+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hi All,

We received request to do medical on January 3rd. Medical was done on January 11th. We were told it takes 5-10 days to send the report to CIC. Do we need to send any update or confirmation or it will be updated in our account by them?

Please advise if you have any experience with this.

Thank you
Sam

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hi All,

We received request to do medical on January 3rd. Medical was done on January 11th. We were told it takes 5-10 days to send the report to CIC. Do we need to send any update or confirmation or it will be updated in our account by them?

Please advise if you have any experience with this.

Thank you
Sam
No you don’t have to do anything doctors will send reports through e- medical to cic . It usually takes around 5-10 days. Just relax

cassidyc

Nov 29, 2019
Had my interview last week and got my COPR! For those of you who have already completed the process (or those who already know the answer to this), I am going to apply for my health card tomorrow (OHIP). I understand that there is a 3 month probationary period until I can get the card and as well that I can not travel out of the country during this three months. Once I receive my OHIP card 3 months from my AIP letter date (December 13th), how long will my OHIP card be valid for? I have heard one year, two years, and five years so I am not sure which one to believe!! Any information at all on this would be greatly appreciated!

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Had my interview last week and got my COPR! For those of you who have already completed the process (or those who already know the answer to this), I am going to apply for my health card tomorrow (OHIP). I understand that there is a 3 month probationary period until I can get the card and as well that I can not travel out of the country during this three months. Once I receive my OHIP card 3 months from my AIP letter date (December 13th), how long will my OHIP card be valid for? I have heard one year, two years, and five years so I am not sure which one to believe!! Any information at all on this would be greatly appreciated!
I haven’t heard about a 3 month probation ever for health card. When you apply for health card, you immediately get a paper with your Health Card number. You can use that with a valid photo ID right away, while you wait for your card in mail. If you have PR, your health card is valid for 5 years. After 5 years you’ll have to get it updated, not a complicated process.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: cassidyc

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hi All,

Finally received email with application process completed and it shows decision made on ECAS.

Waiting to hear from Etobicoke office for appointment scheduling. How long does it usually take once the decision made is updated?

Do they call or send an email?

Thank you

Mr.gillpinder

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Hi All,

Finally received email with application process completed and it shows decision made on ECAS.

Waiting to hear from Etobicoke office for appointment scheduling. How long does it usually take once the decision made is updated?

Thank you
PLEASE post ur time line???

cassidyc

Nov 29, 2019
T
I haven’t heard about a 3 month probation ever for health card. When you apply for health card, you immediately get a paper with your Health Card number. You can use that with a valid photo ID right away, while you wait for your card in mail. If you have PR, your health card is valid for 5 years. After 5 years you’ll have to get it updated, not a complicated process.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for the information! I got the document with the number on it, but it says on the sheet that "You are eligible for OHIP coverage on 2020-03-13. Does this mean I have to wait until that date to be covered if I go to the doctor/walk in clinic?

Really appreciate your help as I am very new to all of this and trying to understand it as I go.

cassidyc

Nov 29, 2019
Hi All,

Thank you
I got DM on December 13th and I didn't hear from Etobicoke until January 7th and had my interview 10 days later. All information is sent via email!

Reactions: samar4187
Dec 11, 2019
Received email with inland application process completed and ECAS changed to DM yesterday. Waiting on message from the London office with appointment date. Wondering if anyone else had their appointment in London and can give me some info.

Also, my husband has a dependent child whom we added to the application. Does anyone know how the process works for bringing the child here? How long after my husband is landed will the child be able to come here.

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
T

Thank you for the information! I got the document with the number on it, but it says on the sheet that "You are eligible for OHIP coverage on 2020-03-13. Does this mean I have to wait until that date to be covered if I go to the doctor/walk in clinic?

Really appreciate your help as I am very new to all of this and trying to understand it as I go.
I have never seen that before. I am not sure about this situation so would recommend giving a call to Service Ontario.

Kapil_ame

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Hi All,

Thank you
As per agent, it will take up to 6 weeks to get landing interview. I am waiting since 17th December.

Reactions: samar4187

jo1987

May 6, 2019
T
Yes that is correct. You will not have coverage until the day listed on the sheep

Mr.gillpinder

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Application submitted May 29th 2019
Acknowledgement received June 25th
SA Jan 3rd
Medical Request Jan 3
Medical Done Jan 11th
Medical Passed Jan 22nd
DM Jan 23rd
Thnkuu am still waiting for aip . Sa approved 24th dec.. application process start on 24th dec on permanent residence application

Last edited: