+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 11th IELTS candidates let's meet here

Raman Boparai

Jun 8, 2018
Could you please help me in speaking ?
I had given ielts exam 3 times and got only 6.5 in it and my else scores are fine.
Thanks in advance

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Could you please help me in speaking ?
I had given ielts exam 3 times and got only 6.5 in it and my else scores are fine.
Thanks in advance
Pick random topics and record your voice and listen to them, you will know where improvement is required. Also speak in front of the mirror. It improves speaking.

Reactions: Raman Boparai

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania
LRWS (1st attempt) 8.5 7 7 6.5
2nd LRWS 8 7.5 7 6.5
3rd LRWS 9 7 7 6.5
That's incredible! Usually it's the Writing that keeps getting us into trouble, but you are an exception :) AB17 has given you some good advice. What I would add furthermore is that you should pay attention to the phrase structure, trying to build more complex sentences and presenting your ideas well organized. It is also important that for the subject on the 2nd part, you talk freely as much as possible in a natural flow. Try to search on BC's Youtube channel and others speaking samples. Good luck!

oluseyi1

May 18, 2018
i can't do the test may 11th again. it's been shifted to June 1st. wish you guys good luck may 11th. we will all be successful at it.

Reactions: Miky0807

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania
Hi Miky,

My IELTS Result was LRSW 8 8.5 6.5 7.5 and my Overall CBL scores in CELPIP are 9 so I got great scores in CELPIP. You may also go through an article celpip.biz/is-celpip-easier-than-ielts/ you will get lots of help from here to understand better that which one is best for you.

All the very best
Thanks!

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
LRWS (1st attempt) 8.5 7 7 6.5
2nd LRWS 8 7.5 7 6.5
3rd LRWS 9 7 7 6.5
What I did is I used to go thru all the recent topics that were mentioned on IELTSLiz website. I had a story ready for each topic. I practiced all topics at home with 2 mins timeframe. If I also used Past-Present-Future technique.

I started my topic with like "Currently I like playing badminton (speak for it about 30-40 seconds) then move to past but in my childhood, I used to play cricket( speak for more 30-40 seconds) then switch to future however I have heard swimming is a nice sport and I can do it alone too.(then speak for 30-40 seconds).
Use firstly, Secondly, thirdly or finally for mentioning points.
Use words, like however, moreover, not only -but also, as well as.
Use paraphrases, I made a list of synonyms and I tried to use synonyms as much as possible.
Use In my opinion or It assumes to me or I guess or I think.

Also, check youtube videos of speaking. Prepare every topic and keep a story ready for every topic.
Prepare for section 1, as it will set an impression.
For section 3, first state your opinion then give an example.
Try to speak fluently.

Final tip: before going for an exam, check Ieltsliz's recent exam questions page and check if someone has posted a new topic which you have not prepared. Read about it online and prepare a story.

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
^ That's a good strategy! I think there are limited range for speaking questions. We just need to learn the structuring like in writing section and like you suggested the Past-Present-Future technique. Some other techniques i have seen online as well.

Its all about organised ideas and natural flow as Miky0807 also suggested.

Raman Boparai

Jun 8, 2018
What I did is I used to go thru all the recent topics that were mentioned on IELTSLiz website. I had a story ready for each topic. I practiced all topics at home with 2 mins timeframe. If I also used Past-Present-Future technique.

I started my topic with like "Currently I like playing badminton (speak for it about 30-40 seconds) then move to past but in my childhood, I used to play cricket( speak for more 30-40 seconds) then switch to future however I have heard swimming is a nice sport and I can do it alone too.(then speak for 30-40 seconds).
Use firstly, Secondly, thirdly or finally for mentioning points.
Use words, like however, moreover, not only -but also, as well as.
Use paraphrases, I made a list of synonyms and I tried to use synonyms as much as possible.
Use In my opinion or It assumes to me or I guess or I think.

Also, check youtube videos of speaking. Prepare every topic and keep a story ready for every topic.
Prepare for section 1, as it will set an impression.
For section 3, first state your opinion then give an example.
Try to speak fluently.

Final tip: before going for an exam, check Ieltsliz's recent exam questions page and check if someone has posted a new topic which you have not prepared. Read about it online and prepare a story.
Thanks alot for this wonderful suggestion