+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Usually either, but it depends on how busy they are.

It's better to make an appointment, because if you are without one, you'll usually have to take the next ticket, and there could be a lot of people ahead of you, and they will give preference to those who have appointments.

If it's not a busy VFS office it may not take long to wait for your turn if you go without an appointment. But if it's a busy one, then you may have to wait a lot or they could require you to have an appointment.

Devilsree

Jul 16, 2019
@Islander216 Hi bro, why is the local VO taking a lot of time as my file has moved from Ottawa to NDVO and I got the GU on feb 18, lot of people who got GU after me got the PPRs. I was told Eligibility n security weee passed. Don’t know what to do ?? Any inputs would be great and I know it’s hard to predict but can’t stop thinking about it. Ta

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Check the NDVO thread for updates:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-delhi-visa-office-aor-2019.622516/page-22

With big visa offices, from what i know, they usually send PPR in batches. Maybe they are still clearing the backlog from previous months before they get to your batch. Or your criminality check is still pending, that could be the case if you haven't had the second GU yet.

It's hard to know for certain, but it's in the pipeline, because you're very close now.

Rora15

Feb 19, 2020
@Islander216 How do ppl find out their Eligibility, Criminality, Security status?!
I have never been connected to an agent to be able to find out the status.

Also, talking about extensive travel history scenario, does the Ircc request the specific country for police verification even when the length of stay is only a month or two for each country?

Devilsree

Jul 16, 2019
Check the NDVO thread for updates:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-delhi-visa-office-aor-2019.622516/page-22

With big visa offices, from what i know, they usually send PPR in batches. Maybe they are still clearing the backlog from previous months before they get to your batch. Or your criminality check is still pending, that could be the case if you haven't had the second GU yet.

It's hard to know for certain, but it's in the pipeline, because you're very close now.
My Medicals and criminality were passed long back as I know from the calls made to Ircc earlier. So, I am jus guessing that local VO also will do the background checks again.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
@Islander216 How do ppl find out their Eligibility, Criminality, Security status?!
I have never been connected to an agent to be able to find out the status.

Also, talking about extensive travel history scenario, does the Ircc request the specific country for police verification even when the length of stay is only a month or two for each country?
Either by talking to an agent or request through webform.

I think they would cross check with the country's authorities for immigration violations and criminal charges, confirm your dates of entry and exit as well.

They also share databases, so they can search your name themselves with most major countries.

My Medicals and criminality were passed long back as I know from the calls made to Ircc earlier. So, I am jus guessing that local VO also will do the background checks again.
My bad, i thought you had said your criminality check was still pending. Then it could be the security check which is still pending if they have not confirmed it's done when you called.

Usually, from what i've observed, people get 2 GUs, the first one is eligibility and one of security and criminality passed. Then the second GU will be the one check which remains being passed.

That's just indicative, sometimes you might get a GU for each check, it all depends.

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
@Islander216 Hi bro, why is the local VO taking a lot of time as my file has moved from Ottawa to NDVO and I got the GU on feb 18, lot of people who got GU after me got the PPRs. I was told Eligibility n security weee passed. Don’t know what to do ?? Any inputs would be great and I know it’s hard to predict but can’t stop thinking about it. Ta
Are you based out of India? Is that why our application moved to NDVO? I know it can be frustrating - my application has moved from Ottawa to Sydney and then back to Ottawa and it can get on your nerves. I think my application is now at Ottawa but I won't be surprised if they moved it again.

Devilsree

Jul 16, 2019
Either by talking to an agent or request through webform.

I think they would cross check with the country's authorities for immigration violations and criminal charges, confirm your dates of entry and exit as well.

They also share databases, so they can search your name themselves with most major countries.

My bad, i thought you had said your criminality check was still pending. Then it could be the security check which is still pending if they have not confirmed it's done when you called.

Usually, from what i've observed, people get 2 GUs, the first one is eligibility and one of security and criminality passed. Then the second GU will be the one check which remains being passed.

That's just indicative, sometimes you might get a GU for each check, it all depends.
Thanks for the info bro.
They told me eligibility and security were passed but i
Are you based out of India? Is that why our application moved to NDVO? I know it can be frustrating - my application has moved from Ottawa to Sydney and then back to Ottawa and it can get on your nerves. I think my application is now at Ottawa but I won't be surprised if they moved it again.
yes, I am based from India. Stayed in UK for 3 years and Aus for 3 years.

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
@Mahal03 Have you got your Passport back ? When ?
I have submitted my Passport on 10th at Mumbai VFS. Waiting for Passport.....
Sorry for late reply wasn't checking the threads as was busy in other stuff...Yeah to answer your question I got passports back with COPR on Feb 21st.

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Called the IRCC again today, specifically to find out if I will need to do a remedical as it expires on March 14th (specially as everything else has passed). The IRCC agent told me that everything looks good (as in everything is passed) but medicals haven't started yet. I asked if I should anticipate a remedical request and his response was "that decision hasn't been made yet." Essentially stuck in a dilemma here - a part of me just wants to do the remedical so whenever they make that request I can avoid any further delays in processing time but then they might extend the remedical and I might not have to take it (I believe there's a lower chance of that). It's been a week since the 2nd GU so I am not sure if and when the remedical request will drop. Does anyone have any experience with this? Where essentially everything is passed but medical status has gone back to the status quo? How long (approximately) before IRCC updates my medical status?