march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
WindsorFeb15Aspirant said:
Jassi_Cool - A big NO! CIC will not accept post dated application and will return your application. They will verify the date you mailed the application and the date you signed. Better not do that mistake at this point of time while you are anticipating the new law to be implemented anytime!
yeah got you

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is an option for much more reliable source of information for the people really interested about the real cut off date and month if its known and intentionally kept away from public.

I'm copy pasting a segment from dpenabill post.

...for whom the date is important, should write a brief request to their Member of Parliament:

This should be a request that the MP either:

-- advise them when (more specifically than "in approximately a year") the government will in fact make the revised provisions in the SCCA in force, or

-- if the MP will ask the government, during the Parliament's Question & Answer Period, why it has not made the coming-into-force date public given the impact it will have on many thousands of PRs who are just now becoming eligible for a grant of citizenship

Including, in the request to the MP, a succinct statement about why the coming-into-force date is personally important might be a good idea. Keep it brief. Do not entangle this request with advocacy for changing the law (such as, for example, to give credit for time in Canada on a work permit).

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Very much agree/... better late than sorry...! there is no 2nd chances for the May 2015 applicants as once if returned, you will (more or less) falls in the new law if it gets applied during that... and that's it then for you mate...!!!

am applying in MAY 27th God Willing, and then rest will be the history....!!!

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
malimm0a75 said:
Very much agree/... better late than sorry...! there is no 2nd chances for the May 2015 applicants as once if returned, you will (more or less) falls in the new law if it gets applied during that... and that's it then for you mate...!!!

am applying in MAY 27th God Willing, and then rest will be the history....!!!
I'll be applying on the SAME day with 1097 days of physical presence. I will send my application with purolator because apparently they can have next day delivery.

Waskywaja

Mar 11, 2015
Hi Guys!
I will be applying in May 27th. My question is: Do I still need to write IELTS exam? I have Diploma in accounting from a Canadian College completed Last April. I read some people added IELTS results also after obtaining a degre or diploma from Canadian university? Pls help! So I can make an informed decision urgently!

sokratos

Apr 3, 2015
Waskywaja said:
Hi Guys!
I will be applying in May 27th. My question is: Do I still need to write IELTS exam? I have Diploma in accounting from a Canadian College completed Last April. I read some people added IELTS results also after obtaining a degre or diploma from Canadian university? Pls help! So I can make an informed decision urgently!
The CIC instruction guide is quite clear on that subject:

Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:
. A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad. or
. A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.

If you have a secondary or post-secondary diploma and between 18-54 years old then you do not need to include IELTS.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone.

I will submit my package on May 08,2015 from Montreal. Great to see you guys here.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
Munchenxx said:
Hello Everyone.

I will submit my package on May 08,2015 from Montreal. Great to see you guys here.
With How Many days of physical presence r u applying for ?

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassi_cool1980 said:
With How Many days of physical presence r u applying for ?
1097. not sure if 2 extra days would be sufficient tho.
I am quite sure about my calculation.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
Munchenxx said:
1097. not sure if 2 extra days would be sufficient tho.
I am quite sure about my calculation.
Yeah I am applying with 1097 as well , but then there is a high chance of rq Before test. But with rule changing I am willing to take that chance . Otherwise I have to wait another year

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassi_cool1980 said:
Yeah I am applying with 1097 as well , but then there is a high chance of rq Before test. But with rule changing I am willing to take that chance . Otherwise I have to wait another year
I will reach 1095 on May 06. I dont mind to send out on May 14 to give a WEEK's buffer.
There are many guys who sent out package on 1096th day and obtained citizenship smoothly without any RQ tho.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
Munchenxx said:
I will reach 1095 on May 06. I dont mind to send out on May 14 to give a WEEK's buffer.
There are many guys who sent out package on 1096th day and obtained citizenship smoothly without any RQ tho.
yeah but individual circumstance differ though. but like i said i know my in & out dates from country precisely, and they can be verified from stamps on the passport. so i gonna go ahead and file the application on 1097 day. and hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassi_cool1980 said:
yeah but individual circumstance differ though. but like i said i know my in & out dates from country precisely, and they can be verified from stamps on the passport. so i gonna go ahead and file the application on 1097 day. and hopefully everything goes smoothly.
Best wishes to you and myself!:)

PS: a bad news we eed to consider is, some guys in this forum encountered situations where their CBSA record date would be one day later than the time stamp in their passport. Say, stamp is Apr 20 but CBSA shows Apr 21...

This country has a natural talent to drve people crazy...

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
Munchenxx said:
Best wishes to you and myself!:)

PS: a bad news we eed to consider is, some guys in this forum encountered situations where their CBSA record date would be one day later than the time stamp in their passport. Say, stamp is Apr 20 but CBSA shows Apr 21...

This country has a natural talent to drve people crazy...
i actually ordered my cbsa report , so that if there are any thing wrong on the report , i be left with time to correct. really dont want them to send my application back

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
I will be applying with 1097 days of presence as well. I can't risk it because they can start the new law at any day now. I went 3 times only outside if canada in the last 4 years so I know the exact days I even have the electronic plane tickets.

How do you guys order CBSA records and how long do they need to get back to me, maybe it doesn't hurt to see what they have, but then again if lets say on the record it says November 3, and I know for sure that I came back November 2, what difference does it make, because I will still say November 2 on the residency calculator because at least I can prove November 2 with my eticket.