+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

VanSuu

Jul 9, 2019
Anybody applied " for his spouse " for a travel visa and failed to get it. Then applied for spouse family sponsorship and got it.. ?
I am wondering if the previous try to get travel short visa refusal may affect the process.
Pls advise guys...
Hello I will give you the answer first then details after.

Answer: It will not affect you PR Application negativity if you tried to get a family visit visa and was rejected.
It actually affects you application positively(read details to know why)
Don’t worry when you come across that question on the application and are asked to explain. Be happy you have more proof of genuine relationship.

Details.
We were rejected a Family visiting visa before we started our application for full PR
We asked for over 6 months visa because we said we wanted to spend our early stage of marriage together and were willing to do the full immigration afterwards even if it meant my wife going back to Vietnam
They straight up rejected us because they didn’t believe my wife would exit Canada.
We lost time and money going for the visa.

We were also stressed and concerned when we saw the question did you ever get denied visa to Canada or any other country if so explain in detail.

But actually it helps
To proof you actually tried to visit and is stronger proof of relationship is real the fact that it was attempted by the couple

Our application was approved in 6 months

I am May 16 2019 application.
My wife landed in Canada November 30 and our journey is complete. We are now expecting a baby in October yay!!

Rabwah

Star Member
Dec 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
Hello I will give you the answer first then details after.

Answer: It will not affect you PR Application negativity if you tried to get a family visit visa and was rejected.
It actually affects you application positively(read details to know why)
Don’t worry when you come across that question on the application and are asked to explain. Be happy you have more proof of genuine relationship.

Details.
We were rejected a Family visiting visa before we started our application for full PR
We asked for over 6 months visa because we said we wanted to spend our early stage of marriage together and were willing to do the full immigration afterwards even if it meant my wife going back to Vietnam
They straight up rejected us because they didn’t believe my wife would exit Canada.
We lost time and money going for the visa.

We were also stressed and concerned when we saw the question did you ever get denied visa to Canada or any other country if so explain in detail.

But actually it helps
To proof you actually tried to visit and is stronger proof of relationship is real the fact that it was attempted by the couple

Our application was approved in 6 months

I am May 16 2019 application.
My wife landed in Canada November 30 and our journey is complete. We are now expecting a baby in October yay!!
I completely agree with you.
It really helps to proof the relationship genuine.

Especially If you attached the Notarized cover letters/ Birth certificate/ PR card copy of some other family members who wants your spouse to join in some function.

I got this info by my lawyer, The visit visa application of my wife was refused,

May 06 applicant, Pre arrival received.
LVO: London.

VanSuu

Jul 9, 2019
What i mean is short visit visa before marriage and before mentioning the marriage.
Short term visa.
Ok I’ll let know my experiences.
You guys need to apply for a GCKEY account for the person visiting.
In the GCKEY account
It’ll give you some options to visit Canada.
As far as I’m aware
There’s
School
Work
Tourism
Some provincial nominee thing
family visit.
Family/spouse sponsorship

Maybe there were others but
That’s what I can remember.

The person visiting has a good chance if they are visiting a family member for short term.

But if you even mention a boyfriend or girlfriend they will reject the request.

If visiting spouse they will totally reject request unless spouse also there for temporary stay say for work or school.

But it’s best you just try the short visit and be honest with it because if you beat around the bush and say she went there to tour or visit other family but was there to see you they will find out and hold it against you. Best to mention the relationship. If you get reject it’ll count as points for real relationship for full application