+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

spaceinvasion

Jul 8, 2018
Passed the test + interview this afternoon, Edmonton applicant. Please update thanks :)

Note: there was like 40 people writing the test, if any of them are on here, Hi!

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Passed the test + interview this afternoon, Edmonton applicant. Please update thanks :)

Note: there was like 40 people writing the test, if any of them are on here, Hi!
Hey , Congratulations !! I also have my test in here in Edmonton on the 26th. How long did the whole process take? what Original Documents did the ask ?

thanks

spaceinvasion

Jul 8, 2018
Hey , Congratulations !! I also have my test in here in Edmonton on the 26th. How long did the whole process take? what Original Documents did the ask ?

thanks
People started lining up like 15 minutes before the test time. Show your govn't issued photo ID to them, and they'll let you into the test room. They give some instructions once everyone's ready, and then you start the test.

Afterwards, you have to go another room and wait for a short interview. It's roughly based on the order you finish your test. I brought passport, PR card, and drivers liscense. They also ask for landing document but I did not have mine and it wasn't a problem. I also brought my university transcript but they didn't need it probably because they could tell I speak English.

They asked me to sign and then told me to wait a couple months for the oath invite, that's all. Total took like 90 minutes, Good luck!

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Hi Can anyone update my status to decision made 14-Nov-2018, I just check it but not sure when it was updated to decision made , also can anyone let me know where can we see what the decision .... we just get to know decision made but what it is we dont know .
Updated, thanks

rathna

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Included with App
File Transfer...
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-28-2015
LANDED..........
03-31-2015
My Oath ceremony email invite came through its, 11/30/2018. :)
Please update the tracker.

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
Hey guys, I received my test invite EMAIL on Oct 25th (already been updated), but I checked my online application and it says

"We sent you a notice on October 9, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 14, 2018 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us".

I still haven't received any physical mail, so do I need to call them? On the pdf attachment that came with the email, it says to bring "this notice" so should I just print it out and bring that?
I have the same query so just wondering did you get official letter in mail or did you just print the one came in email because my test is on November 27 and if I don’t get letter by coming week I will have to call them please let me know what you did thank you.

spaceinvasion

Jul 8, 2018
I have the same query so just wondering did you get official letter in mail or did you just print the one came in email because my test is on November 27 and if I don’t get letter by coming week I will have to call them please let me know what you did thank you.
I printed out the pdf attachment that came with the email and it was fine.

Reactions: Lionhearted

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Hi Guys,

Just wondering how much days required for Citizenship exam preparation with books and URL links ? Please advise

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Just completed my test few hours ago. I had 20/20. Pretty easy to pass the exam, just that someone must read the Discover Canada book and take some practice questions.
Congrats. How many people were there for the test and what city you took the test in ?

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
That is exactly my situation. I am getting married and wont be in the country dec and jan. The person that I talked to suggested that I block that time off so when my turn comes for a test date they will know when to allocate it. They will do it either before or after my blocked dates. The other option is not saying anything getting a test date and then having to write a letter explaining why you can't make it and then you will have to wait for another test date. I ended up blocking the two months for me it is better to be safe than sorry.
I am travelling for 2 weeks so called CIC and they made an entry in the file so that test date is not given for the specific date. You can do the same.
I called CIC and told I am travelling for 7 weeks starting Dec. and not to send invitation for test during the travel period. He looked into my file and told my file was sent out from Sydney to Mississauga local office. He can't do much now. He sent me an email asking to fill the IRCC Webform. But this one looks like for who received invitation and not able to attend on the test date. Did you do the same thing nazk / jangotrick?

Missed citizenship exam or interview

If you have missed or you cannot attend the citizenship exam or interview, rest assured that we may be able to reschedule you.

To do so, please send the following information to the responsible office within 30 days from the date of your appointment:

• A reasonable explanation, and
  • Proof to support your explanation.
You can send your explanation either by:

• Using the IRCC Web form, or
  • Mail using the mailing address indicated on the letter you received,
    • if you did not receive a letter, you may find the address of the office on our website.
Your application may be considered abandoned if:

• Once the 30-day period has elapsed, no response has been provided, or
  • An acceptable explanation was not provided.
Important facts to keep in mind

• If you received a first notice to write the exam, but did not attend, and
  • You did not contact us to let us know or did not provide an acceptable explanation:
    • you will be automatically rescheduled at a later date and will receive a final notice,
      • however, if an acceptable explanation was provided, you will receive a new first notice.