Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
18-06-2019
Mine took 4 days. I had my landing interview on a Saturday and received my card in the mail on Thursday of that same week.

Timeline (according to my online profile):
Jan 18 - Landing Interview
Jan 18 - PR card application submitted by CIC
Jan 20 - Application Approved
Jan 21 - PR card mailed
Jan 23 - PR card arrived in the mail
That's amazing! Did you receive any email with the updates?

nabuni

Nov 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
18-06-2019
No, nothing. I linked the PR card application to my EE profile online. I think someone in this thread explained how to do it. Then I followed my status there.
I was able to link my application as well. Hopefully I will get some update soon.

Reactions: ViniB

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
So I just opened my IRCC profile and under current status for Permanent Residency it said "Application profile updated". No other changes to the profile. But when I went back to the home page, the current status had changed back to "Submitted." Is this the infamous "Ghost Update" everyone talks about which is followed (hopefully) by PPR? 15 May AoR so after 9.5 months I am really hesitant on getting my hopes up.

Devilsree

Jul 16, 2019
So I just opened my IRCC profile and under current status for Permanent Residency it said "Application profile updated". No other changes to the profile. But when I went back to the home page, the current status had changed back to "Submitted." Is this the infamous "Ghost Update" everyone talks about which is followed (hopefully) by PPR? 15 May AoR so after 9.5 months I am really hesitant on getting my hopes up.
Yes, it is. I’m waiting after the GU as well. I had one on 18th Feb and was told file moved to local VO from Ottawa. So, it is a good sign but it’s not done yet.
Which VO ??

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Yes, it is. I’m waiting after the GU as well. I had one on 18th Feb and was told file moved to local VO from Ottawa. So, it is a good sign but it’s not done yet.
Which VO ??
VO is Ottawa. What would be the remaining steps once the file has moved to local VO? Security Check? I might call IRCC tomorrow to get an update but any information would be insightful.

Devilsree

Jul 16, 2019
Which VO ??
I am not sure. But when I called later that evening after I got the GU, I was told by the agent that eligibility and security were passed and file was moved to local VO. I know that my criminality was passed earlier and when I asked about criminality she said background verification is under process. So I am guessing that they will check the overall file in every aspect before issuing PPR from local VO. I might be wrong as well.

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I am not sure. But when I called later that evening after I got the GU, I was told by the agent that eligibility and security were passed and file was moved to local VO. I know that my criminality was passed earlier and when I asked about criminality she said background verification is under process. So I am guessing that they will check the overall file in every aspect before issuing PPR from local VO. I might be wrong as well.
That makes sense! I just called IRCC and they provided the following update - "Eligibility, Security & Criminality passed." So it looks like things are finally moving. I asked for a wait time to a final decision and she gave the standard response "can't provide an ETA but it shouldn't be too long now". She did mention though that my application is still with Ottawa and hasn't been transferred to a local VO. Not sure if that's usual or unusual but right now I am just relived that things are finally moving. Hopefully PPR soon!

Reactions: Devilsree

Devilsree

Jul 16, 2019
That makes sense! I just called IRCC and they provided the following update - "Eligibility, Security & Criminality passed." So it looks like things are finally moving. I asked for a wait time to a final decision and she gave the standard response "can't provide an ETA but it shouldn't be too long now". She did mention though that my application is still with Ottawa and hasn't been transferred to a local VO. Not sure if that's usual or unusual but right now I am just relived that things are finally moving. Hopefully PPR soon!
Great stuff. so hopefully soon we both will get our PPR s and be relieved from this excruciating journey.

Reactions: faridbaig

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Great stuff. so hopefully soon we both will get our PPR s and be relieved from this excruciating journey.
Yup! Hopefully! My medicals expire soon though (March 14) so not sure if they are going to extend it or ask me to do my remedicals as they haven't provided any updates on that yet. If things go smoothly, I could still possibly do a soft landing before my medicals expire as I live in Seattle so Canada is just a 2 hour drive away. BUT - that's if things go smoothly and this hasn't exactly been a smooth process so far.