Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Hi,

New in this forum.

My timeline is:

May 8- app sent
May 9- app received
June 20- AOR1

Can anybody share how they were able to link OWP application on GCKey?
TO LINK OPEN WORK PERMIT (This is what other applicant did, hope this works for you too)

Category: Temporary Resident

Sub-category: Work Permit and Extension

➡︎ Use UCI and Family Name

➡︎ Do NOT enter anything in the town/city of birth and Country

Enter Passport Information:

↳ Passport Number

↳ Country of Issue

↳ Issue Date and Expiry Date

Details of intended work in Canada

Type of Work Permit: Open (Initial Application or Extension)

Personal Information:

↳ Current Country of Residence: Canada

↳ Current Marital Status

↳ Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada

Hope this helps.

CanIndo1111

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Great News!

We just received AOR today.
Our timeline:
May 15- PR + OWP app. sent
May 16- App Delivered
June 27- AOR

Hope this great news! giving some hope breeze to other applicant, who is around the same timeline and still waiting for their AOR. It is coming!!!!

LivMeher

Apr 11, 2018
My app was delivered on May 18th and I haven't heard yet... Hopefully I will soon. I sent it in early march and received it back in late April, I really hope it isn't coming back again. Anyone in this frame that could put my mind at ease?
Application is Inland btw, with Schedule A, background check with it and no owp.

Sang Min Kim

Apr 15, 2018
My app was delivered on May 18th and I haven't heard yet... Hopefully I will soon. I sent it in early march and received it back in late April, I really hope it isn't coming back again. Anyone in this frame that could put my mind at ease?
Application is Inland btw, with Schedule A, background check with it and no owp.
Just out of curiosity... what was a reason for the return?

LivMeher

Apr 11, 2018
Just out of curiosity... what was a reason for the return?
Some missing info for family members on the 5406 I believe. I don't have addresses + emails for all of it and I left it with an N/A in some boxes, when I got it back I called in and asked and they said to provide a letter of explanation if I couldn't give that info. Sadly ended up taking a while to get back out because I had originally sent my app when I was in Canada for less than six months, I had to wait to receive a Canada background check before remailing which also meant we were really close to the three month mark of when our papers where signed meaning I had to reprint our whole application... It was fun.

Sang Min Kim

Apr 15, 2018
Some missing info for family members on the 5406 I believe. I don't have addresses + emails for all of it and I left it with an N/A in some boxes, when I got it back I called in and asked and they said to provide a letter of explanation if I couldn't give that info. Sadly ended up taking a while to get back out because I had originally sent my app when I was in Canada for less than six months, I had to wait to receive a Canada background check before remailing which also meant we were really close to the three month mark of when our papers where signed meaning I had to reprint our whole application... It was fun.
Sheesh. They could have asked first before returning it... I hope your application gets processed soon !

LivMeher

Apr 11, 2018
Sheesh. They could have asked first before returning it... I hope your application gets processed soon !
I really wish they would have. It's simply because Im not in contact with some members of my family and haven't been for a long time. Would've saved a lot of hassle and I really had no idea I should've specified why because everything I've read says if you don't have an answer for a section to just put N/A. Thank you though! I hope so too. Fingers crossed!

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Question - if I redo only some of the application forms for spousal sponsorship and others remain the same - meaning if there are different dates at the end where you sign - would this be an issue or should I redo all of them to have the same dates.
Plus we left the country during the time our application was sent and then returned due to missing docs and therefore the question “when was your most recent entry to Canada” would have changed .
Would you update those docs as well or just send it the requested doc??
Help!

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Hi,

New in this forum.

My timeline is:

May 8- app sent
May 9- app received
June 20- AOR1

Can anybody share how they were able to link OWP application on GCKey?
1. Log in with GC Key account
2. Permanent Residence - Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/paste application number from email (including the F) and enter PA's last name
3. City of Birth - enter 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Select PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Do not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependents)

OR...

1. Log in with GCKey account
3. Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) - Insert application number and UCI from email
4. City of Birth - Insert PA's City of Birth
5. Country of Birth - Select PA's Country of birth
6. Passport Info - Insert Passport number, issuance and expiration info
7. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application (Province, City and marital status) and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependent, if any)
8. Click on the 'Search for my application' tab
9. Then on 'Link my application' tab

OR...

1. Log in with GCKey account
3. Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) - Insert application number and UCI from email
4. City of Birth - Insert PA's City of Birth (LEFT THIS BLANK)
5. Country of Birth - Select PA's Country of birth (LEFT THIS BLANK)
6. Passport Info - Insert Passport number, issuance and expiration info
7. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application (Province, City and marital status) and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependent, if any)
8. Click on the 'Search for my application' tab
9. Then on 'Link my application' tab

All the best.

Reactions: CanIndo1111

jk9900

Dec 3, 2017
May 17th Application delivered
AOR received today June 28th
I am able to link the permanent residence application
But unable to link OWP application
Please advise

Reactions: CanIndo1111

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
May 17th Application delivered
AOR received today June 28th
I am able to link the permanent residence application
But unable to link OWP application
Please advise

My application was delivered in the same day as yours. So that’s mean mine will be returned? :(

CanIndo1111

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
My application was delivered in the same day as yours. So that’s mean mine will be returned? :(
I don't think so! Your application might be handled by different officer and also depend on the work load of each officer. usually it takes 4-8 weeks to receive AOR. Don't worry, you still have 2 weeks time to be worry.