Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
ahm2299 said:
Do whatever suits you my friend
it is not what suits me , even i wanna be absolutely sure before applying . thts why i am putting out my point of view

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
jassi_cool1980 said:
it is not what suits me , even i wanna be absolutely sure before applying . thts why i am putting out my point of view
Read section 10
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E5
I think the idea is to sign one day after you become eligible to ensure that day has passed in order to be counted towards your physical presence in Canada

sokratos

Apr 3, 2015
I agree with Ahm, the section 10 clearly indicates that the application should be signed the day after you become eligible in order to fully meet the physical presence requirement. The risk is to see your application returned and you might have to wait another year if the 4 to 6 provisions applied by then. Too much troubles for waiting only one day more...Again it's a matter of interpretation so you could take your chance and send your application on 12th.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
sokratos said:
I agree with Ahm, the section 10 clearly indicates that the application should be signed the day after you become eligible in order to fully meet the physical presence requirement. The risk is to see your application returned and you might have to wait another year if the 4 to 6 provisions applied by then. Too much troubles for waiting only one day more...Again it's a matter of interpretation so you could take your chance and send your application on 12th.
Note: You must be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form.

read it now in two lines.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
jassi_cool1980 said:
Note: You must be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form.

read it now in two lines.
You just argue for sake of arguing. It is clear and I'm sure you won't be applying on the same day. Let's make the discussion more productive my friend

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
ahm2299 said:
You just argue for sake of arguing. It is clear and I'm sure you won't be applying on the same day. Let's make the discussion more productive my friend
nope not for that,

because if you have print out of resident calculator print out , it says

application date :
physical presence (days) : 1095

and on top of that sheet it says "according to the information you provided , you meet the residence requirement"
thts wht making me confused. because i have already prepared my application . filled it out and everything.
all i have to attach is resident calculator sheet and fee receipt. and i wanna attach those the day i dispatch

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
and can you post date your application like

if you are sending on 20th and put the date as 22th , as it normally takes two three dys to reach it to cic.

sokratos

Apr 3, 2015
malimm0a75 said:
Folks, can anyone tell what is the significance of RQ? And why everyone is so scared of receiving it? Is it a bad thing to get from Cic? Any particular reasons why anyone should expect it? And what does RQ contains in terms of questions??? I believe someone who is doubtful mAy get this?? I got my PR. Ard renewed last week, and am applying in 25may, so I believe CIC already scrutinized my details and stuff....?

Any ideas and advices feedbacks...will be appreciated
You have several posts on this forum about RQ. you should look at the following website : http: residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com

"can anyone tell what is the significance of RQ?"
residence questionnaire

"And why everyone is so scared of receiving it?"
Because it will delay your citizenship application from 3 months to 2 years depending on how your file is complicated

"Is it a bad thing to get from Cic?"
Not necessarily, it means that CIC wants you to submit document proving that you lived in Canada during the last four years before you submit your application.

"Any particular reasons why anyone should expect it?"
There are many risk indicators according to CIC. you should check the link : https: residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/rq-risk-indicators/

"And what does RQ contains in terms of questions???"
Different kind of questions but mosly asking you to provide documents that will clearly show that you were living in Canada during the period that you claimed

"I believe someone who is doubtful mAy get this??"
Not necessarily, it could also mean that your application was not clear enough for the CIC agent to determine whether you've met the requirements. Otherwise it could also mean that the CIC agent has some doubts that he wants to clarify by asking you more documents.

"I got my PR. Ard renewed last week, and am applying in 25may, so I believe CIC already scrutinized my details and stuff....? "
The PR card renewal is less scrutinized that citizenship applications although if you got your card renewed it means that a CIC agent though that you've met the requirement.

sokratos

Apr 3, 2015
jassi_cool1980 said:
nope not for that,

because if you have print out of resident calculator print out , it says

application date :
physical presence (days) : 1095

and on top of that sheet it says "according to the information you provided , you meet the residence requirement"
thts wht making me confused. because i have already prepared my application . filled it out and everything.
all i have to attach is resident calculator sheet and fee receipt. and i wanna attach those the day i dispatch
It's almost like buying your monthly transport card. You can still use it on the 30th but you will have to buy a new one on the 1st. your 1095 days will be completed the day after which means on your 1096 days of presence. The resident calculator only gives you the date when you reach the 1095 days and in your your case is 12th. But if you apply on 12th, officially the day is not over yet and a picky CIC agent might return your application.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
sokratos said:
It's almost like buying your monthly transport card. You can still use it on the 30th but you will have to buy a new one on the 1st. your 1095 days will be completed the day after which means on your 1096 days of presence. The resident calculator only gives you the date when you reach the 1095 days and in your your case is 12th. But if you apply on 12th, officially the day is not over yet and a picky CIC agent might return your application.
This is from FAQ on residence calculator section

Q19: Why is it important that the application date used in the calculation and the date of signature on the application form and the calculation printout be the same?

