+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Chins88

Jun 9, 2019
AOR: May 16
MEP: June 22
Biometrics Completed: July 12
I had called cic on July 18 and they said I have passed Criminality and MEP.
Eligibility and Security were yet to be started.
FSW - O, US Resident, Indian Passport holder.
My background check says we are processing your bg..
My visa office is Montreal. Hoping to see some movement soon and no ghost updates until now apart from MEP and BIL.
I want to know if the bg is IP2 or false IP2. Any idea guys?
My situation is somewhat similar to yours.
I had called CIC yesterday, and the agent said : Currently fle at Sydney, but it will be transferred to New Delhi VO soon.
AOR: 9th May
MEP/BIL : 17th June
Criminality & MEP passed
Eligibility & Security yet to be started
FSW - O, India Resident, Indian Passport holder
Background says: We are processing your bg.

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
Hi All...I have been following this thread for sometime. Please find my timeline.

FSW-O
Number of Applicant: 3
ITA : 20 MARCH 2019
AOR: 17 MAY 2019
MEP: 26 JUNE 2019
JUNE 28 Account Update (Got Email also), however on login no change was observed)
BIL : 3rd JULY 2019
BIO-METRIC Submitted: 4th JULY 2019 (4th July Bio-metric complete message updated in CIC account)
RPRF request : 9th JULY (paid on 9th and uploaded the document on same day).
On 9th JULY the status also changed from "We are processing...." to below status:
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
On 10 JULY the "Review of additional documents" section changed to "Not applicable".
After that no update till now.

Please do let me know at what stage my application is currently.
Thanks

Last edited:

deepshikha123

Star Member
May 20, 2019
My situation is somewhat similar to yours.
I had called CIC yesterday, and the agent said : Currently fle at Sydney, but it will be transferred to New Delhi VO soon.
AOR: 9th May
MEP/BIL : 17th June
Criminality & MEP passed
Eligibility & Security yet to be started
FSW - O, India Resident, Indian Passport holder
Background says: We are processing your bg.
Hi
Can you plz share how to call cic from India.
My AOR 29 April. .no updates aftr mep and bil.
Thanks!!

Chins88

Jun 9, 2019
Hi All...I have been following this thread for sometime. Please find my timeline.

FSW-O
JUNE 28 Account Update (Got Email also), however on login no change was observed)
BIO-METRIC Submitted: 4th JULY 2019 (4th July Bio-metric complete message updated in CIC account)
On 9th JULY the status also changed from "We are processing...." to below status:
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
On 10 JULY the "Review of additional documents" section changed to "Not applicable".

Thanks
I think if RPRF fee request is made, your PPR may not be very far.

deepshikha123

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Call on +1 613 944 4000
Long waiting time. Use Google Hangouts for a free call...
I did download Google handout but it's not working.
It says they will have to first accept the invite..then only we can call them. It'd be really kind if u could explain hw to use Google handout.

akimid

Jul 26, 2019
I called up CIC yesterday and they told that they will not be able to tell me anything as they do not have access to my file. She sent me an email later saying that my file is with New Delhi Visa Office. I am not sure what to understand from this? Does this mean my basic checks are done? And what sort of timeline can I expect? Also, can whom do I contact if I want any more update?

My AOR is May 11. BIL and Medical passed on June 20.

Devilsree

Jul 16, 2019
It says they will have to first accept the invite..then only we can call them. It'd be really kind if u could explain hw to use Google handout.
It will have a phone dial button to its extreme right on bottom side. You’ll get a dial pad when you click that button.
Just enter the number and call them.
It would be better to call at the start of the day in Canada time and if you try calling later your call couldn’t be connected because of the large no.of calls.
Only try to call if it’s very important to reach them.
I wish you good luck!

akimid

Jul 26, 2019
I called up CIC yesterday and they told that they will not be able to tell me anything as they do not have access to my file. She sent me an email later saying that my file is with New Delhi Visa Office. I am not sure what to understand from this? Does this mean my basic checks are done? And what sort of timeline can I expect? Also, can whom do I contact if I want any more update?

My AOR is May 11. BIL and Medical passed on June 20.

akimid

Jul 26, 2019
You need to download hangout dialer. It's a different app

devikaroland

Aug 21, 2018
Edmonton, AB, CA
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-02-2019
Nomination.....
12-04-2019
AOR Received.
10-05-2019
Is it common that when you go to documents submitted page, the "additional documents" uploaded is missing?

I have uploaded a letter of explanation on that section.
I didn't upload yet. , i got a request for ADR reference letter but the place to upload keep disappearing

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

FSW-O

Thanks
So somewhat similar case with me. AOR 12th May and on 4th July my BG status changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.". I read on one of the forums that if you BG status changes to this, at around 60th day of AOR, it means there has been some update on eligibility. While I wasn't convinced in any way, this actually turned out to be the case. I called CIC and they informed that eligibility has been MET and nothing else has started. ( I am still not convinced that BG status change has to do with eligibility).

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
So somewhat similar case with me. AOR 12th May and on 4th July my BG status changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.". I read on one of the forums that if you BG status changes to this, at around 60th day of AOR, it means there has been some update on eligibility. While I wasn't convinced in any way, this actually turned out to be the case. I called CIC and they informed that eligibility has been MET and nothing else has started. ( I am still not convinced that BG status change has to do with eligibility).
Hi @CNP,

Thanks for your response and best wishes for your application.
I also mailed Ralph Goodale office yesterday to get the status and as per their office my "Eligibility" is met. I am hoping that "Eligibility" met means that no further review is required for eligibility..:). Criminality and Security has not yet started.

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
I think if RPRF fee request is made, your PPR may not be very far.
Hi @Chins88

Thanks for the positivity and best wishes for your application, however RPRF request now a days doen not necessarily means PPR soon(read in some forum). The RPRF request for me came very early in process as its not even 2 months. I am preparing myself for 6 months wait as still people with AOR earlier than us are waiting.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar