+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

bu1007

Aug 31, 2019
Congrats to those of you getting their landing interviews!
I submitted May 22, completed medical and passed October 26th, background check in progress yet they haven't started eligibility for either PA or Sponsor?! Is this normal? Should they not have started that already? Confused because everyone's timelines seem different to mine!

Callaisla

Sep 22, 2019
I submitted May 22, completed medical and passed October 26th, background check in progress yet they haven't started eligibility for either PA or Sponsor?! Is this normal? Should they not have started that already? Confused because everyone's timelines seem different to mine!
I'm curious as well! Our dates are pretty close, they started processing our application on May 21st, 2019, medical passed October 30th in GCKEY, background check in progress but still says they will send a msg when they begin reviewing our eligibility! (I hope this pastes well lol)

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results
  • October 30, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

bu1007

Aug 31, 2019
I'm curious as well! Our dates are pretty close, they started processing our application on May 21st, 2019, medical passed October 30th in GCKEY, background check in progress but still says they will send a msg when they begin reviewing our eligibility! (I hope this pastes well lol)

• Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Interview - Interview
Biometrics - Biometrics
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Yes this is exactly what ours says! I also had my OWP returned in August due to missing fees but resent on Sep 5th.... still no word on that either! I'm just concerned that maybe it has something to do with that. I have status as a visitor currently, just ready to get back to work!

IrrMirr

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........

Interview - Interview
Biometrics - Biometrics
My GCKey still says bg and eligibility are in process, but i got the landing interview invite today! On ECAS - decision made since Nov 4. So clearly, their systems are not perfectly synchronized...

Callaisla

Sep 22, 2019
Yes this is exactly what ours says! I also had my OWP returned in August due to missing fees but resent on Sep 5th.... still no word on that either! I'm just concerned that maybe it has something to do with that. I have status as a visitor currently, just ready to get back to work!
Yes!! We had the saaaame thing, my husband is going crazy not being able to work while I foot all the bills lol poor guy! I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys and for us!

Reactions: bu1007

bu1007

Aug 31, 2019
Yes!! We had the saaaame thing, my husband is going crazy not being able to work while I foot all the bills lol poor guy! I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys and for us!
I'm so glad there's someone else in our shoes! Struggling so much financially especially with the lead up to Christmas but nothing much we can do! Keeping my fingers crossed for you both!

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
Were still waiting as well...May 15th applicant.

reviv3r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Today we Recieved Eligibility letter by sponsor and applicant. I think this is SA and AIP right?

Regarding OWP, I resubmitted after it returned on 27 aug but no updates after.
Let’s wait to hear more updates today and this week. Good luck to all of us!
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Reactions: dmsamy

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Hi dmsamy, congrats on SA! I also applied on May 16th, but no news recently. Did you submit your police certificate with your original application?
Yes I did submit the police certificate with original application package as it was in checklist requirement.
MR done for you?

dylan_tor

Nov 15, 2017
Yes I did submit the police certificate with original application package as it was in checklist requirement.
MR done for you?
Yes MR done. My wife is from Japan, and the rules (for Japan, I think it's different for each country) said not to submit the police certificate unless it was requested later.

Maybe that will end up slowing us down, we'll see...