+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2012 Applicants

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
saini84 said:
They ask FBI checks for some people who had lived in United states.......this doesnt applies to anyone (may be due to my common name)........ I lived approx five months there....and hence, received the request.

Regarding my PR, I think I may get it by November ........

And regarding processing the application, I do not know the criteria how they take it......same applies for WP etc......I have seen FOUR May 2012 applicants who received their PR in March this year......They had same NOC and experience and conditions like me .........the only difference was ...their files moved to CPP- Ottawa in July......
Mine moved in November (from GCMS notes)..........

This made a difference and this strike has complicated things...........
One should produce a police certificate or FBI certificate of another country if lived in that country for over 6 months. Confused once again! :)

Though I don't trust MP assistant, he told me that my file was moved to Ottawa in July 2012. Requested GCMS notes shall confirm it, if it's true at all!! They haven't asked for any document or communicated. Sketchy business.

Ottawa is not affected by strike as suggested by the ministers. Majority of the staff take vacation during summer holidays. Again read somewhere.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
saini84 said:
They ask FBI checks for some people who had lived in United states.......this doesnt applies to anyone (may be due to my common name)........ I lived approx five months there....and hence, received the request.

Regarding my PR, I think I may get it by November ........

And regarding processing the application, I do not know the criteria how they take it......same applies for WP etc......I have seen FOUR May 2012 applicants who received their PR in March this year......They had same NOC and experience and conditions like me .........the only difference was ...their files moved to CPP- Ottawa in July......
Mine moved in November (from GCMS notes)..........

This made a difference and this strike has complicated things...........
Saini, You must be an expert by now!

So NOC does play a big role in arranged employment?
What could be the reason for delay in my case? :)

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
BY TOBI COHEN, POSTMEDIA NEWS AUGUST 28, 2013
OTTAWA — The federal government remains confident that the majority of so-called “forgotten” Buffalo immigration applications will be completed by the end of the season as promised even though new figures suggest nearly 40 per cent of the files have yet to be processed.

With just a month to go before summer draws to an end, 3,568 applications remain in the queue, according to the figures obtained by Postmedia News and considered up-to-date as of Aug. 20.

“Most of the files that were transferred from Buffalo to the Ottawa processing office will be completed by the end of summer 2013,” Citizenship and Immigration spokeswoman Sonia Lesage said in an email.

“For the majority of immigration streams, new applications submitted to Ottawa are being processed more quickly than they were during the same time last year in Buffalo.”

Lesage suggested the ongoing strike by foreign service workers will not impact the processing of the remaining Buffalo files. Several foreign visa offices were shut down as a result of the strike and the central processing centre has had to take on some of the burden as a result.

Some 9,417 files, many of them recent university graduates with in-demand skills, were transferred to Ottawa when the government closed the upstate New York visa office in May 2012 after announcing foreign students and workers living in Canada would no longer have to leave the country to renew a visa or apply for permanent residency.

Citizenship and Immigration, however, came under fire in December after antsy applicants — a number of whom had already waited as long as two years for their papers while watching others who applied later get their permanent residency before them — started to complain about delays.

The NDP accused overworked and understaffed citizenship officers of simply forgetting about the boxes of Buffalo files sitting in the corner after the move as many of the applicants hadn't even received a file number much less been assigned a case worker which meant their applications were still in the very early stages of processing.

The government acknowledged delays of around 15 months at the time and promised the Buffalo files would be completed by the end of summer 2013.

According to the figures released by Citizenship and Immigration, 4,982 Buffalo files have so far been approved, 483 were refused and 384 were withdrawn.

The bulk of files, including the majority of pending files, involve skilled worker and provincial applicants.

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
Jayson said:
Saini, You must be an expert by now!

So NOC does play a big role in arranged employment?
What could be the reason for delay in my case? :)
I am not the expert dude......it is just the observation in many Immigration cases, WP cases for my spouse etc ....

I do not think that NOC does make any difference. However, Arranged Employment and LMO cases may make some difference........
One guy had arranged employment from a company and another guy worked for the company first and then the same company filed LMO for it. The latter may have the faster processing time .........One of the consultants told me but I have not seen this case so far.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
saini84 said:
I am not the expert dude......it is just the observation in many Immigration cases, WP cases for my spouse etc ....