A19: This is important so that there is no confusion on your application date because your eligibility for citizenship is based on that date. If there is confusion, there could be delays in processing your application while we try to clarify the situation, especially if one of the dates makes you ineligible for citizenship. If the confusion cannot be resolved, the information appearing in your application form will be taken as the correct information and used to determine eligibility.

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Hi there Follks,

I am applying my Citizenship application on 25 May 2015.....! and I am in the middle of collecting/preparing all the documents and forms...! other than required docs on the checklist, I need to ask if I can send some additional which may be helpful in determining my eligibility and legality/clearance etc...

I need to ask if we are required to submit the following:

1) 3 years TAX assessments from CRA? or T4 Slips? ([[ some one on this forum says he sent T4 slips.... )

2) Letter from Current Employer (to whom it may concern....)

3) I have CELPIP (Language Test) done in Feb 2015, but I have also IELTS result, done in 2006? Should I send 2006 IELTS or only CELPIP results are ok?? would it help or one proof of English is enough..?

4) I have NEXUS card (for travel to US and Back in Canada) it has my Photo and date of birth.. so should I also send NEXUS card for photo ID along with my drivers license and PR card...? (btw: NEXUS card lets u have your security clearance checked from FBI, CSIS, NSA, RCMP, CBSA, US Borders and local police here in calgary... so it is good that my security clearance will not take much time - :-X I hope soo...)

Besides, I have received my renewed PR card 2 weeks ago....it took CIC 2 days to print card and send me, once they started processing... I guess something goes fast and some things dead slow...!!!

would appreciate any views and guidance...!

Regards

boshetunmai

Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31.10.2011 (Sponsor approved)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
malimm0a75 said:
I need to ask if we are required to submit the following:

1) 3 years TAX assessments from CRA? or T4 Slips? ([[ some one on this forum says he sent T4 slips.... )

2) Letter from Current Employer (to whom it may concern....)

3) I have CELPIP (Language Test) done in Feb 2015, but I have also IELTS result, done in 2006? Should I send 2006 IELTS or only CELPIP results are ok?? would it help or one proof of English is enough..?

4) I have NEXUS card (for travel to US and Back in Canada) it has my Photo and date of birth.. so should I also send NEXUS card for photo ID along with my drivers license and PR card...? (btw: NEXUS card lets u have your security clearance checked from FBI, CSIS, NSA, RCMP, CBSA, US Borders and local police here in calgary... so it is good that my security clearance will not take much time - :-X I hope soo...)
Short answer is, that you are not required to submit anything beyond what is specified in the application guide.
Some people do send additional supporting documents as they feel it will help prove their residency, speed up their application, and/or avoid an RQ. However, others have submitted extra documents with their initial application only to have them requested again in an RQ later on - thus doubling their work. My advice is not to send anything that is not requested in the guide - such as items 1) and 2) above. However, keep all documents in case they are requested in the future.

3) I would think the recent CELPIP test results are sufficient (and also more relevant than the 2006 IELTS results).

4) I would double check with CIC whether the NEXUS card would be an acceptable piece of ID. It does say "passport/travel document" in the guide so it might be OK. I don't think including the card would expedite your security clearance though, as CIC would probably run all their usual checks anyway.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
hang in there May applicants only 3-6 and most of us will be able to apply. Don't do any mistake and double check your application and good luck.

If anyone has tips and things to be careful about then please keep sharing them.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
I think signing and dating the application form are the most important things. Please make sure that the dates on the application form, online calculator and the online calculator printout to be the same.

WindsorFeb15Aspirant

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassi_cool1980 said:
and can you post date your application like

if you are sending on 20th and put the date as 22th , as it normally takes two three dys to reach it to cic.
Jassi_Cool - A big NO! CIC will not accept post dated application and will return your application. They will verify the date you mailed the application and the date you signed. Better not do that mistake at this point of time while you are anticipating the new law to be implemented anytime!