App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Have you tried contacting them? What's your status?
I just called ircc in Sydney yesterday
They always say same thing
Like application received March 2019
Aor April 2019
Medical passed in May 2019
Bio and criminality passed in June 2019
security in process
Eligibility under review
And file stuck in Sydney

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
There are not any special requirements in my case besides the usual ones. The request letter they sent me refers to the standard site of instructions " https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html ". My initial proof of funds document was an official letter from the bank where I keep my savings. It listed a car and a mortgage loan; at this moment I already paid off the mortgage loan and only have the car loan. I informed this to IRCC via webform with an updated letter from the bank on November 8th. But now they are asking for yet additional proof of funds and the way they cite my car loan sounds like it is a potential problem. Thus, I am confused.
I think you should submit PoF documents again and a nice LoE write up explaining the situation. If there are any sudden spike in transactions within last year or so, do explain it as well.

Reactions: pinolero85

Hope-2019

Jul 5, 2019
AOR- 13 June
Medical Passed- 17 July
Biometrics- 20 July

Called CIC last week and below was the status:
Criminality Passed, Eligibility recommended passed ;Security not started yet.

However i tried calling CIC again this week and the agent did not give me any updates as he said that he do not feel important to give updates on weekly basis.He was quite rude because i called just after a span of one week.

Therefore i have a concern here, does this call of mine is going to have any negative impact on my application? Please suggest.

Hksandy

Nov 8, 2019
AOR- 13 June
Medical Passed- 17 July
Biometrics- 20 July

Called CIC last week and below was the status:
Criminality Passed, Eligibility recommended passed ;Security not started yet.

However i tried calling CIC again this week and the agent did not give me any updates as he said that he do not feel important to give updates on weekly basis.He was quite rude because i called just after a span of one week.

Therefore i have a concern here, does this call of mine is going to have any negative impact on my application? Please suggest.
I don't think there is anything to worry about. The agents just update the status to you. They r not the ones that review your file. But having said that I would suggest you to wait till you complete your 6 month timeline. you can also use the following webform link to know your status. The site clearly states that this webform may be used if you crossed your 6 month deadline. They definitely will respond within 5-7 working days. Good luck! https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I would also refrain from excessive calls to the agents, I know we're all anxious about our applications but calling them too often will irritate them and it won't be productive.

Remember that they do communicate with VOs, and I'm sure they have some CRM software they use to send notes for individual people's accounts which are read by the immigration officers.

Just try to be patient, I know it's hard but hounding them will not be helpful.

Of course, you still have to inquire at certain intervals to ensure your file's progress is moving along.

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Sorry to go off the track but cud you tell from which univ have you done pg?My son is in 12th right now.Can u clear one doubt if u have knowledge? As my ppr hasn't come yet I am thinking of finishing his Indian cbse board exams and then come.So do you think he will get admission in software engg in gud univ on the basis of Indian grades?He will give ielts.Or he shud repeat 12th over there?Thanks in anticipation.
Hi! Please note that each Canadian institution has different admissions requirements, hence, it's much better to search for a school that offers the program he is interested in and ask them directly for academic eligibility.

Reactions: Wishcan

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I just called ircc in Sydney yesterday
They always say same thing
Like application received March 2019
Aor April 2019
Medical passed in May 2019
Bio and criminality passed in June 2019
security in process
Eligibility under review
And file stuck in Sydney
Correct me if i'm wrong, but if your AOR is April then you are about 7 months into your application, so one month over the soft deadline of October.

Of course that still sucks, but i think there is less cause for concern.

It looks like several of us will be in the same boat because now that we're over the 6 month mark, there is no indication when we'll get an answer.

Hope-2019

Jul 5, 2019
Th
I don't think there is anything to worry about. The agents just update the status to you. They r not the ones that review your file. But having said that I would suggest you to wait till you complete your 6 month timeline. you can also use the following webform link to know your status. The site clearly states that this webform may be used if you crossed your 6 month deadline. They definitely will respond within 5-7 working days. Good luck! https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thanks for your suggestion:)

Hope-2019

Jul 5, 2019
Correct me if i'm wrong, but if your AOR is April then you are about 7 months into your application, so one month over the soft deadline of October.

Of course that still sucks, but i think there is less cause for concern.

It looks like several of us will be in the same boat because now that we're over the 6 month mark, there is no indication when we'll get an answer.
Yeah i know but this was just my 3rd call since my AOR(13 June)..will avoid calling from now on wards..Thank you

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yeah i know but this was just my 3rd call since my AOR(13 June)..will avoid calling from now on wards..Thank you
That's fine if it's only your third call, don't get me wrong, you should still follow up on your file but just avoid doing so within short intervals.

I think wait for at least 2 weeks between calls, if not 3.

It's about finding the right balance, maybe someone's application is already approved but they haven't gotten around to doing the formalities to have the PPR sent and all of that.

Then when you call it will remind them about your application, that's why i think there are several people who get their PPR right after calling or sending a message by webform.

Just use some discretion is all i'm saying, so that they don't get annoyed.

P776

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
We can't predict... Anytime the PPR mail can come today, tomorrow..you never know...The more we think on it..the more we get worried..yeah even me waiting for the mail and have to take few important decisions..we can't do anything except waiting, waiting and waiting...

We have waited so long it's just a matter of another few more days...!!! I would say definitely the mail will come and we would land in Canada one fine day (Only thing to keep in mind). Be positive

Thank You for encouraging words. This helps a lot.

Reactions: Mahal03