+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

star22

Jan 22, 2014
Hi,

I have a question , would you please tell me what was the note asking you to get ready for the exam, I belive I got the same
but no indication when the test date will be. thanks

rajimmigration

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Dear members,

URGENT

i got my PR, 3 years back, and since then i am in Canada only...nw i want to apply for citizenship. my queries are:-

1. can after apply i can visit to my home country INDIA
2. or shuld i wait till i get my citizenship.
3. but its quite urgent to visit INDIA.

can u pls guide...
thanks in advance....

borgaonk

Aug 22, 2013
1. can after apply i can visit to my home country INDIA {Yes, you can visit your home country while application is in-process.}
2. or shuld i wait till i get my citizenship. {Not necessary}
3. but its quite urgent to visit INDIA. {same as #1, I am assuming this is short visit like a month or so..}

jsamiraziz

Aug 20, 2013
farrous13 said:
My birth certificate shows my middle name. I am from the middle east too ;D
But all my other documents show just my First and Last name.
What's your local office BTW. Is the letter from Sydney or the local office?
Letter is from Sydney. Do not know my local office yet.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sure kenyadian, will do in next update.

kenyadian said:
Chandu, do you mind putting up some indicator besides the folks who have gotten RQ'd? maybe an asterisk ***. Just an idea to help us track!

Cheers,

Kenyadian!

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks boubou and welcome to the thread.

boubou said:
Hi There,

I'm new to this forum:

Application Received: May 16, 2013
AOR: May 16, 2013 got it July 25, 2013
Started Processing: July 25, 2013
RQ received Aug 13, 2013 from Scarborough office
RQ response sent to Scarborough office on 26 Sept 2013 as I was on vacation when received.

firefly16

Dec 19, 2013
Hi,

We finally gave our test today and passed. We could have got our date for the oath ceremony, if not for another issue. As an honest person, we made a note of all the trips we had made state-side. However, there are no exit and entry stamps on the passport for the same. It is surprising to see that CICI made us appear for the test, when they didn't even bother to check to see when we came and went. Also they should know by now, that neither US nor Canadian side stamps your passport when u enter or exit by land. Here we are telling them honestly, and they still don't believe us and want to see the stamps.

The officer has asked us to get the information from the US border. And just to be on the safe side I want to get it from both US and Canadian border.

Does anyone know the way to go about it? I do know a few people did get RQ. Can u please suggest the fastest way to get the information about our trips?

Thanks

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
firefly16 said:
Hi,

We finally gave our test today and passed. We could have got our date for the oath ceremony, if not for another issue. As an honest person, we made a note of all the trips we had made state-side. However, there are no exit and entry stamps on the passport for the same. It is surprising to see that CICI made us appear for the test, when they didn't even bother to check to see when we came and went. Also they should know by now, that neither US nor Canadian side stamps your passport when u enter or exit by land. Here we are telling them honestly, and they still don't believe us and want to see the stamps.

The officer has asked us to get the information from the US border. And just to be on the safe side I want to get it from both US and Canadian border.

Does anyone know the way to go about it? I do know a few people did get RQ. Can u please suggest the fastest way to get the information about our trips?

Thanks
Did they give you an RQ ? Your story is not very clear, if you want us to help you, try to be more specific.

What happened ? You passed your test and at the interview, the officer looked at your passport and didn't see the stamps and then asked you to provide him with a document from the USA ? Did he give you a letter ? anything ?

You can ask for your movement reports from the Canadian border agency ( they will have all ( or most of ) your entries to Canada), as for the USA, you can ask for the document using the Freedom of Information Act , https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/ , however, chances are that you won't get anything in a timely manner from the USA...

But suppose you get these documents, what are you going to do with them ?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
firefly16 said:
Hi,

Thanks
firefly, congrats on passing the test. But like ramsfe said, give us a clearer picture.

PR42LONG

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my test! It was easy! I didn't ask if I passed but I bet if I didn't they would have informed me.
I was a bit worried after the officer pointed out it made a typo on the dates of one of my vacations. Apparently, they have to recalculate the days. I asked if I have to resend my application or if this will cause delays and I was told NO. It is not a bigger deal. I was only out of the country for less than 3 months in 4 years. Over all, it was a great convo with the interviewer and I was told I will be contacted in 2 to 4 months with an Oath date.

2-4 months for Oath is long but I am grateful and proud that I am almost there

firefly16

Dec 19, 2013
I did not get RQ. Since the officer could not see the stamps on my passport, she gave us a letter asking for the entry and exit stamps. She said the moment we submit the same, they will issue us an oath ceremony date.

I am wondering, if US is unable to give us the information, then what happens? Does our file lie in limbo? If Canada and US don't have the process down to an art of stamping entry and exit, why are we made to suffer. I am really stumped. Anyway, am trying my best. Fingers crossed. if anyone else has been in this situation please do let us know

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR42LONG said:
I did my test! It was easy! I didn't ask if I passed but I bet if I didn't they would have informed me.
I was a bit worried after the officer pointed out it made a typo on the dates of one of my vacations. Apparently, they have to recalculate the days. I asked if I have to resend my application or if this will cause delays and I was told NO. It is not a bigger deal. I was only out of the country for less than 3 months in 4 years. Over all, it was a great convo with the interviewer and I was told I will be contacted in 2 to 4 months with an Oath date.

2-4 months for Oath is long but I am grateful and proud that I am almost there
Congrats! Where did you do your test and what kind of questions did the officer ask? Also what documents did they want to see or was it only passport?

PR42LONG

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
Congrats! Where did you do your test and what kind of questions did the officer ask? Also what documents did they want to see or was it only passport?
Thanks. The officer asked where I worked and I also offered to showed my employee card :) they will need all your passports used in the last 4 years to date, 2 pieces of ID ( pr card, drivers licences, health card), your pr card and photo copies of your passport bio pages.
They asked regular questions like ' have you had any issues with the law'. I didn't get interrogated but I was kinda scared with the date error I made but the agent calmed my worries.
That was it.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
firefly16 said:
I did not get RQ. Since the officer could not see the stamps on my passport, she gave us a letter asking for the entry and exit stamps. She said the moment we submit the same, they will issue us an oath ceremony date.

I am wondering, if US is unable to give us the information, then what happens? Does our file lie in limbo? If Canada and US don't have the process down to an art of stamping entry and exit, why are we made to suffer. I am really stumped. Anyway, am trying my best. Fingers crossed. if anyone else has been in this situation please do let us know
I travel quite often to the states by car. And my passport always gets stamped. I am not sure of it's related to the country of origin. Today I will check my passport again and verify the dates.

Firefly, was the letter ready before she handed it to you. Or did the cj had to go and form one? Did it have your name and such?

firefly16

Dec 19, 2013
No. the letter was not ready beforehand. She took a print out and then wrote our names by hand. It is " Request for Document Evidence of Your Residence in Canada" form, but the only thing she has ticked off is entry and exit to the US for the past 4 years. She said we will get it from the US Consulate. But when I researched the same, it says I can get it through FOIA.

Once again would like to ask if anyone has been able to get the said information (entry and exit) from the US using this means. Or am I to go to the consulate? Any idea?