Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
Finally got the test date on 04 Dec 2018. The email came at 11:24 MST time.

I am travelling on these dates and had already informed CIC and a note was made on the file. There was a link on the letter to reschedule and I will be doing the test in January.

Good luck to all those who are waiting and stay patient. Your turn will come very soon.
I am really glad for you.

Reactions: jangotrick

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
I called CIC last Thursday and they give me the same answer, ((you need to be patient))
i sent my application on May 17th and no AOR until today.

it's ridiculous.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
I called CIC last Thursday and they give me the same answer, ((you need to be patient))
i sent my application on May 17th and no AOR until today.

it's ridiculous.
At this point, I think it is better that you send a new application with the same payment receipt. It should not take so much time for them to open a file. They have probably lost your file. This time please send it with a courier.

Reactions: Abud83

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
Finally got the test date on 04 Dec 2018. The email came at 11:24 MST time.

I am travelling on these dates and had already informed CIC and a note was made on the file. There was a link on the letter to reschedule and I will be doing the test in January.

Good luck to all those who are waiting and stay patient. Your turn will come very soon.
Congratulations..

Does the link to reschedule provides standard list of test dates in January or you have more choice of dates?

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Congratulations..

Does the link to reschedule provides standard list of test dates in January or you have more choice of dates?

December showed only 2 test dates, but January and February showed like 3 days every week to chose from. Looks like a lot of people will be taking the tests in Jan and February.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
ECAS updated as below through the actual notice was sent on 20 Nov 2018.

We sent you a notice on November 14, 2018, to appear and write the citizenship test on December 4, 2018, at 10:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Reactions: GrantM and iceberge

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Question to the learned/ experienced folks like @jangotrick and others -

Is it normal for a Kitchener resident to have the Fingerprint request received from IRCC, Greater Toronto Area - CEN, 15th Floor, 325 Milner Ave, Scarborough ON?

As in, I thought my processing office will be Kitchener? Please advise.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018

Is it normal for a Kitchener resident to have the Fingerprint request received from IRCC, Greater Toronto Area - CEN, 15th Floor, 325 Milner Ave, Scarborough ON?

It is normal. The overall citizenship process is federally managed, all templates and all email communications are federally managed. I know that CIC uses an advanced version of "Crystal Reports" which auto-fills all the non-static fields (name, application number, date of birth, address, telephone number etc) and keeps the static fields as is it. Every letter that we receive at every step of the notification is pre-designed, templated and all offices have to use the same. Some offices have lesser staff so they are overseen by a larger office, some offices do not do processing and only take care of tests etc.

Do not get worried, this is a very normal process, you will be done and completed in a few weeks and will be on the way to your test. 99% of the FP requests are false positives i.e. negative full or partial name match which mandates that agents request FP based criminality clearance. If you have never been arrested, fingerprinted and eventually convicted in Canada, you should have nothing to worry about,

Last edited:
Reactions: singhharneet

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015

Someone I know Scarborough processing area and receive letter from IRCC FP request in Etobicoke. I guess its not problem.

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks @jangotrick! I am not worried. I was just curious. The agency I got my FP done with transferred the data electronically to the RCMP (She said "five minutes and it's done) and said that within 3-10 business days it should be with the IRCC. So I've got nothing to worry about. Thanks anyway! Appreciate the valuable info.

Reactions: jangotrick

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
At this point, I think it is better that you send a new application with the same payment receipt. It should not take so much time for them to open a file. They have probably lost your file. This time please send it with a courier.
will do :-(