+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 11th IELTS candidates let's meet here

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I did the same for the one before it and erased poor handling and wrote the option for slow production it happens. hopefully we get our desired scores
hope for the best. I think you did better than me just saying because you remember hell of a stuff !! LOL

Arya G

May 12, 2019
i don't remember exact question itself but i believe that one is supposed to provide opinion and with supportive examples. \i remember they asked for examples.
yes you are right the task type was the one that required your viewpoint

Arya G

May 12, 2019
hope for the best. I think you did better than me just saying because you remember hell of a stuff !! LOL
no I read different blogs and compiled these answers, of course I remembered most the 2 sections I looked somewhere else were the business one and the bicycle one I forgot almost everything of these two. lol

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
What I remembered from my General Reading Test:
gallery is shoe-shaped – FALSE (it is shoebox-shaped)
three galleries – FALSE (one main + 3 other)
something about 1 year – NG
can buy footwear – FALSE (shop sells everything except shoes)
some shoes have been worn – TRUE
gallery is close to some art galleries – TRUE (but maybe NG?)... in the text it was in close proximity with some exhibitions of ... Art Center.
supervised creche
ventilation system
humidity
heat stress
protective clothing
Economy
Standard
motor insurance
Permanent workplace (or something like that... I remember I wrote 2 words...)
used sea shells to indicate land – Pacific
first map – Middle East
map contained military objects – China
mines were like this :
used sea shells to indicate maps _ pacific
first known maps _ Greece
maps contained military objects - middle east
maps followed by royals - china
mapmaker followed royals – China

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
no I read different blogs and compiled these answers, of course I remembered most the 2 sections I looked somewhere else were the business one and the bicycle one I forgot almost everything of these two. lol
can you tell me where did you search for these answers i mean any blog or such thing?

Arya G

May 12, 2019
What I remembered from my General Reading Test:
gallery is shoe-shaped – FALSE (it is shoebox-shaped)
three galleries – FALSE (one main + 3 other)
something about 1 year – NG
can buy footwear – FALSE (shop sells everything except shoes)
some shoes have been worn – TRUE
gallery is close to some art galleries – TRUE (but maybe NG?)... in the text it was in close proximity with some exhibitions of ... Art Center.
supervised creche
ventilation system
humidity
heat stress
protective clothing
Economy
Standard
motor insurance
Permanent workplace (or something like that... I remember I wrote 2 words...)
used sea shells to indicate land – Pacific
first map – Middle East
map contained military objects – China
mapmaker followed royals – China

apart from these I remember

pay and play
Ice rink ( overlooking from bowling sth)
Coffee plus(open earliest)
Tuesday
Thursday

public transport( after 9 pm)

q 31 astrologer map maker- Claudius Ptolemy...... i got this wrong as aristogaras:(
first curved map of earth (the one in second last para)
A meeting with king aristogaras and spartan king
reverse direction to current maps
and maps showing land ownership were same para
Babylons were first in smth as well map of complete earth i guess
ancient and modern map making goal same -last para

Last edited:

Arya G

May 12, 2019
can you tell me where did you search for these answers i mean any blog or such thing?
they are all over the net I was restless after the test so I googled what i remembered like a talk on Gisborne, Athfield bike making, etc etc it took ages and i don’t know how many blogs I went through finally i found this one which is dedicated to the 11 may exam and a lot of different people have wrote different sections There is Ielts simon and Ielts liz i regularly follow

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
they are all over the net I was restless after the test so I googled what i remembered like a talk on Gisborne, Athfield bike making, etc etc it took ages and i don’t know how many blogs I went through finally i found this one which is dedicated to the 11 may exam and a lot of different people have wrote different sections There is Ielts simon and Ielts liz i regularly follow
I tried searching Gisborne , but could not find anything. I was looking for a whole listening test on internet but did not find anything.
they had some kind of number on listening test like 539365 something like that ..

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
are you applying through express entry for Canada?

Reactions: Arya G

Arya G

May 12, 2019
I tried searching Gisborne , but could not find anything. I was looking for a whole listening test on internet but did not find anything.
they had some kind of number on listening test like 539365 something like that ..
did you put Listening for IELTS with it Mostly these tests are repeated after few years the gisbone one was from the one held in 2015 in some other country

http://ieltsnetwork.com/viewtopic.php?t=4911&start=40