Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
russ007 said:
congrats...we had our test on 26th feb, decision made on ecas today.....awaiting the oath letter
Congrats !!!, its really great news that CIC is processing so fast. Probably they have to meet the March 31st deadlines to clear most of the candidates. Hope you get the Oath invitation soon. Cheers !!!

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!, its really great news that CIC is processing so fast. Probably they have to meet the March 31st deadlines to clear most of the candidates. Hope you get the Oath invitation soon. Cheers !!!
Thanks!

Cyncyn

Feb 17, 2016
figgy said:
my husband had his test feb 22 in scarborough and we received his oath letter dated feb 25 just a couple days ago. oath date in scarborough is march 16! good luck to everyone still waiting.
Your husband and I have exactly the same timeline! I am pretty surprised when I received the oath invitation. I am having mine at 1pm.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
nubee said:
Hi folks,

Congrats to the Oath and test invitees :)

I am scheduled for testing in Scarborough on March 16th. Really need inputs from all of you tested at Scarborough...

How is the experience?
What to expect?
Is test on computer or oral/interview?
What all happens on the interview day?
Do we need to carry additional documents, other than listed in the test invite?
Any points you suggest to keep in mind?

Sorry for so many questions. Anxiety is taking over me :).

Thanks everyone,,,
Hi Congrats for your test invitation, relax, you'll be good

The experience was good but I usually suggest people to have their phones or a book with them to kill the time just in case because I spent 3 hours to finish everything that day(just siting there most time) , but I think it depends on the situation. My test was on 9:30 am that day, and after everyone arrived, the officers will start give you a paper and pencil, and one officer will tell you what to do. I finished my test in 10 minutes (I am not sure if that was the reason I waited quite long) so I gave back my paper and waited outside. About 20 minutes later, the officer will call everybody back and started interviewing. I am not sure how they decided who goes first but I was at very end. When I looked at other people's interview, some people took very long, some officers asked quite many questions to some people but some were really quick. My part was quite quick, not sure if the officer was tired or what. I only brought my passport (both old and new) and the invitation letter they sent me (Please keep in mind, everyone is different, so I will suggest to bring everything that you've sent to CIC ). She asked me what major I am taking in university now, and if I went back to my hometown once a year ( according to what she saw on my passport ) and if I have ever been to U.S. Then she told me to expect the oath within 6 months and say good bye to me.

US-PINOY

Oct 7, 2015
Here is my timeline. And by the way mg DM is Jan. 09, 2016.
Good luck to all of you!

Citizenship
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 21, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 14, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on August 18, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on September 28, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 13, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5.We sent you a letter on October 26, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
6.We sent you a notice on March 7, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 22, 2016 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
************************50 %********************************************************************
**********************50 %********************************************************************
************************50 %********************************************************************
**********************50 %********************************************************************

Over 50 percent of our May 2015 tracker/members, are Canadians already

Not bad, Eh ?

asdsd

May 31, 2015
Finally....we are Canadian citizens! Oath done on 11th March...excellent ceremony in a school with kids giving excellent performances and learning about citizenship process and it's significance.

It has been a long journey with a sweet ending! All the best to everyone who is at various stages of the process....

SherifEF

Aug 4, 2014
My status has changed to Decision made. but the detailed status does not show more details about the oath date. Below is my status. Noting that I have done successfully my test 2 months ago. Any one has seen similar case before? why there is no more details as the overall status shows decision made.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 29, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 22, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 15, 2015.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
i did my test today in mississuga office , past with flying colors ,

interview was however tough asked lot of questions, may be because of lot of travel history. see how it goes now.

hotpinktop

Feb 11, 2011
My eCAS is showing the weirdest thing ever.

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 20, 2015.
    We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 10, 2015.
    We started processing your application on July 23, 2015.
    We sent you a notice on March 9, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 21, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    We sent you a notice on March 11, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 22, 2016 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I mean, I'm all for speedy processing. But this is predictive! :p

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
hotpinktop said:
My eCAS is showing the weirdest thing ever.

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 20, 2015.
    We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 10, 2015.
    We started processing your application on July 23, 2015.
    We sent you a notice on March 9, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 21, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    We sent you a notice on March 11, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 22, 2016 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I mean, I'm all for speedy processing. But this is predictive! :p
Strange

hotpinktop

Feb 11, 2011
Oh, I'm sure this is just a glitch. Just funny when I've been waiting for an update for months and *crickets*

THEN I get two line updates in a day! ;D

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much for sharing your journey. Always a mix of ups and downs :). True for all of us.

Congrats on getting thru this. Its almost there for the rest....

Cheers mates!!

AmandaHsu said:
Hi Congrats for your test invitation, relax, you'll be good

The experience was good but I usually suggest people to have their phones or a book with them to kill the time just in case because I spent 3 hours to finish everything that day(just siting there most time) , but I think it depends on the situation. My test was on 9:30 am that day, and after everyone arrived, the officers will start give you a paper and pencil, and one officer will tell you what to do. I finished my test in 10 minutes (I am not sure if that was the reason I waited quite long) so I gave back my paper and waited outside. About 20 minutes later, the officer will call everybody back and started interviewing. I am not sure how they decided who goes first but I was at very end. When I looked at other people's interview, some people took very long, some officers asked quite many questions to some people but some were really quick. My part was quite quick, not sure if the officer was tired or what. I only brought my passport (both old and new) and the invitation letter they sent me (Please keep in mind, everyone is different, so I will suggest to bring everything that you've sent to CIC ). She asked me what major I am taking in university now, and if I went back to my hometown once a year ( according to what she saw on my passport ) and if I have ever been to U.S. Then she told me to expect the oath within 6 months and say good bye to me.