+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
I called cic today and he said the processing of my application was started at Sydney and it is moved to Vancouver.
Is that a good or bad sign?

AOR - May 12, 2019
MEP- June 24, 2019
BG1- June 24, We will send you a message when we start your background check

He said that my application is under process, he didn't say anything in detail.
Does anyone know at what stage this happens actually?

Last edited:

bomting

May 22, 2019
I had a weird thing happen to me at my biometrics appointment. I showed the letter that I printed from EE account, the one with the barcode.

When I showed it to the woman processing it, she said the name on the letter doesn’t match my passport. It just had my first and last name. It didn’t include my middle name. She was sure that I’d have to redo the biometrics because it was missing.

Anyone have this experience or advice?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I had a weird thing happen to me at my biometrics appointment. I showed the letter that I printed from EE account, the one with the barcode.

When I showed it to the woman processing it, she said the name on the letter doesn’t match my passport. It just had my first and last name. It didn’t include my middle name. She was sure that I’d have to redo the biometrics because it was missing.

Anyone have this experience or advice?
The name on letter as per your CIC account and I assume you would have created account as per name in passport.

bomting

May 22, 2019
The name on letter as per your CIC account and I assume you would have created account as per name in passport.
AOR - May 29
MEP - July 7
Biometrics - July 24

It didn’t matter in the end. The lady was wrong as I expecting and Biometrics was expected.

Now it’s time to wait for PPR. Hoping for end of August.

shriram0205

May 16, 2019
AOR: May 16
MEP: June 22
Biometrics Completed: July 12
I had called cic on July 18 and they said I have passed Criminality and MEP.
Eligibility and Security were yet to be started.
FSW - O, US Resident, Indian Passport holder.
My background check says we are processing your bg..
My visa office is Montreal. Hoping to see some movement soon and no ghost updates until now apart from MEP and BIL.
I want to know if the bg is IP2 or false IP2. Any idea guys?

KevinAlme

Jul 21, 2019
1. Immigrant
2. It can be a joint account, but you will need a letter from the joint account holder.
See https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

3. The funds can be in any currency. All you need to do is meet the minimum PoF in CAD.

4. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/dna-testing.html

Thank You @legalfalcon. Could you kindly add me to your group. My number is +94773077039.

Thanking You in Advance.

KevinAlme

Jul 21, 2019
1. Immigrant
2. It can be a joint account, but you will need a letter from the joint account holder.
See https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

3. The funds can be in any currency. All you need to do is meet the minimum PoF in CAD.

4. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/dna-testing.html
And @legalfalcon - Point number 2 is not working as it gives an error. Could you share with some other read-up?

Thanking You in Advance.

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
I got MEP on July 4th.

I just called IRCC and the agent said my application is in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
The agent also said that my application is under "eligibility review required".

Does anyone have an idea how long will it take? I've read in other forums that others were stuck on this age for so long.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
I got MEP on July 4th.

I just called IRCC and the agent said my application is in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
The agent also said that my application is under "eligibility review required".

Does anyone have an idea how long will it take? I've read in other forums that others were stuck on this age for so long.
Order gcms notes to know more on why review required so you could provide additional docs proactively to help speed up the process..
You might have to wait 30+days to get the gcms notes though - worth the wait ..

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
This is not COPR, this is just an invitation to the interview with the set date and time. It specifically says in the letter “do not contact us unless you are unable to attend the interview”
Vintoalex29
I was not sure if you needed more info about the invitation - that is why i suggested to contact them..
But if you think showing up to the interview with your passport and other legal docs associated to your presence in Canada - should be good enough..

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Order gcms notes to know more on why review required so you could provide additional docs proactively to help speed up the process..
You might have to wait 30+days to get the gcms notes though - worth the wait ..
Thank you so much for the advice :)