+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2017 TRV Online Application

ren_kw

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Hi.. anyone here who applied for visitor visa at the same.time in the process of applying for family class vusa or spousal visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi.. anyone here who applied for visitor visa at the same.time in the process of applying for family class vusa or spousal visa
It's been done lots of times. It is called 'dual intent'.

However, it's best to apply after the spousal PR application has been filed, and it crosses the sponsor assessment stage. Plus, the applicant must prove really solid ties to his/her home country as TRV refusals are highly likely in this case

arcanerk

May 6, 2017
Dear Shamaz,

Can you please tell I applied on 11th May from Lahore, Pakistan. I am not able to link my paper based application to my online account. 1 month passed.

What is email confirmation from IRCC ? Does it mean that they have received your application ? Actually I have not received any email from IRCC in my email account.

Please confirm.

Thanks.

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai
Dear Shamaz,

Can you please tell I applied on 11th May from Lahore, Pakistan. I am not able to link my paper based application to my online account. 1 month passed.

What is email confirmation from IRCC ? Does it mean that they have received your application ? Actually I have not received any email from IRCC in my email account.

Please confirm.

Thanks.
Dear
Linking your paper application is a easy process
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Nate Gee

May 23, 2017
any advice po for supporting documents.. especially cover letter and i viatation letter
Why are you going, how long, where are you from, who are you visiting?

Yes, as far as I know this is called 'dual intent'. However it does make it harder to get a TRV as your ties to Canada may be stronger than your ties to your home country. You will need to demonstrate both exceptionally strong ties to home country plus an earnest intent to leave Canada. It's not impossible, but it's tricky.

Shamaz

Jun 7, 2017
Dear Shamaz,

Please confirm.

Thanks.
Yes! I got an email saying that my application has been received by the IRCC on may 14 2017.. but no reply so far

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hello everyone!!! I have applied TRV for myself and my parents. With my service in defence (left in Mar 17) and my mom's previous rejection history seems it would take some time. Fingers crossed and all the best to the fellow applicants.

Applied : 17 May 2017
Application Type: Paper
VAC: VSF Hyderabad

Regards
Hi. Got a good news, TRV approved for me and my parents. Single entry for me(??? :oops:) and multiple entry for my parents.

Would like to thank Bryanna and other members of the forum. Your guidance has been very helpful for preparing my application. Thank you very much and all the best to other applicants.

Regards

Shamaz

Jun 7, 2017
Helloo
Hi. Got a good news, TRV approved for me and my parents. Single entry for me(??? :oops:) and multiple entry for my parents.

Would like to thank Bryanna and other members of the forum. Your guidance has been very helpful for preparing my application. Thank you very much and all the best to other applicants.

Regards
Helloo!

When did you apply for it?? How long did it take for you? From where did you apply! Plz plz tell me cuz I am waiting fo mine since 1 month

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Dear Bryanna

My TRV is valid till 12 Jun 2018 and i will be traveling to Canada for 2 wks end June. Is it a single entry visa? Or i could travel again next year April. Or should I apply fresh again then?

Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Regards
Congrats. This is great news :):)

I suggest the duration of your visit should match what you had stated in your application (2-3 weeks max.). This will help you to get a multiple-entry TRV of a longer validity the next time you apply

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Bryanna

My TRV is valid till 12 Jun 2018 and i will be traveling to Canada for 2 wks end June. Is it a single entry visa? Or i could travel again next year April. Or should I apply fresh again then?

Regards
What does the 'No. of entries' state on the TRV counterfoil in your passport? Single or Multiple?

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
My parents TRV validity is same as their passport validity, but for me is was given one yr validity (my passport valid upto 2027). so taking a guess on No of entries. Will check the counterfoil on receipt of the passport. Thank you.