+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Devilsree

Jul 16, 2019
Did you get your PPR yet? Or any other update? Wondering how long it will take for them to finally provide PPR. It's been a long wait and really hoping that the wait ends soon.
Hi, no I didn’t get any update. Yes I feel the same too. It’s making me crazy but NDVO people got lot of GU’s but they only issued handful of PPRs I guess and there are lot of people who are waiting like us with GUs from NDVO

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi, no I didn’t get any update. Yes I feel the same too. It’s making me crazy but NDVO people got lot of GU’s but they only issued handful of PPRs I guess and there are lot of people who are waiting like us with GUs from NDVO
Oh man - sounds like another wait period is on. I was really hoping that after the GU they would move quickly. Hope that this wait ends soon.

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
it can take a few days between GUs, don't worry.
Thanks! I know it can take a few days - but my medicals expire on March 14th. After the GU, my medical status was updated to "You do not need a medical, we will let you know if this changes." Does this mean that they have extended my medicals or they will send me a remedical request at some point?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
This is conjecture, i want to make that clear, but i would gather you need a remedical as they've returned the status back to the default for the medical.

Given how short the period until its expiry, i'd gather it's also pretty likely based on that as well.

But there are also people here who have not been requested new medicals with their PR visa and COPR also valid for about 2 weeks.

It can go either way.

I know what the stress is like, been through it myself. I'm rooting for you guys to get it soon.

PS: You also have to factor in the processing time for your PR visa and/or COPR, which can take up to a month from what i've been told.

Last edited:

Devilsree

Jul 16, 2019
Oh man - sounds like another wait period is on. I was really hoping that after the GU they would move quickly. Hope that this wait ends soon.
Agree! This waiting seems like NEVER ENDING. My Medicals gonna expire on May 15. I also have to serve 2 month notice period at my current company. It’s all so uncertain.

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
This is conjecture, i want to make that clear, but i would gather you need a remedical as they've returned the status back to the default for the medical.

Given how short the period until its expiry, i'd gather it's also pretty likely based on that as well.

But there are also people here who have not been requested new medicals with their PR visa and COPR also valid for about 2 weeks.

It can go either way.

I know what the stress is like, been through it myself. I'm rooting for you guys to get it soon.

PS: You also have to factor in the processing time for your PR visa and/or COPR, which can take up to a month from what i've been told.
Sigh! Thanks for the input! But it looks like it could be a while more then. With the request for remedicals and then the time they will take to process it, PPR still might be a while away.

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Agree! This waiting seems like NEVER ENDING. My Medicals gonna expire on May 15. I also have to serve 2 month notice period at my current company. It’s all so uncertain.
Yes - but hopefully its the last stage of uncertainty. It seems like we are almost there, just need to be a bit more patient before the uncertainty lifts.

Reactions: Islander216

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
@Islander216 My AOR is 8 May and my medicals expire on April 19. I haven’t heard anything at all.
Any suggestions on whats going on?
No ghost updates?

Hmmm, it's hard to know, i know they are getting to outland applications now, because several of us got it at the end of February. Give it another week, check your application every day for GUs. I don't want to speculate because there really is no trend analysis, because there were very complex cases getting PPR earlier than 6 months, and there are very straightforward ones getting PPR much later.

i haven't updated the list in a long time, maybe i will do that tomorrow, just so you know who's still waiting,who got it, and where you guys are in the lead time.

Only thing is i've seen the thread's activity go down a lot, so i venture there are many who may have gotten PPR but haven't come back to the forum to confirm that. So i don't know how accurate it will be.

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
My friend, who applied in October, got his PPR today (or Friday)! Graduated from the same school, similar profiles and work experience. I am really happy for him and I know we shouldn't compare timelines but its all just so frustrating as well.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Complex cases are applications with multiple dependents, extensive travel history, multiple residences across different countries, complications can include inability to get certain documents like work references, and so on.

I remember a lady here who could not get any work references from employers, and she had to submit alternate documentation. But she got PPR early on.

@faridbaig, I understand the frustration completely. You can't help but compare at times.

But you're on the last stretch, all i can really tell you is to have patience. Calling them and sending e-mails, i really don't think it does anything.

Keep checking for GUs.

Reactions: faridbaig

AKbrar

Feb 1, 2020
CAN ANYONE HELP ..... WHAT ARE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WEN SUBMITTING PASSPORT AND THE PROCEDURE...... DO WE NEED TO TAKE APPOINTMENT