+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

milusavtya

Oct 18, 2013
chandu007 said:
Look at your PR card for the client ID. 8 digit number in the form of xxxx-xxxx. You can find the CIC contact info at the CIC website, cic.gc.ca.
i have not yet received pr card

application received at cic in july first week for 1112

no news till now

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyRider said:
Now CIC can claim this case is non-routine and apply 35-month timeline to it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

What is a non-routine application?

An application is considered non-routine if any one of the following has occurred:

you are asked to provide a residence questionnaire, documents proving residence in Canada, fingerprints, or any other additional documents;
we have not received all the necessary documents or the correct fees;
it is unclear whether you meet the residence requirements;
it is unclear whether you are subject to any immigration, security or criminal prohibitions;
you do not meet the language requirements for citizenship;
you fail or are unable to write the knowledge-of-Canada test (citizenship test); and
you require a hearing with a citizenship judge.
I don't think the application is considered non-routine. Initially, I submitted my application Feb 2013 excluding passpart biography. The CIC returned back the application and resubmitted in April but considered recieved in May 2013.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this thread and have one question

I applied for my citizenship a month ago and awaiting my file number. I also have on hand my record of movement (Entry and Exit) from my home country and am expecting my CBSA report to be sent to me sometime later on this month. I also have my T4's and notice of assessments. Do you think it would be useful to send those documents to CIC once I receive a file number or would this trigger questions? would the officer wonder why I am sending out those documents since they are not requested and thus give me a RQ?

Has any of you guys done this before? I am pretty confused ::) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My advise: Don't send any further document unless CIC asks for it. Have everything ready on hand in case you get RQ. At that point, submit a much document as you want.

mrbravo said:
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this thread and have one question

I applied for my citizenship a month ago and awaiting my file number. I also have on hand my record of movement (Entry and Exit) from my home country and am expecting my CBSA report to be sent to me sometime later on this month. I also have my T4's and notice of assessments. Do you think it would be useful to send those documents to CIC once I receive a file number or would this trigger questions? would the officer wonder why I am sending out those documents since they are not requested and thus give me a RQ?

Has any of you guys done this before? I am pretty confused ::) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When did you become a PR?

milusavtya said:
i have not yet received pr card

application received at cic in july first week for 1112

no news till now

PR42LONG

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone!!! Blessings and best wishes to all of you.

I called CIC and was informed that my application is currently in the St Clair office as of October 24th.

Apparently, it was originally sent to the Scarborough office and transferred to St Clair.

I hope all is well.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR42long thanks for sharing the update.

I am in process of submitting my RQ this week, hope things will move fast for rest of MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship.

randy

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think we May applicants should start expecting test date from December 2013. This is based on my calculations:

3months - Acknowledgment(May - July)
6-7months -Test Date

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Woodex said:
I think we May applicants should start expecting test date from December 2013. This is based on my calculations:

6-7months -Test Date
Fingers crossed. :)

PR42LONG

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woodex said:

6-7months -Test Date
:D this would be the BEST gift for the New Year!

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woodex said:

6-7months -Test Date
Well, according to CIC site, processing time is 23 months+. So, how can we get test-dates in less than a year?!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's actually 25 months :p (routine applications). Ya most of the applicants are getting either an RQ or a test date within a year. That's the pattern for now. 8)

Any updates May applicants?

By the way as per CIC website: "The table below shows the processing time from receipt of application to final decision for 80% of cases processed between October 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012"

When should we expect the processing time from Oct. 1, 2012 to Sep. 30, 2013? End of 2014? Beginning of 2015? Any idea?

Chrysss said:
Well, according to CIC site, processing time is 23 months+. So, how can we get test-dates in less than a year?!

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
It's actually 25 months :p (routine applications). Ya most of the applicants are getting either an RQ or a test date within a year. That's the pattern for now. 8)

Any updates May applicants?

By the way as per CIC website: "The table below shows the processing time from receipt of application to final decision for 80% of cases processed between October 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012"

When should we expect the processing time from Oct. 1, 2012 to Sep. 30, 2013? End of 2014? Beginning of 2015? Any idea?
Yeah, based on CIC website, I'd imagine that May 2013 applicants won't be getting test-date for more than a year. Once you take your test, the oath ceremony doesn't take that long. So, how can people get test dates in less than 1 year if CIC says processing time is 25 months?

I read in this forum that somebody from Windsor got citizenship very quickly but that may be an exception. Ordinarily, we should not expect anything for 1+ year.

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Chrysss said:
Yeah, based on CIC website, I'd imagine that May 2013 applicants won't be getting test-date for more than a year. Once you take your test, the oath ceremony doesn't take that long. So, how can people get test dates in less than 1 year if CIC says processing time is 25 months?

I read in this forum that somebody from Windsor got citizenship very quickly but that may be an exception. Ordinarily, we should not expect anything for 1+ year.
25 months is how long it takes to finalise 80% of the cases. Obviously, for some people it takes less. CIC website does not say how long it takes to finalise the first (speediest) 10%, 20%, 30% and so on. In other words, we are just given a snapshot around one specific number without seeing the overall distribution.