BIL and Medical : June 26
Biometric call : Oct 14
Biometric given : Oct 23 (Kitchener, Ontario)
Ghost update : Nov 6
Final approval on portal : Nov 9 (got a call from IRCC to confirm details)
COPR : Nov 9

Could you please let us know what was the number? I got the call as well but it was from the USA number. I am confused, it could be a scam ... Please share the details of your call from IRCC before CoPR.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
AOR 16th May

Closed WP expiring on 14th Dec, my current job is over so no plan for WP extension.

Already applied for Open WP based on PR application. Hope I can stay in Canada after 14th Dec, since waiting for BOWP/PR decision

Anyone/@legalfalcon could please confirm this.

Thanks!
A temporary resident must apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that period.

If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph 186(u) and section 189 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

shubham.mvp

Dec 27, 2019
A temporary resident must apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that period.

If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph 186(u) and section 189 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
Thank you!

I want to clarify one point here, since I am not extending closed WP but applied BOWP, so the work conditions will be different. So in that case also it will be considered as implied status and I can stay in Canada (obviously can not work)?

Reactions: jyothis890

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you!

I want to clarify one point here, since I am not extending closed WP but applied BOWP, so the work conditions will be different. So in that case also it will be considered as implied status and I can stay in Canada (obviously can not work)?

BOWP has no conditions on your work, as in it is not employer driven or dependent on LMIA. So you Wille be considered as being on implied status.

Reactions: shubham.mvp

yash_91

Nov 13, 2019
Hi Guys,

Thank you in advance for any input.

Our profile hit 6 months mark today with ,
Medical Passed: July 18
Biometrics : July 23
Review of Eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement
Background Check : Your application in progress. Will send you a message when we start your background check
Final Decision : Your application in progress. Will send you a message once the final decision has been made

and as it shows last update is on July 18th and message in profile says ,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if
we need more information from you.
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things
like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests
and whether the application is completed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am worried as still Review of Eligibility is in progress since it has been long. Should I be worried?
Anyone have any idea?
I provided all the documents promptly also.
(FSW-Outland)

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
CEC Inland, CPC - Ottawa
AOR - 21 May
Medical Passed - 10 July
Bio Collection - 19 Oct

Called IRCC, 3 weeks ago and they said Security and Criminality have not started but eligibility is a pass.

Called today again and they said Security has also passed, now criminality is pending.

Not sure if I should be happy that there was progress in terms of security or should be concerned that Criminality is still pending so close to 100% completion date.

Anyone has any idea about how much time Criminality check may take?

Reactions: shubham.mvp

Khjordan

Aug 5, 2020
BOWP has no conditions on your work, as in it is not employer driven or dependent on LMIA. So you Wille be considered as being on implied status.
My AOR is April 02 under PNP. My WP will expire in late Feb 2021 which I have less than 4 months now. I haven't applied for BOWP yet by hoping the final decision is made soon.
I have a similar question. With the BOWP, can I leave my current job or work for another company while waiting for the PR approval? It seems it is already answered, but hard to decipher. I am asking because I want to leave my job now if I can.

xiaoxiao123

Oct 30, 2020
CEC Inland, CPC - Ottawa
AOR - 21 May
Medical Passed - 10 July
Bio Collection - 19 Oct

Called IRCC, 3 weeks ago and they said Security and Criminality have not started but eligibility is a pass.

Called today again and they said Security has also passed, now criminality is pending.

Not sure if I should be happy that there was progress in terms of security or should be concerned that Criminality is still pending so close to 100% completion date.

Kinda on the same boat.
My criminality has been in progress for a month, and my VO is Ottawa

Reactions: Zhalo and Mta0014

VivasO

Nov 18, 2020
I just called IRCC and they said that I am eligible but my biometric is still pending

AOR - May 22
Medical Passed - July 13
Bio Collection - Oct 9

This means that I am approved?

xiaoxiao123

Oct 30, 2020
I just called IRCC and they said that I am eligible but my biometric is still pending

AOR - May 22
Medical Passed - July 13
Bio Collection - Oct 9

This means that I am approved?
What the meaning of biometric pending by agent? So they haven't started to work on criminality or it's in progress?

VivasO

Nov 18, 2020
What the meaning of biometric pending by agent? So they haven't started to work on criminality or it's in progress?
Not sure, I asked about my background check and she said that she couldn't see all the details but that I didn't have anything to be worry about as I was eligible and they were just waiting for my biometrics to show up on their system

Reactions: Roopsekhon44

xiaoxiao123

Oct 30, 2020
Not sure, I asked about my background check and she said that she couldn't see all the details but that I didn't have anything to be worry about as I was eligible and they were just waiting for my biometrics to show up on their system
but you submitted Bio on Oct 9... how could it still not showing up on their system til now...
If the Bio shows as "Oct 9th, 2020 - Completed" on your account?

animhossain1989

May 13, 2017
CEC Inland, CPC - Ottawa
AOR - 21 May
Medical Passed - 10 July
Bio Collection - 19 Oct

Did you get any update when they started/passed security? I think you should be happy about the passed security. Any progress in the application is a good news. I hope you'll get the CoPR soon! :)

Reactions: manisingh2301

VivasO

Nov 18, 2020
but you submitted Bio on Oct 9... how could it still not showing up on their system til now...
If the Bio shows as "Oct 9th, 2020 - Completed" on your account?
Exactly, I am not sure about that.. It does show completed on Oct 9th on my account

I told the agent that I did it back in October and that's when she told me that they do not have it in their system yet