Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Asking this question on behalf of a friend:

Test passed in Mississauga but have been told that language assessment will be required and a letter will be sent with details. Does anyone knows what it means? What could be next steps in this case? Do he needs to go through any ESL test or appear in front of Citizenship Judge?

Thanks,

FutureCanadian

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asif_786 said:
Hi,

Asking this question on behalf of a friend:

Test passed in Mississauga but have been told that language assessment will be required and a letter will be sent with details. Does anyone knows what it means? What could be next steps in this case? Do he needs to go through any ESL test or appear in front of Citizenship Judge?

Thanks,
Test covers only the canadian knowledge part. Language is asssed in the interview.

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FutureCanadian said:
Test covers only the canadian knowledge part. Language is asssed in the interview.
Correct. But in this case it seems that interviewer in the post test interview was not satisfied with the English proficiency and some level of further assessment is required. CIC will send way forward in a letter but just curious to know if someone has seen such a scenario and what were the next steps?

Thanks,

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We became proud Canadians yesterday at Scarborough, 96 new Canadians from 38 different countries.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
russ007 said:
We became proud Canadians yesterday at Scarborough, 96 new Canadians from 38 different countries.
Congratulations. wellcome. was it the franch lady judge ? ( i forgot her name)

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it was a lady judge

Got the citizenship certificate yesterday, applied for urgent passport at Mississauga passport office and got the passport today.....amazing!!

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great news. Congrats! :) :)

What all documents did they check for oath? Can we apply for passport same day? I thought you have to wait 48 hours.

russ007 said:
Yes, it was a lady judge

Got the citizenship certificate yesterday, applied for urgent passport at Mississauga passport office and got the passport today.....amazing!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
nubee said:

What all documents did they check for oath? Can we apply for passport same day? I thought you have to wait 48 hours.
CIC specifies the list of doc's in the invitation letter, they take away the PR card and return all other docs.

I understand from few candidates, now its not required to wait for 48 hours. One can apply for passport on the same day.

bxnd

Oct 5, 2015
Hi friends,

I know downtown Toronto office is slow. I did my citizenship test and interview on February 24, 2016. So approximately how long do I have to wait for the oath invitation? Anyone has experience with the downtown office?

Thanks

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. I agree. Yet the letter says all documents submitted with the application. So I wanted to make sure if it means only immigration related documents or all documents. :)

Canadiandesi2006 said:
CIC specifies the list of doc's in the invitation letter, they take away the PR card and return all other docs.

I understand from few candidates, now its not required to wait for 48 hours. One can apply for passport on the same day.

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nubee said:

they just checked oath invite, PR card and COPR

i tried to apply for passport same day but system was not updated, so applied the next day and got the passport in 3 hours, needed to show confirmed tkt

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
russ007 said:

i tried to apply for passport same day but system was not updated, so applied the next day and got the passport in 3 hours, needed to show confirmed tkt
did you hvae to pay extr for that ?

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Hello friends,

Anyone now about timeline for Toronto processing :( :( :( :(

Asif_786 said:
Correct. But in this case it seems that interviewer in the post test interview was not satisfied with the English proficiency and some level of further assessment is required. CIC will send way forward in a letter but just curious to know if someone has seen such a scenario and what were the next steps?

Thanks,

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much. This is very helpful..

russ007 said: