+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
My husband and myself got interview date for 18 October in Halifax we let them know we would be out of the country until 16 November ; our daughter had her test and interview on the same day which she attended ,we are now waiting for another date for interview only as we are both over 70 , Was told by an agent after 30 days a new date will be given ,our daughter said at her interview our names were called and the person interviewing didn’t seem to know we could not attend , we had an e mail back from Halifax to say they received our e mail saying we could not attend and wanted documentation as proof of being out of the country, we sent a copy of our flight itinerary and have heard nothing since ,hope to get a new date soon
There you go. That is why I advised Ninjashadow to send a fax followed by letter. The system is disorganized and using fax, email and letters we can stay ahead of it,

Reactions: Ninjashadow

sgill83

Sep 25, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I called up CIC yesterday and they confirmed that all rounds of verification have been done for my application and that my file is good. Does anyone know how long does the test invite take after the file has been verified?
Thanks!

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I called up CIC yesterday and they confirmed that all rounds of verification have been done for my application and that my file is good. Does anyone know how long does the test invite take after the file has been verified?
Thanks!

Many of us who have been told the same by CIC agents are waiting since the last 2-8 weeks. All clear by CIC does not mean that the processing is completed. It means that CIC has all the information to make a final decision on the next steps. It is, however, good to know that background, security and criminality checks have been completed and are positive. This is when agents say "It is all good". Trust me, i have spoken to many agents in the last 2 weeks :)

In brief, hold your horses, lower your expectations and wait when the email comes.

Have a good weekend.

Last edited:

rain-b0w

Nov 16, 2018
I got my fingerprint request from cic. I live in Scarborough. Where is the best to do Fingerprint near Scarborough or Toronto?

sgill83

Sep 25, 2018
Many of us who have been told the same by CIC agents are waiting since the last 2-8 weeks. All clear by CIC does not mean that the processing is completed. It means that CIC has all the information to make a final decision on the next steps. It is, however, good to know that background, security and criminality checks have been completed and are positive. This is when agents say "It is all good". Trust me, i have spoken to many agents in the last 2 weeks :)

In brief, hold your horses, lower your expectations and wait when the email comes.

Have a good weekend.
Great! Thanks so much for letting me know.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Glad to know, at least some stones start to roll in GTA
I am Toronto applicant also, called Nov 14 & Nov 15 to know what is the current status of my application at this moment. The agent told my background check has been passed and all I have to wait for test date they both advised me.

nazk

Jul 9, 2018
I called CIC and told I am travelling for 7 weeks starting Dec. and not to send invitation for test during the travel period. He looked into my file and told my file was sent out from Sydney to Mississauga local office. He can't do much now. He sent me an email asking to fill the IRCC Webform. But this one looks like for who received invitation and not able to attend on the test date. Did you do the same thing nazk / jangotrick?

Missed citizenship exam or interview

If you have missed or you cannot attend the citizenship exam or interview, rest assured that we may be able to reschedule you.

To do so, please send the following information to the responsible office within 30 days from the date of your appointment:

• A reasonable explanation, and
  • Proof to support your explanation.
You can send your explanation either by:

• Using the IRCC Web form, or
  • Mail using the mailing address indicated on the letter you received,
    • if you did not receive a letter, you may find the address of the office on our website.
Your application may be considered abandoned if:

• Once the 30-day period has elapsed, no response has been provided, or
  • An acceptable explanation was not provided.
Important facts to keep in mind

• If you received a first notice to write the exam, but did not attend, and
  • You did not contact us to let us know or did not provide an acceptable explanation:
    • you will be automatically rescheduled at a later date and will receive a final notice,
      • however, if an acceptable explanation was provided, you will receive a new first notice.
Interesting.... My file had gone to Mississauga For a test date but the agent told me that anything less than 60 days he could process himself but anything more than that then I would have to do the above steps. I wonder why? Maybe one agent more experienced than another? I am worried now maybe I should call back and make sure...

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hello. I have checked status of my application online, it states that they have started processing of my application application since 01st August 2018. Kindly guide how much time it will take more to proceed further. I am 65 years of age.

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
First of all congratulations on getting some more information about your file. To your questions, you are right that request for fast track will not speed up the security checks. They are independently done by CSIS and CIC cannot influence that process.

Security check usually takes 30 to 90 days from the date of submission. Of course, you do not know when the processing office submitted the request. A slow office will submit at a later date.Call back in 2 weeks and check again. If there is anything unusual in the file, usually it will be marked as non-routine. So it seems you are in good shape that you app is routine. Security checks involves checking what info the agency already has on you and then carrying out a more detailed check with multi-national agencies. Most of these checks are database query checks but in countries where processing is paper-based, these are made using paper requests by agents in local office.So, the delays.

No, this is not the time to make an ATIP request. Wait 5-6 months into processing and then if your security is not cleared, then only request it. If you have an adverse information report on file, first your file will be marked non-routine and then you will directly get a decision made notification without getting a test notification. So, relax, give it some time. It just seems like a procedural delay.

Do speak with the immigration lawyers in any case to see how to speed up your file.
Hello is there anyone here who send their citizen request in FRENCH!!!!!
want to know if its slower in french or not
I am from MONTREAL