+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
At this point, I think it is better that you send a new application with the same payment receipt. It should not take so much time for them to open a file. They have probably lost your file. This time please send it with a courier.
do i need to get all the translated documents again?

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
do i need to get all the translated documents again?
No, submit a copy of whatever translation documents you have.

Also, mark the File "URGENT" on top and write a letter stating that the previous file sent on XX Date has probably been misplaced as no AOR has been received. This way duplication will not occur.

I find it hard to believe that without opening your file they know that they have your file. The file is opened and the details are entered in the system. I am quite sure that they have misplaced your file.

I know how you feel at this stage, but the next best thing to do is to mark the file urgent, write a letter inside and this will make them open the file immediately.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Reactions: Abud83

Haa44325

Aug 9, 2012
I saw 'Decision Made' on the status of my application - today 20th Nov.

Please update my schedule. Thanks in advance for same.

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
No, submit a copy of whatever translation documents you have.

Also, mark the File "URGENT" on top and write a letter stating that the previous file sent on XX Date has probably been misplaced as no AOR has been received. This way duplication will not occur.

I find it hard to believe that without opening your file they know that they have your file. The file is opened and the details are entered in the system. I am quite sure that they have misplaced your file.

I know how you feel at this stage, but the next best thing to do is to mark the file urgent, write a letter inside and this will make them open the file immediately.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
thanks a lot, and appreciating your help

Reactions: jangotrick

Kya123

Aug 21, 2018
will do :-(
I will wait until mid December to send a new request. because if i analyzed at the beginning they said not to receive our request and towards of 20 september they confirmed that they had finally received it. so I tell myself I'm going to see when they'll start giving the AOR to the September candidates, maybe we'll get ourselves too

Reactions: Abud83

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
5-6 months for decision to be made. In your case, no test will be required so you will directly get an Oath date.
Thank You...it means i will get the email approx, in December or January....isnt it? and further how much time more required for getting Canadian passport??????????? Kindly guide. thank You

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Thank You...it means i will get the email approx, in December or January....isnt it? and further how much time more required for getting Canadian passport??????????? Kindly guide. thank You
Yes, looks like you will get your email by January. Call CIC and ask them whether your criminal, security and background checks are completed. If they say yes and everything looks good, you may be few weeks away from Oath. Also, keep checking ECAS for "change to decision made.

Another 4 weeks to get Canadian passport for which you have to apply. Fast track can be done in 4-5 days if you are ready to pay extra.

toussaint

Jul 17, 2014
I just took the test in Vancouver-- passed with 19/20.

I showed up about 30 minutes early, and the building was not open yet. A queue lined up outside and at 8:00 they let us in. After everyone was in the hall, there was a brief wait and they sent us in for the test.

Interview was about 10 minutes and friendly. The agent reviewed my passport stamps and checked off corresponding trips on my physical presence calculator. He asked a few questions about where I work. The only documents he asked to see were my passport, PR card, and BC ID.

Afterwards, he told me that they are scheduling ceremonies about 2 months out, but it is likely that I could be scheduled as soon as December.

And that was that!

Reactions: ImNotAhab