+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snow7977 said:
Was asked to attend test and on the notice it asks to bring "All your original documents that support you citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the application form", anybody knows what I need to bring? Original application form already sent to cic, no idea what to bring except original prc, landing paper, two IDs, passport, notice.
Congrats! You might bring original copies of transcripts and diploma if you submitted them with your application.
this was fast, how's your timeline? when did CIC receive your application and what is your location?

Thanks.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
na123 said:
Ari you are a fortune teller.

I received my AOR by email today around 2.45pm, i am so relieved.

Can somebody please paint me Green.
the invoice is in mail :p

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all those people asking to "be painted" green or blue or whatever other colour...
This is a public spread sheet! Everybody can update their own data!

You don't even need to login or create google docs account or do anything other than opening that spread sheet...

It's not even necessary to manually set colours, all you need to do is to enter a date in the correct cell,
and that row will change its colour automatically.

So if you get an AOR, just enter the date in "AOR Received" column in your row,
and the entire row will change to green. Once your application goes to "In Process",
enter the appropriate date in "In Process (IP)" column in your row, and the whole row will become blue.

And so on, and so forth.

The only thing that is manual is marking applications that have been returned, but hopefully that won't happen too often.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats. Can you please share to us your timeline?

Are you jhoie_kyut on the spreasheet? Just asking :)

Another one got a test invite, jhoie_kyut, and from Vancouver too like the first one, aburana.

Yesterday my bro-in-law texted me and said I have mail from CIC, I was shocked and nervous!!
Then I realized I ordered a hard copy of Discover Canada lol hehehe...

snow7977 said:
Was asked to attend test and on the notice it asks to bring "All your original documents that support you citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the application form", anybody knows what I need to bring? Original application form already sent to cic, no idea what to bring except original prc, landing paper, two IDs, passport, notice.

Yolo123

Jul 28, 2015
Hi everyone, I've been following this post as a silent observer but jumping in now. I'll try to update the spreadsheet if I have the time/access. Anyway, here's my timeline (straight from e-cas):

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 29, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 24, 2015.

I was checking my email every 10-15 minutes for the past couple of days as I expected the AOR in email based on everyone else's comments on this thread. But I never got it and instead, I directly got access to e-cas where my application status now says "received".

So this leads me to my question, does AOR always come in e-mail or does CIC randomly decide to mail the AOR to some applicants? I did provide my email address (unless they missed it in a hurry).

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have a copy of your application? Double check if it's right. If it is then the CIC agent might have mistyped your email address.

From the forums, if you provided your email you'll receive your AoR via email. If you didn't, you'll receive it via mail.

Please add yourself, thanks --- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jDOqiILRSPU01t6UukQ9krCWBvaroaIkOPZcjoENMyw/edit#gid=0

Yolo123 said:
Hi everyone, I've been following this post as a silent observer but jumping in now. I'll try to update the spreadsheet if I have the time/access. Anyway, here's my timeline (straight from e-cas):

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 29, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 24, 2015.

I was checking my email every 10-15 minutes for the past couple of days as I expected the AOR in email based on everyone else's comments on this thread. But I never got it and instead, I directly got access to e-cas where my application status now says "received".

So this leads me to my question, does AOR always come in e-mail or does CIC randomly decide to mail the AOR to some applicants? I did provide my email address (unless they missed it in a hurry).

Yolo123

Jul 28, 2015
Thanks Oren,

Yes, I do have a copy of my application and I did provide my email address. I think at this point, I should call CIC and ask them what happened!

Thanks again for the info.

ondulator

Jun 10, 2015
Hahaha exact thing happened to me yesterday. I got home and saw a package in the mail, got my hopes up only to be crushed by a 60-page Discover Canada booklet =)))

oren said:
Yesterday my bro-in-law texted me and said I have mail from CIC, I was shocked and nervous!!
Then I realized I ordered a hard copy of Discover Canada lol hehehe...

asdsd

May 31, 2015
eCAS activated today with following update:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 3, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 24, 2015.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hahaha!! *crushed* same same!! I guess it's time for us to hit the book!!
ondulator said:
Hahaha exact thing happened to me yesterday. I got home and saw a package in the mail, got my hopes up only to be crushed by a 60-page Discover Canada booklet =)))

Not a problem. Yes call them, that's okay :)
Yolo123 said:
Thanks Oren,

Yes, I do have a copy of my application and I did provide my email address. I think at this point, I should call CIC and ask them what happened!

Thanks again for the info.

Congrats new AoR recipients!! :)

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
thats it folks, we almost all have AOR, now comes the long boring waiting time for test :p
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
FROM NOW ON ALL THE BREAKING NEWS IS ON THE JUNE TRACKER
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

HERE WE ARE LIKE OLD FELLOWS 8)

I called my mom, she told me to be happy, in 50 years from now- she promissed me-I am for sure a canadian citizen :p :p :p

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Folks, this is a copy paste from the march 2015 thread: wowo vancouver moves crazy fast:

Re: March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

I had my test July 9 and today my ecas changed to 'decision made'. That's faster than I thought! Hope an oath invite is coming equally quick.

Application received: March 26, 2015
AOR: April 15, 2015
Started processing: May 8, 2015
Transfer to Vancouver office: May 22, 2015 (line disappeared and never came back)
Interview: July 9, 2015
Ecas to 'Decision made': July 28, 2015
Oath: Huh

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi my fellow soon-to-be-canadians,

just wanted to tell you guys that i'm going to withdraw my citizenship application.
So you can delete my line in the spreadsheet.

Been a pleasure.