+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
na123 said:
Guys, I am starting to get worried, what if my application got returned but I never received it because it was lost in the mail. I mean just last week there was two wrong envelops in my mailbox the same mistake could be done with my envelope. The only thing that is keeping me from going extra worried now is that there is a couple of May 29 applicants left with me who haven't received their AOR yet.

There is already about 15 June applicants who received AOR, hopefully all May applicants will get AOR next week before I start going crazy.
Don't worry, sometimes it takes 1 to 3 months to receive AOR. Sometimes applications are opened quickly and sometimes late.

Did you check your e-cas to see if you can access your application online?

yivet

Jun 26, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Try using your client ID

It is 8 digit number printed at front of PR card in format xxxx-xxxx

If you still can't access it then it means you application has not been opened for processing. Usually it takes 1 to 3 months for CIC to open application for processing. If application is incomplete then it would be returned within 1 to 3 months

Do you remember what wrong email address you have used? If yes, try to create the same one online to see if you can create that one.
Thanks a lot for your help. :)

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aburana said:
Thank you TomTony. I feel very lucky and very surprised when I saw the letter.
It looks like they are picking up the speed.
Good luck to us all!
Congrats Aburana! It is really fast. How did you get the test invite? by email/mail/E-CAS?

Badshah bhai

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
In my earlier post i mentioned that i received the AOR but my son did not got it.
Actual fact:
My son also got the AOR by email same DAY but email mentioned was her mothers as he was minor. and GOT AOR on that email,
so Trouble.
MY Important questions to you guys:
I got the AOR on 24th july submitted 31st may and received by CIC 3rd june. I am planning to go for Europe vacations between 5th september to 20th september.
Seniors please suggest ? is there any possibility of getting the test invite between that Dates, as i am in Surrey, BC which now comes in Vancouver
and one of our may applicant got Test invite?

is this risky because tour cancellation will let me down by 4000 dollars straight. what should i do , need you guys suggestion in taking decision ?
Please suggest ASAP .
Thanks in advance

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
Don't worry, sometimes it takes 1 to 3 months to receive AOR. Sometimes applications are opened quickly and sometimes late.

Did you check your e-cas to see if you can access your application online?
Thanks. I check ecas but nothing there yet. its already 2 month, I guess I have 1 more month to wait.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
na123 said:
Thanks. I check ecas but nothing there yet. its already 2 month, I guess I have 1 more month to wait.
Relax, if you don't get your AOR by wendsday here is my promise. I will send you a fresh shiny green AOR.

aburana

Apr 20, 2012
Thank you Ottawanboy. :)

The letter was sent to me via regular mail. My E-cas did not show any update yet, the latest is still 'we started processing your application...'.

ottawanboy said:
Congrats Aburana! It is really fast. How did you get the test invite? by email/mail/E-CAS?

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can call CIC and let them know you'll be away on vacation. It's posted somewhere in their website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-after.asp

Asking questions about your application

While we process your application, you should only contact CIC if:
* you change your address,
* you plan to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row,
* you are charged with a crime or
* we do not contact you about your file within the posted processing times.

Badshah bhai said:
In my earlier post i mentioned that i received the AOR but my son did not got it.
Actual fact:
My son also got the AOR by email same DAY but email mentioned was her mothers as he was minor. and GOT AOR on that email,
so Trouble.
MY Important questions to you guys:
I got the AOR on 24th july submitted 31st may and received by CIC 3rd june. I am planning to go for Europe vacations between 5th september to 20th september.
Seniors please suggest ? is there any possibility of getting the test invite between that Dates, as i am in Surrey, BC which now comes in Vancouver
and one of our may applicant got Test invite?

is this risky because tour cancellation will let me down by 4000 dollars straight. what should i do , need you guys suggestion in taking decision ?
Please suggest ASAP .
Thanks in advance

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!! That's good news. When did you get the invite and what's the date on it?
It looks like most test invites came from Vancouver, was checking April's spreadsheet.

I see, so I guess sometimes they don't show the office transfer and just go straight to test invite.

aburana said:
Thank you Ottawanboy. :)

The letter was sent to me via regular mail. My E-cas did not show any update yet, the latest is still 'we started processing your application...'.

aburana

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks Oren, yes it is a good news :). It seems that the waiting time for Vancouver applicants after tests (to oath) is long though..

I checked my mailbox on Friday and it was there (July 24), the letter was dated on July 21. Yes I agree with you, sometimes the E-cas may show nothing new but they are actually making progress.

oren said:
Congrats!! That's good news. When did you get the invite and what's the date on it?
It looks like most test invites came from Vancouver, was checking April's spreadsheet.

I see, so I guess sometimes they don't show the office transfer and just go straight to test invite.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Things are looking good so far, eh? Not bad timeline. I think CIC is really picking up speed now.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almost 2 weeks of processing only, nice nice :D
Good luck with your test.

aburana said:
Thanks Oren, yes it is a good news :). It seems that the waiting time for Vancouver applicants after tests (to oath) is long though..

I checked my mailbox on Friday and it was there (July 24), the letter was dated on July 21. Yes I agree with you, sometimes the E-cas may show nothing new but they are actually making progress.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In process already.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 15, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 4, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 23, 2015.