+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, I was there too :). It was overall a very pleasant experience. The officer was nice and looked at my passports (old and new), pr card, license, health card, COPR and verified travel dates. Very smooth and quick turnaround.

Told the same thing...2-4 months.

This group is a great help. Thanks to everyone here.

You make it great!

ondulator said:
Just wrote my test in Scarborough this morning. 19/20.
Interview was very quick and the officer was very nice to me.
They said 2-4 months for the ceremony. I'm hoping it will be a little sooner than that. Does anyone have any experience with the Scarborough office?

Cheers,

B

Behi

Feb 14, 2016
Dear all friends. I and my wife applied in May 2015. So far no AOR. no in process. No response to my call by cic office. No return of my file yet.The only thing is that my ecas (not my wife) is activated from 1 month ago. Is there any one like me. We are really confused. Best wishes

Sep 4, 2012
Hey guys i just got my pink letter yesterday for my oath invite, it was faster than expected so i am happy!! Heres my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 15, 2015.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 3, 2015.

3.We started processing your application on September 2, 2015.

4. We sent you a notice on January 11, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2016 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I took my exams and got perfect score but the interview was very long coz i have so many previous travels. And i got RQ on the same day right after my exams. I collected all my supporting documents for RQ and went back on February 2nd,2016.

March 4th, 2016 my ecas changed to decision made!

5.We sent you a notice on March 10, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 30, 2016 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

March 17th, 2016 i got the pink letter for my oath taking invite

Yeah so everyhing went smoothly(well not really smoothly because of the RQ) but the processing was faster and i am not complaining and now i am just waiting for March 30th for my oath, just right in time a week after my birthday!

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
My husband is now a Canadian Citizen! He had his Oath/Ceremony yesterday in Scarborough.

His timeline is in my signature.

Scarborough office is chaotic! ceremony start time was 1:00, we finally got started at about 1:45, after a lot of moving around and confusion. They would only let each person line up with ONE GUEST. so my dad had to wait until the very end to see if there were any seats left. He was very lucky and got the last seat. Some people had 3 or 4 guests with them. so keep this in mind if you are in Scarborough. Also they were told at least 5 times DO NOT APPLY FOR PASSPORT UNTIL 48 HRS HAS PASSED. so we will wait until next week.

make sure you bring the pink letter, your PR card and your confirmation of permanent residence card- that was all they asked for. but some people didn't have their PR cards and that seemed to create some problems.

ceremony was nice, very moving! I was very excited for everyone there especially the families with young children. Canada is such a great place to live!

good luck to everyone still waiting, it's worth the wait ;D 8)

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

Did you and your wife apply together? If yes, then its one eCas I believe for both. Other members may confirm.

No response to call by cic??...means. you need to be on hold for a bit before they pick up but they do pick up the phone.

Yes not getting AOR is weird. But as you said eCas is activated and that only happenes after AOR is issued. What your wife's eCas says?

Many May 2015 applicants are still awaiting test. So don't worry. I only got tested yesterday while many people who applied way after me already got oath.

All the best wishes,

Behi said:
Dear all friends. I and my wife applied in May 2015. So far no AOR. no in process. No response to my call by cic office. No return of my file yet.The only thing is that my ecas (not my wife) is activated from 1 month ago. Is there any one like me. We are really confused. Best wishes

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ari - I have loved this message from you for so long :). Your wishes do come true for this group.

I noticed Miriam did become Canadian in Jan 2016.

Please do ask your GrandMa about me. I have to go out of country soon. Many thanks....!

Just got tested yesterday!!

Best wishes all my friends,

ari5323 said:
Folks,

During the year 2016 all the rest of us will be Canadians.

Let we hope and pray to have you all after the Oath within the first qurder of 2016

Thats my opinion, Should i call my grand ma? ;)

Miriam, i swear you will be Canadian in jan 2016 my word !

Ari

*********************** HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016***********************

friendly1301

Jul 6, 2015
Hi all,

I got my Oath invited letter yesterday.

