+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 11th IELTS candidates let's meet here

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hi everyone! Since my first scores for 23rd March were LRSW 8.5 9 7.5 6.5, I need to re-atke the test on 11th May. I will take a paper based exam at BC. Anyone else on this date?
I’ll take the exam on the same date in Ontario, and our scores are very similar since mine is LRSW 8 9 7.5 6.5. This was my first attempt. So, what have you been doing to improve your writing score? We may help each other with writing.

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania
Hello All,

All the best for your test, I had my IELTS test in January but unfortunately scores were not good. I got nervous in front of examiner then I chose CELPIP as CELPIP is also an English language proficiency test accepted by a number of professional organizations, universities, colleges, employers and government of Canada, as proof of English language proficiency. I scored really good scores in CELPIP, you may navigate Celpip.biz to know about basic knowledge about CELPIP Test.

Thanks
Hi! I don't have CELPIP test organisations in my country, but I will be in a trip to Canada next month so I am thinking to take it there. Can you please share your results on both ielts and celpip? how did you find celpip vs ielts apart from being fully computer based? is it easier? how much did you prepare for celpip?

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania
I’ll take the exam on the same date in Ontario, and our scores are very similar since mine is LRSW 8 9 7.5 6.5. This was my first attempt. So, what have you been doing to improve your writing score? We may help each other with writing.
Hi! I will get back later today after finishing work.

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania
Interested I need help with listening
Hi! I’m in Romania and I took the test in Bucharest at BC. For Listening I trained with the sample tests on Road to Ielts and also the Ielts Prep app on my mobile. I recommend that you also watch the videos for each section on Road to ielts as the teachers explain what to pay attention to, tips&tricks, etc. Good luck!

Reactions: oluseyi1

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania
Hi! I will get back later today after finishing work.
I will exercise writing all essays from ieltsliz website. I didn’t do this first time, I only did a few. And I will study more on connectors, phrase structure, idioms, etc. I will also try to read as many articles as possible on each of the essay themes to get a broader perspective on the subject and enrich my vocabulary on certain themes less familiar.

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
I will exercise writing all essays from ieltsliz website. I didn’t do this first time, I only did a few. And I will study more on connectors, phrase structure, idioms, etc. I will also try to read as many articles as possible on each of the essay themes to get a broader perspective on the subject and enrich my vocabulary on certain themes less familiar.
Reading articles is definitely the key for improving your vocabulary, I have been doing this as much as I can. But I believe keep practicing is not enough to score +7. I’ll focus on grammar and sentence variety this time, and checking what you’ve written is very crucial since under exam condition we can make many careless mistakes. I was writing too long, this time I’ll also focus on writing shorter but much precisely. What you think of my ideas?

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania
Reading articles is definitely the key for improving your vocabulary, I have been doing this as much as I can. But I believe keep practicing is not enough to score +7. I’ll focus on grammar and sentence variety this time, and checking what you’ve written is very crucial since under exam condition we can make many careless mistakes. I was writing too long, this time I’ll also focus on writing shorter but much precisely. What you think of my ideas?
It looks like a good plan! Please let me know if you find other helpful sources of information, I’ll do the same

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
It looks like a good plan! Please let me know if you find other helpful sources of information, I’ll do the same
For sure for vocabulary I find ‘advanced vocabulary for ielts (Cambridge)’ really useful. You could try to work on it