+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

rfirmeza

Jul 8, 2015
Hi asianflipsurfboi,

My situation is somewhat similiar to yours. However I have been gone for several more days at a time, most of them for work, trips to US and Brazil. I am short on the days. I was surprised to be invited for the test and then get RQ'ed, I thought if CIC decided to deny one's application they would do it right away after "in process".

The officer reviewed both my passports page by page and finally she said, "I will be issuing both of you (my wife included) RQ's. You will have 45 days to submit the application." I mailed the package in 20 days. Didn't even know you could drop it off.

Anyway, it's a waiting game now. She said she has no power to deny my application. If she thinks I am not eligible, she will submit my application to a judge and that can take up to 2 years. Goo luck to me I guess!!!

asianflipsurfboi said:
After my exam i had a quick interview with the citizenship officer and she reviewed my documents especially my passport. I have made a lot of travels during 2012 until I applied for my citizenship but 90% of which were just day trips to the US because of my previous job and shopping. The citizenship officer endorsed me to another officer and we went to a room where she investigated all my passport stamps and reviewed my travels. She told me she was worried that my residency calculation didnt make the 1195 days of stay in canada because of my absences. It took another half hour to review my travel history and she made a photocopy of my passport pages then she gave me the RQ form and told me i have 45 days to fix it or they will consider the application abandoned. So i did not waste time and gathered all my documents and came back a week after. I have given her the RQ form with my pay stubs, bank statements and other documents to prove that i have been legitimately living in canada all the time. It was a quick talk with her and she told me if i wont hear back from her in 2 weeks after i have submitted my documents she told me to just wait for my oath invite. After a month i was surprised that my Ecas changed to DM and 4 days later i got my oath invite. I have been living in canada since 2008 from a work visa to permanent resident. And i am 100% sure that i have met the residency requirement its just that i have made a lot of travels (mostly couple of hours in the states and back to canada). Why did you get RQ what is your case?

ondulator

Jun 10, 2015
That's amazing news! Congrats!

nubee said:
Hey, you were very right. I just got letter to take oath in mail. Its on April 6th. Looks like we are meeting again :)

Thanks everyone in this group for making it a great journey.

I am around to be of any help.

Best,

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, what all documents do we need to carry for Oath? letter says to bring all documents submitted for the application. What has been your experience? Thanks.....

ari5323 said:
Very soon you are a Canadian .

You should asap start practicing usuing eh after eacg sentance, so simple eh ? :p

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
today i got oath letter ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

for 7th april 2016 at 8 o'clock mississauga office. so close now even can smell it.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassi_cool1980 said:

for 7th april 2016 at 8 o'clock mississauga office. so close now even can smell it.

Congrats, mine is on 31st at Scarborough

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
shahbj said:
:) :) :) :) ;D ;D
jassi_cool1980 Great news
Congatulations ,
Forum will miss you after you take oath :)
Thx

Cndapp

Mar 9, 2016
jassi_cool1980 said:

Congrats! When was your status changed to "Decision Made"? and did see your oath invitation in your eCAS? thanks.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
Cndapp said:
Congrats! When was your status changed to "Decision Made"? and did see your oath invitation in your eCAS? thanks.
It changes overnight , yes there is line abt oath invitation in there

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011

shahbj

Mar 13, 2016
I checked my mail today and got much awaited letter for test/Interview at Mississauga on 18th April.
As I am older than 55,I think I need to get checked my ID documents.

Let Canada be whole World or whole World be Canada :)

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
hotpinktop said:
So, I thought I'd share with everyone how my odd ECAS updates are not so odd after all.

Today, I received a registered mail from CIC -- a notice to take my citizenship AND take the oath the day after. It reads:

"... If you pass the citizenship test/ interview, meet all the requirements, and your file is approved, you will receive an invitation to attend a Citizenship ceremony on April 22nd" This is really good news! I had no idea they were doing this. So, I must pass the April 21st test if I want to take the oath on April 22nd.
where did you apply at ?. I guess it depends on the location too.

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Anybody had their citizenship test on feb 12 in toronto and received their oath ceremony letter yet.

Seems like scarborough people who had their citizenship tests almost 1-2 weeks later, have mostly received oath ceremony letters.

What about mississauga applicants ?

victoria2016

Feb 29, 2016
Dear All,

I guess many of you won't check your ecas status after taking the oath,
If anybody did check their status, would you please tell me whether
it was changed to 'complete' or not, and how long the status
was changed from 'DM' to 'complete' or from ' in process' to 'complete'.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Have a great long weekend!

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
victoria2016 said:
Dear All,

I guess many of you won't check your ecas status after taking the oath,
If anybody did check their status, would you please tell me whether
it was changed to 'complete' or not, and how long the status
was changed from 'DM' to 'complete' or from ' in process' to 'complete'.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Have a great long weekend!
It changed to complete within few days of oath