+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, all the best wishes. You should be fine. You are about to be a citizen. :)

I am in the same boat....have loads of US travel for work in the past. Without sharing questions, can you give an idea of the kind of questions they asked you? Did you carry any additional documents to support travel?

Thanks and best wishes again..,

jassi_cool1980 said:
i did my test today in mississuga office , past with flying colors ,

interview was however tough asked lot of questions, may be because of lot of travel history. see how it goes now.

Pepper80

Feb 26, 2015
Hi All - Took my oath today at CIC Hamilton!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D The ceremony was great - took about 2 hours altogether. Its an awesome feeling to finally reach the end of this journey. Good luck to all who are in process!!!

victoria2016

Feb 29, 2016
Pepper80 said:
Hi All - Took my oath today at CIC Hamilton!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D The ceremony was great - took about 2 hours altogether. Its an awesome feeling to finally reach the end of this journey. Good luck to all who are in process!!!
Congratulations, Pepper. :)

hotpinktop

Feb 11, 2011
So, I thought I'd share with everyone how my odd ECAS updates are not so odd after all.

Today, I received a registered mail from CIC -- a notice to take my citizenship AND take the oath the day after. It reads:

"... If you pass the citizenship test/ interview, meet all the requirements, and your file is approved, you will receive an invitation to attend a Citizenship ceremony on April 22nd" This is really good news! I had no idea they were doing this. So, I must pass the April 21st test if I want to take the oath on April 22nd.

hotpinktop said:
My eCAS is showing the weirdest thing ever.

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 20, 2015.
    We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 10, 2015.
    We started processing your application on July 23, 2015.
    We sent you a notice on March 9, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 21, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    We sent you a notice on March 11, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 22, 2016 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I mean, I'm all for speedy processing. But this is predictive! :p

ondulator

Jun 10, 2015
Just wrote my test in Scarborough this morning. 19/20.
Interview was very quick and the officer was very nice to me.
They said 2-4 months for the ceremony. I'm hoping it will be a little sooner than that. Does anyone have any experience with the Scarborough office?

Cheers,

B

shahbj

Mar 13, 2016
Hi All,

Here is my Timeline,

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 12, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 10, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 28, 2015.
This is what my eCAS is showing.I check almost every day and no change yet.I live downtown Toronto.Any suggestions when will be Canadian citizen :)

redtag

May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN. 6, 2011
Doc's Request.
MAY 25, 2011
File Transfer...
MAY 11, 2011
Med's Done....
MAR. 30, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
MAY 25, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUG.14.....received AUG. 23
LANDED..........
October 10, 2011
March 2016 applicants for citizenship

HI! Anyone here experienced citizenship application returned? "
Reason(s):

"The passport or travel document(s) provided do not cover the 6 year preceding the date of your application. Please send us a photocopy of the biographical page of any other passport(s) or travel document(s) you have had during the relevant 6 year period."

I only submit the biographical page of my old and new passport... I'm confuse to the statement "do not cover the 6 year preceding date of your application..."

I'm giving self reasoning.. it is because I did not include the copy of all pages of my old passport wherein all travel records stamp?
if so.. do I have to photocopy and include even the blank pages of my passport?

Any response will greatly appreciated. Thank you.

redtag

May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN. 6, 2011
Doc's Request.
MAY 25, 2011
File Transfer...
MAY 11, 2011
Med's Done....
MAR. 30, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
MAY 25, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 10, 2011
Hi! shahbj.. I was submitted my application March 1, 2016 and they send it back to me yesterday March 15, 2016. On my Physical Presence Calculator it said I meet the required # of days required.. I'm so confused!

shahbj

Mar 13, 2016
Hi,

Yes you send all pages of your passports covering six year period with a covering letter.May be sometime they are confused with entry/exit stamps and cannot find out.Resend your application and highlight that the application has already been received and stamped.
Good luck

redtag

May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN. 6, 2011
Doc's Request.
MAY 25, 2011
File Transfer...
MAY 11, 2011
Med's Done....
MAR. 30, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
MAY 25, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 10, 2011
Hi!
That is what I thought so.. because they highlight the date issued of my old passport which is 2010 and my New passport issued last 2015 and will expired on 2020.. I was submitted my application current year 2016.. they maybe confused on the date. Last question...do I have to include the blank pages of my passport? Thank you so much.

shahbj

Mar 13, 2016
Hi ,
The pages should be in continuous sequence.from 1,2,3,4 I mean.If there is one blank and one stamped or has visa you send both.
No need to send when both are blank at the end of passport.
I hope it will work out.
Good luck