+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
I am Toronto applicant also, called Nov 14 & Nov 15 to know what is the current status of my application at this moment. The agent told my background check has been passed and all I have to wait for test date they both advised me.
What else the agent can say lol....
my "in process" has been sitting there since Aug 1st, still nothing. I am in toronto. I feel like the more dense city/area you live in, the slow it becomes.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hello. I have checked status of my application online, it states that they have started processing of my application application since 01st August 2018. Kindly guide how much time it will take more to proceed further. I am 65 years of age.
5-6 months for decision to be made. In your case, no test will be required so you will directly get an Oath date.

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hello again. I'm from Kitchener - with one of the slowest CIC offices in the country. The application was IP since Aug 15 but today morning I received Fingerprint request. The letter has some scary text so should I be concerned/ worried or this is a standard template? I'm right now looking to book this fingerprint with an agency locally. Any advice on where to go or what the next steps will be is appreciated.
"
After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your
case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second
page of this letter. " and "
Section 21 of the Citizenship Act stipulates that no period may be counted as a period of physical
presence during which a person has been under a probation order, has been a paroled inmate, or
has served a term of imprisonment.
Section 22 of the Citizenship Act provides that a person cannot become a Canadian citizen in
certain circumstances. These circumstances are based on when your citizenship application was
signed. Please visit our website at to
review details about the circumstances which could prevent you from becoming a Canadian
citizen."

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hello again. I'm from Kitchener - with one of the slowest CIC offices in the country. The application was IP since Aug 15 but today morning I received Fingerprint request. The letter has some scary text so should I be concerned/ worried or this is a standard template? I'm right now looking to book this fingerprint with an agency locally. Any advice on where to go or what the next steps will be is appreciated.
"
After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your
case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second
page of this letter. " and "
Section 21 of the Citizenship Act stipulates that no period may be counted as a period of physical
presence during which a person has been under a probation order, has been a paroled inmate, or
has served a term of imprisonment.
Section 22 of the Citizenship Act provides that a person cannot become a Canadian citizen in
certain circumstances. These circumstances are based on when your citizenship application was
signed. Please visit our website at to
review details about the circumstances which could prevent you from becoming a Canadian
citizen."
This seems like a routine standard template letter. Let us also wait to hear from those who got the FP request. I did not, but, all letters received by applicants are standard templates.

If there is one near you. use commissionaires office for FP, they have the fastest turn around for FP. If not, use someone who has electronic information transfer link between RCMP and them (ask them specifically).

http://www.commissionaires.ca/en/national/home

Reactions: singhharneet

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
This seems like a routine standard template letter. Let us also wait to hear from those who got the FP request. I did not, but, all letters received by applicants are standard templates.

If there is one near you. use commissionaires office for FP, they have the fastest turn around for FP. If not, use someone who has electronic information transfer link between RCMP and them (ask them specifically).

Thanks @jangotrick for your prompt and valuable advice! I booked an appointment at a private agency locally which confirmed electronic information transfer to the RCMP. I'll update after my appointment on the experience! (Commissionaries wasn't available in/around me ~75 km)

Hoping for the best.

Reactions: jangotrick

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015

Yes it it standard template letter, who ever receiving FP everyone have same letter. Do not worry about that. Just do your FP.

pearl2018

Oct 14, 2018
Finally got the test date on 04 Dec 2018. The email came at 11:24 MST time.

I am travelling on these dates and had already informed CIC and a note was made on the file. There was a link on the letter to reschedule and I will be doing the test in January.

Good luck to all those who are waiting and stay patient. Your turn will come very soon.
Congratz...
Which city U r from..??

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Finally got the test date.
Please update spreadsheet. Test is on 29 November
Updated, thanks

I am travelling on these dates and had already informed CIC and a note was made on the file. There was a link on the letter to reschedule and I will be doing the test in January.

Good luck to all those who are waiting and stay patient. Your turn will come very soon.
Updated, thanks

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Thanks @jangotrick for your prompt and valuable advice! I booked an appointment at a private agency locally which confirmed electronic information transfer to the RCMP. I'll update after my appointment on the experience! (Commissionaries wasn't available in/around me ~75 km)

Hoping for the best.
Yes, do not worry. It is a routine request. I read somewhere that a large majority of the FP requests are generated due to false positives. Follow up with CIC in 4 weeks after the FP request that your results are received.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015

Congrats, finally waiting time is over.