I do not think that NOC does make any difference. However, Arranged Employment and LMO cases may make some difference........
One guy had arranged employment from a company and another guy worked for the company first and then the same company filed LMO for it. The latter may have the faster processing time .........One of the consultants told me but I have not seen this case so far.
Thank you for your input Saini84.
Hope you get your PR by November as per your calculations.

tkRPR

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My GCMS received

No progress yet.
Same status all are pending nothing started now.

FSW2 application filed on May 30 2-13 and last update is 2012/06/27 with RPRF: Outstanding.
I attached LMO and Arranged employment details.

I just Hope from Saini and then see how far mine will go now

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
tkRPR said:
My GCMS received

No progress yet.
Same status all are pending nothing started now.

FSW2 application filed on May 30 2-13 and last update is 2012/06/27 with RPRF: Outstanding.
I attached LMO and Arranged employment details.

I just Hope from Saini and then see how far mine will go now
When did you apply for GCMS notes Tkrpr?

When did you attach LMO and arranged employment details?? Did they ask for it?
How much did you score under FSW category?

Saini84 is an experienced and great guy. Any information from him is respected.

tkRPR

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jayson said:
When did you apply for GCMS notes Tkrpr?

When did you attach LMO and arranged employment details?? Did they ask for it?
How much did you score under FSW category?

Saini84 is an experienced and great guy. Any information from him is respected.
I requested GCMS online on 13th August 2013.

Since i came to Canada with WP through LMO.
I had all the documents that were sent along with my PR application which includes LMO details too.
As i said my application received on 30 May 2012 and on 28 June 2012 got email that my application moved to Ottawa from Sydney.
Yes, i am waiting now to see if any movement

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
tkRPR said:
I requested GCMS online on 13th August 2013.

Since i came to Canada with WP through LMO.
I had all the documents that were sent along with my PR application which includes LMO details too.
As i said my application received on 30 May 2012 and on 28 June 2012 got email that my application moved to Ottawa from Sydney.
Yes, i am waiting now to see if any movement
I requested GCMS around the same time and haven't received anything. :)

Hope you get a positive answer from them soon.

tkRPR

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jayson said:
I requested GCMS around the same time and haven't received anything. :)

Hope you get a positive answer from them soon.
Sorry i requested 1 Aug 2013 but they picked on 13 August 2013.
So it's one month to get the GCMS results

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
tkRPR said:
Great!
Thank you for the info.

Keep your chin up mate.

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
tkRPR said:
Usually, the notes come in the email in 3 weeks. Check when your file was transferred in "File Transfer".

Jayson,
They asked me not to include FBI results now :)

I will keep you updated with the proceedings...

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
saini84 said:
Usually, the notes come in the email in 3 weeks. Check when your file was transferred in "File Transfer".

Jayson,
They asked me not to include FBI results now :)

I will keep you updated with the proceedings...
Saini84,
I told you that you don't need FBI clearance!!!!!!! Yay!! No more FBI for you! :)

I applied for GCMS around 10th August.

Saini84, Tell me the Magic word for steady movement.

tkRPR

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saini84 said:

Saini,

Now i slowly reading all and i find at the end of report i see "Paper file transfer History".
Where i see below. Not understood well but see like

History 1
date: 2013/07/25 office: CPP Ottawa Location: FSW-TQF
History2
2012/11/16 office:CPP Ottawa Location: Registry
History 3

2012/1116 office: CPP Ottawa Outcome: received Office: CPP Ottawa
There are total 6 Histories for the file trasfer but see the November 2012 it was moved.

Saini, I am understanding correct here from the report?
Please let me know your view and let me know if any questions.

History:4
In transit from Centralized intake office

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
tkRPR said:
saini84 said:

Saini,

Now i slowly reading all and i find at the end of report i see "Paper file transfer History".
Where i see below. Not understood well but see like

History 1
date: 2013/07/25 office: CPP Ottawa Location: FSW-TQF
History2
2012/11/16 office:CPP Ottawa Location: Registry
History 3

2012/1116 office: CPP Ottawa Outcome: received Office: CPP Ottawa
There are total 6 Histories for the file trasfer but see the November 2012 it was moved.

Saini, I am understanding correct here from the report?
Please let me know your view and let me know if any questions.

History:4
In transit from Centralized intake office
Check for "Paper File Transfer History". This will tell you when your file was transferred.

Initially, the Primary office is "Central Intake Office" and Secondary is the one you mentioned in the application. When transfer happens, the primary office becomes the one you stated in the application.

I hope this helps