+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2017 TRV Online Application

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey Bryanna just another quick question.
Normally how long does it take from BG status not applicable to PPR request ?

Thank you
1-2 weeks. It depends on the volume of applications in the queue for processing/waiting for assessments by a visa officer(s)

katchme88

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-12-2016
Nomination.....
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2017
Hi members,
I applied for my mother and here is her timeline:

Citizenship & Residence: Pakistan
Visa Office: Abu Dhabi
Application: Online
Application Received: 31-May-2017
Biometric Letter Received: 2-June-2017
Biometric Updated: 5-June-2017
Passport Request: 19-June-2017

During this time I submitted two case specific inquiries since I made a blunder on the IMM5257 form and selected wrong country of birth. I sent new form via case specific inquiry.

Hope this information helps

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi members,
I applied for my mother and here is her timeline:

Citizenship & Residence: Pakistan
Visa Office: Abu Dhabi
Application: Online
Application Received: 31-May-2017
Biometric Letter Received: 2-June-2017
Biometric Updated: 5-June-2017
Passport Request: 19-June-2017

During this time I submitted two case specific inquiries since I made a blunder on the IMM5257 form and selected wrong country of birth. I sent new form via case specific inquiry.

Hope this information helps
Congrats. Processing has been pretty quick in your mom's case

katchme88

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-12-2016
Nomination.....
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2017
Congrats. Processing has been pretty quick in your mom's case
I still thought it's a bit slower coz some of my friends who applied for their parents in the last week of April got their PPR within 7 days from the application date. I think files submitted in may are taking longer and since I made a mistake in my application too might have contributed in slower processing. I invited her for my brother's convocation which is to be held on the 23rd of June so I don't think it would be possible to fly in timely manner.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I still thought it's a bit slower coz some of my friends who applied for their parents in the last week of April got their PPR within 7 days from the application date. I think files submitted in may are taking longer and since I made a mistake in my application too might have contributed in slower processing. I invited her for my brother's convocation which is to be held on the 23rd of June so I don't think it would be possible to fly in timely manner.
Yes, it's possible that the two CSEs to correct the errors could have delayed the processing a bit.

I don't think she will get her passport back in time for your brother's convocation. But, it's great it all worked out well in the end

katchme88

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-12-2016
Nomination.....
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2017
Yeah I'm at peace now. Thanks Bryanna!

ren_kw

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
hey guys..I have a question.. of I i dicated in mt letter that we want to apply for visitor visa and planning ti apply spousal.visa in canada.. will.it be a red flag?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hey guys..I have a question.. of I i dicated in mt letter that we want to apply for visitor visa and planning ti apply spousal.visa in canada.. will.it be a red flag?
Oooooops. Huge red flag as it contradicts your intention to be a visitor.

What's done can't be undone. You'll have to stay positive and hope it's not noticed :):)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied last May 11, until now no updates. My plan visit is on July 8. Few weeks to go... any advise?
Has your application crossed the estimated processing time stated on the IRCC website? If yes, do send a Case Specific Enquiry (Web form on the IRCC website) + email to the relevant visa office to request for expedited processing

ren_kw

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Hi! Here's my timeline:
May 3 - applied online from PH
May 12 - got passport request
May 15 - submitted passport to VAC

Hopefully, I will get back my passport tomorrow, May 18.
hi.. who applied for trv? is it for your parents or you? what supporting documents you submitted for the applicatiin.thanks

ren_kw

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Oooooops. Huge red flag as it contradicts your intention to be a visitor.

What's done can't be undone. You'll have to stay positive and hope it's not noticed :):)
Im kinda worried about iur plan of applying a visitor visa..my husband and I just got married last feb and hes back in canada. in terms of financial I have enough saving earned from my work.. now when applying I am aware that I need strong ties to my country which is Phil. I work online homebased and currently living in my parents house. we have a pretty decent life and can afford things but I think it would be a red flag of I live with them and working online? my travel history was just around south eastasia which doesnt required visa to come there.

on the other hand, our main reason to come there is to process our spusal applicatuon together because of gis work and our time difference where having hard time to gather stuff.

I am also living in mindanao where currently u der martial law. that would also add up delay i processing papers since its hard to travel because checkpoints.

I need your advices guys if what I should do

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Im kinda worried about iur plan of applying a visitor visa..my husband and I just got married last feb and hes back in canada. in terms of financial I have enough saving earned from my work.. now when applying I am aware that I need strong ties to my country which is Phil. I work online homebased and currently living in my parents house. we have a pretty decent life and can afford things but I think it would be a red flag of I live with them and working online? my travel history was just around south eastasia which doesnt required visa to come there.

on the other hand, our main reason to come there is to process our spusal applicatuon together because of gis work and our time difference where having hard time to gather stuff.

I am also living in mindanao where currently u der martial law. that would also add up delay i processing papers since its hard to travel because checkpoints.

I need your advices guys if what I should do
Worrying won't change the situation. So try not to think too much though it's easier said than done :)

Ideally, you should have applied for spousal PR and then given the TRV a shot.

Let's see the potential red flags in your case:
1. Purpose of visit: To visit and then file an inland spousal PR application

2. Online work: You can work from anywhere = no reason to return to the Philippines

3. Living with your parents: No, this is not a negative/red flag. It depends on how one sees the situation

4. Mindanao: Political instability = You're unlikely to return after your visit

5. I also guess the invitation letter/other explanations had statements like "would like to file inland PR because of his work and our time difference where we're having a hard time to gather stuff"..... or "just married and would like to spend some time together". Huge no-nos

The Manila visa office processes TRV applications pretty quickly. We've also noticed that this visa office takes a more considerate view of an applicant's situation and it may not be as difficult to convince this visa office compared to some of the others.

Nonetheless, you may want to send an email asap to the visa office to consider additional documents/evidence (if possible/available):
1. If your online work requires you to meet your employer/clients in-person every now and then + any scheduled meetings

2. Your parents are dependent on your financially or for their well-being

3. You must return to the Philippines by a specific date for some work commitment or family event

Cheers

Last edited:

ren_kw

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Worrying won't change the situation. So try not to think too much though it's easier said than done :)

Ideally, you should have applied for spousal PR and then given the TRV a shot.

Let's see the potential red flags in your case:
1. Purpose of visit: To visit and then file an inland spousal PR application

2. Online work: You can work from anywhere = no reason to return to the Philippines

3. Living with your parents: No, this is not a negative/red flag. It depends on how one sees the situation

4. Mindanao: Political instability = You're unlikely to return after your visit

5. I also guess the invitation letter/other explanations had statements like "would like to file inland PR because of his work and our time difference where we're having a hard time to gather stuff"..... or "just married and would like to spend some time together". Huge no-nos

The Manila visa office processes TRV applications pretty quickly. We've also noticed that this visa office takes a more considerate view of an applicant's situation and it may not be as difficult to convince this visa office compared to some of the others.

Nonetheless, you may want to send an email asap to the visa office to consider additional documents/evidence (if possible/available):
1. If your online work requires you to meet your employer/clients in-person every now and then + any scheduled meetings

2. Your parents are dependent on your financially or for their well-being

3. You must return to the Philippines by a specific date for some work commitment or family event

Cheers

If those are all my reason coming to canada.. What should I include in my cover/purpose of travel? to get at least less chances of red flag?.

Also.I want to k ow even I just travel.i asian countries, do I still need to i clude it to my travel history?

I can't think of any example.or othe reason to include in my letter right. Please help. Thank you