+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Are you with Etobicoke Office? As I hear it can take up to 6 weeks for an interview with them.
Yes with Etobicoke.

I'm just concerned as I don't know how they send the request for appointment. Does it come to email or it shows in my CIC account as well?

Also ECAS says decision made and account still stuck at Background check. Note sure why there is that discrepancy.

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Yes with Etobicoke.

I'm just concerned as I don't know how they send the request for appointment. Does it come to email or it shows in my CIC account as well?

Also ECAS says decision made and account still stuck at Background check. Note sure why there is that discrepancy.
They usually send the interview request through email or via gckey account. However be sure to check your spam folder regularly as I've read up the emails can go there.

As for the gckey account not updating, don't worry about that too much because that's how mine looks. It still says background check processing and reviewing eligibility despite decision made on both ends + eligibility passed. I believe i was told it will update after your interview or nearer to the time. So I believe you'll be fine as we're similar in terms of what's happening.

JustMeDr

Dec 8, 2019
Hello! We were june applicants. We had our interview on the 6th in Etobicoke. 5 minutes (showing proof of address, still married, picture and payment) .Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: Ruobear

Chrisz

Nov 28, 2019
has anyone done the interview in the Vancouver office? I just get an email said the application has been completed. Any idea how long it's gonna take for them to contact me

ihardy19

Dec 14, 2019
Received DM January 22nd.. nothing since then.

For everyone waiting, hope we all hear something soon. Good luck!!
Have you heard anything yet? My decision made was January 21st 2020 with Etobicoke office. CIC says 6 weeks and that I should hear something by March 3rd

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Have you heard anything yet? My decision made was January 21st 2020 with Etobicoke office. CIC says 6 weeks and that I should hear something by March 3rd
Nothing yet. We called in this morning and were told we should get an email by March 6th.

One of my colleague was in similar situation, when she called she received the email next day.

God knows what's their working process. It's all over the place!

Good luck!!

Let me know when you get it.

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Question for everyone who had their landing interview done -

Do sponsor need to accompany spouse for landing interview?

Thank you
SA

ihardy19

Dec 14, 2019
Nothing yet. We called in this morning and were told we should get an email by March 6th.

One of my colleague was in similar situation, when she called she received the email next day.

Good luck!!

I appreciate the reply. Being so close to the end and still having to wait 6 weeks is the hardest part! I’ll keep you updated

ihardy19

Dec 14, 2019
Had my interview last week and got my COPR! For those of you who have already completed the process (or those who already know the answer to this), I am going to apply for my health card tomorrow (OHIP). I understand that there is a 3 month probationary period until I can get the card and as well that I can not travel out of the country during this three months. Once I receive my OHIP card 3 months from my AIP letter date (December 13th), how long will my OHIP card be valid for? I have heard one year, two years, and five years so I am not sure which one to believe!! Any information at all on this would be greatly appreciated!
I know I am late replying to this but I had to wait 3 months as well to get my coverage. I came on a work permit pending spousal sponsorship approval. Once I was granted the work permit I had to get a job. Once I found the job I had to get my employer to right me a letter to take to service Ontario. They take your picture and give you the date your benefits become active. The card came 3 days before the active date. Maybe this is a thing for US citizens as I’m from the US

Chrisz

Nov 28, 2019
Got the landing interview today on March 7th!!!!!! Anyone know what kind of questions they’re gonna ask? It said the sponsor is coming to the interview as well

ihardy19

Dec 14, 2019

Good luck!!

GOT IT!!! For this Saturday the 29th 2PM

Reactions: samar4187