My time line

20150525 received by cic
20150719 AOR
20150925 IP
20151208 Fingerprints requested
20160128 Test
20160329 Oath

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
friendly1301 said:
Hi all,

My time line

20150525 received by cic
20150719 AOR
20150925 IP
20160128 Test
20160329 Oath
congrats

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!! That's a great news :)

asianflipsurfboi said:
Hey guys i just got my pink letter yesterday for my oath invite, it was faster than expected so i am happy!! Heres my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 15, 2015.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 3, 2015.

4. We sent you a notice on January 11, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2016 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I took my exams and got perfect score but the interview was very long coz i have so many previous travels. And i got RQ on the same day right after my exams. I collected all my supporting documents for RQ and went back on February 2nd,2016.

5.We sent you a notice on March 10, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 30, 2016 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Yeah so everyhing went smoothly(well not really smoothly because of the RQ) but the processing was faster and i am not complaining and now i am just waiting for March 30th for my oath, just right in time a week after my birthday!

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesome. Exciting news. Congrats!!!! :D

figgy said:
My husband is now a Canadian Citizen! He had his Oath/Ceremony yesterday in Scarborough.

His timeline is in my signature.

Scarborough office is chaotic! ceremony start time was 1:00, we finally got started at about 1:45, after a lot of moving around and confusion. They would only let each person line up with ONE GUEST. so my dad had to wait until the very end to see if there were any seats left. He was very lucky and got the last seat. Some people had 3 or 4 guests with them. so keep this in mind if you are in Scarborough. Also they were told at least 5 times DO NOT APPLY FOR PASSPORT UNTIL 48 HRS HAS PASSED. so we will wait until next week.

make sure you bring the pink letter, your PR card and your confirmation of permanent residence card- that was all they asked for. but some people didn't have their PR cards and that seemed to create some problems.

ceremony was nice, very moving! I was very excited for everyone there especially the families with young children. Canada is such a great place to live!

good luck to everyone still waiting, it's worth the wait ;D 8)

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
friendly1301 said:
Hi all,

My time line

20150525 received by cic
20150719 AOR
20150925 IP
20160128 Test
20160329 Oath
wowo congrats. soon to b a canadian, a great feeling Eh? ???

rfirmeza

Jul 8, 2015
Hey asianflipsurfboi,

Can you tell me a little more about your RQ process. Why do you think you weer RQ'ed? Did you receive the request with all seven sections of documents including (residence, family, health, employment, etc?)

Thanks, I got RQ'ed and have no idea what's next?

asianflipsurfboi said:

Sep 4, 2012
rfirmeza said:
Hey asianflipsurfboi,

Can you tell me a little more about your RQ process. Why do you think you weer RQ'ed? Did you receive the request with all seven sections of documents including (residence, family, health, employment, etc?)

Thanks, I got RQ'ed and have no idea what's next?
After my exam i had a quick interview with the citizenship officer and she reviewed my documents especially my passport. I have made a lot of travels during 2012 until I applied for my citizenship but 90% of which were just day trips to the US because of my previous job and shopping. The citizenship officer endorsed me to another officer and we went to a room where she investigated all my passport stamps and reviewed my travels. She told me she was worried that my residency calculation didnt make the 1195 days of stay in canada because of my absences. It took another half hour to review my travel history and she made a photocopy of my passport pages then she gave me the RQ form and told me i have 45 days to fix it or they will consider the application abandoned. So i did not waste time and gathered all my documents and came back a week after. I have given her the RQ form with my pay stubs, bank statements and other documents to prove that i have been legitimately living in canada all the time. It was a quick talk with her and she told me if i wont hear back from her in 2 weeks after i have submitted my documents she told me to just wait for my oath invite. After a month i was surprised that my Ecas changed to DM and 4 days later i got my oath invite. I have been living in canada since 2008 from a work visa to permanent resident. And i am 100% sure that i have met the residency requirement its just that i have made a lot of travels (mostly couple of hours in the states and back to canada). Why did you get RQ what is your case?