march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
na123 said:
I will be applying with 1097 days of presence as well. I can't risk it because they can start the new law at any day now. I went 3 times only outside if canada in the last 4 years so I know the exact days I even have the electronic plane tickets.

How do you guys order CBSA records and how long do they need to get back to me, maybe it doesn't hurt to see what they have, but then again if lets say on the record it says November 3, and I know for sure that I came back November 2, what difference does it make, because I will still say November 2 on the residency calculator because at least I can prove November 2 with my eticket.
ordering report is easy you go cbsa website and order it from there under privacy act. it is free and they normally respond within one month. if they show different dates for exit and entry, you can always ask them to correct this. it wont really matter in over all scenario of your application, if you have the proof of your in and out. but a citizenship officer may require additional documents to verify facts , which again can delay your processing time. it is always better to be on safe side.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
jassi_cool1980 said:
ordering report is easy you go cbsa website and order it from there under privacy act. it is free and they normally respond within one month. if they show different dates for exit and entry, you can always ask them to correct this. it wont really matter in over all scenario of your application, if you have the proof of your in and out. but a citizenship officer may require additional documents to verify facts , which again can delay your processing time. it is always better to be on safe side.
Thanks a lot for your input, this might sound stupid but can you please post the link for ordering the report, I went to the website and I couldn't find it easily.

Thanks.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
na123 said:
Thanks a lot for your input, this might sound stupid but can you please post the link for ordering the report, I went to the website and I couldn't find it easily.

Thanks.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

use online option .

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
jassi_cool1980 said:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

use online option .
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help. I just ordered them, I hope they didn't make any mistake. They say I should receive them in 30 days just in time for me to send my citizenship application.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassi_cool1980 said:
and can you post date your application like

if you are sending on 20th and put the date as 22th , as it normally takes two three dys to reach it to cic.
I'm not sure about this; it is better to put the date you are signing. If you want to put 22nd, sign on that day and post the application. It is very unlikely that 4/6 years rule kick in on 21st or 22nd.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
na123 said:
I will be applying with 1097 days of presence as well. I can't risk it because they can start the new law at any day now. I went 3 times only outside if canada in the last 4 years so I know the exact days I even have the electronic plane tickets.

How do you guys order CBSA records and how long do they need to get back to me, maybe it doesn't hurt to see what they have, but then again if lets say on the record it says November 3, and I know for sure that I came back November 2, what difference does it make, because I will still say November 2 on the residency calculator because at least I can prove November 2 with my eticket.
Yes, they always let you express yourself and prove you were right,, in the RQ tho...
No offence here but, really dont think it a good idea to challenge them when submitting the application.

CSBA record takes 4 weeks or so to receive the paper mail.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
Munchenxx said:
Yes, they always let you express yourself and prove you were right,, in the RQ tho...
No offence here but, really dont think it a good idea to challenge them when submitting the application.

CSBA record takes 4 weeks or so to receive the paper mail.
I don't mean to challenge them, I am just saying I will put the actual dates that I KNOW I left and came back to Canada even if the CBSA record is showing a day before or after.

Anyway cheer up May applicants our time is coming very soon. When the put out the law in February 2014 I never thought I would be able to apply under the old rules, hopefully in 4 weeks I will be able to apply.

Thanks.

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
Hi,

I hope everyone is ready to apply for Citizenship next month. Please copy & paste below link in your web browser and remove space from http because I was not able to share link that`s why i had come up with work around.

h t t p://goo.gl/yyyG4K

Thanks & Good luck to everyone!

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
few days ago there was a press conference or Q&A session by the immigration minister?? he mentioned that new rule will be implemented by the start of June (summer 2015)...!!! he said its a simple thing. any one apply before June will be in 3 years rule and anyone after may (i.e.: in june) will be in 4 years, so it is somewhat clear from the minister.

here is a link

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1582798678648497

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Hi Guys Need urgent some please in making documentation for my May application:

I am applying on 25th may which leaves me no chance of any error or mistake in the application, and with any documents needed.... so I need some help and advice here please

1) should I send as much as possible documents (like house lease, and CRA assessments or T4)
2) What exactly is required when they ask about children education record? (report cards and/or attendance record etc...?) need clarification plz..!
3) I have a long name as per my passport, so CIC shortened my name on my PR and license etc...! now I need to fix remove some middle name so my full name is there...! is it ok to do so?? coz they said on the form (subject to CIC approval) I am afraid it might take more time or additional questions and proofs etc...!
4) when I send my application to Sydney (on adults) address, how about my kids application? since I am applying for them too, so should I send on the same address or send two different envelopes? coz for minors they have different address...!!!! (so very confusing as if I apply for kids where the kids application would go???

Thanks for your help guys...

Regards

rateb55

Apr 20, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malimm0a75 said:
Hi Guys Need urgent some please in making documentation for my May application:

I am applying on 25th may which leaves me no chance of any error or mistake in the application, and with any documents needed.... so I need some help and advice here please

1) should I send as much as possible documents (like house lease, and CRA assessments or T4)
2) What exactly is required when they ask about children education record? (report cards and/or attendance record etc...?) need clarification plz..!
3) I have a long name as per my passport, so CIC shortened my name on my PR and license etc...! now I need to fix remove some middle name so my full name is there...! is it ok to do so?? coz they said on the form (subject to CIC approval) I am afraid it might take more time or additional questions and proofs etc...!
4) when I send my application to Sydney (on adults) address, how about my kids application? since I am applying for them too, so should I send on the same address or send two different envelopes? coz for minors they have different address...!!!! (so very confusing as if I apply for kids where the kids application would go???

Thanks for your help guys...

Regards

+1

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am filling up my application and on the check list box 6 "Photocopies of education records for you (if applicable) and for all minor children under the age or 18 in the four (4) years before the date of application (if applicable)"

I have a Question : I am applying for myself(Single application)and I have two daughters One is 2YRS & 4Month old, So do I have to submit any of their document to prove my application?

Thanks
Furqi

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
fsidki said:
Hi Everyone,

I am filling up my application and on the check list box 6 "Photocopies of education records for you (if applicable) and for all minor children under the age or 18 in the four (4) years before the date of application (if applicable)"

I have a Question : I am applying for myself(Single application)and I have two daughters One is 2YRS & 4Month old, So do I have to submit any of their document to prove my application?

Thanks
Furqi
Yes , I have the same thing going on

yayay523

Apr 26, 2015
sokratos said:
The CIC instruction guide is quite clear on that subject:

Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:
. A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad. or
. A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.
What is the different between " completion of a program" and "graduation from a program" ?? Looks like "Certificate" is only counted when "graduation from the program". I got a accounting certificate after completion of 10 courses, will it be recognized as the language proof?

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
MAY 2015 applicants are somewhat quiet...???? whereas the adrenaline should be high and pumping...!!!!

those who have found something extra in the forms to fill, any documentation , any certain questions or any generic info please share...!! at this point the excitement, fear and anxiety is way too much to think something clear and without talking to someone I feel one can make a mistake which will cost people a YEAR more in Limbo...! a fresh set of eyes and fresh brain would do a good help...!!!!

like I have a question:

Do we sign the form and calculator with black pen or blue pen? ( I heard they want it in Black pen)))

what could be the case when some people are asking CBSA to give them their entry/exit record where as in the form it is clearly said "Please do not contact CBSA to request your history of entries..??"

cheers