+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - April PNP PR Batch :)

Panucci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hey guys, so I got DM on Feb 3rd and last night they asked me to send the copy of my passport and 2 passport pictures so they'll send me the confirmation letter . I'll send it on Monday... Hopefully it doesn't take too long!! good luck to everyone!! :)

newbee2391

Star Member
May 6, 2014
leikyut_31 said:
So happy greeting everyone here who got PPR today, and realized to check also my email and was surprise that I also got my PPR email just 10 mins ago... Yahoooo! Congrats everyone! Thanks GOD for the promise that you made. Praying for those who is still waiting to recieve your positive result sooner!
congrats on your PPR & thanks for you good wishes I hope we get get our request soon!!

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
Hey guys! is BOWP is the same as work permit extension or work permit renewal???? im an april 9 applicant. until now my status is still IN PROCESS. My work permit will expire on May 28.. I dont know what to do. If Ill get a new one or just wait for my decision made and PPR. i might not have enough time. and my work permit is not an open work permit. its exclusive under my employer only. So does BOWP applies in my case?

pinoybrat

Oct 31, 2013
tinacraigg said:
Hey guys! is BOWP is the same as work permit extension or work permit renewal???? im an april 9 applicant. until now my status is still IN PROCESS. My work permit will expire on May 28.. I dont know what to do. If Ill get a new one or just wait for my decision made and PPR. i might not have enough time. and my work permit is not an open work permit. its exclusive under my employer only. So does BOWP applies in my case?
just apply for extension or bowp using your CIC file number/and or Nomination certificate. its just the same form and process for BOWP and Extension... you dont have to worry. apply now before feb 21 coz they are gonna add 100 dollars more for Extension and Bowp. so the total would be 255 after feb 21.

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
pinoybrat said:
just apply for extension or bowp using your CIC file number/and or Nomination certificate. its just the same form and process for BOWP and Extension... you dont have to worry. apply now before feb 21 coz they are gonna add 100 dollars more for Extension and Bowp. so the total would be 255 after feb 21.

salamat!!

sumitsra

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-14
Doc's Request.
28-05-14
Nomination.....
05-02-14
AOR Received.
16-04-14
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
16-04-14
Med's Done....
24-04-14
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
waiting
LANDED..........
already inside Canada
Hi all,

Any March applicant still waiting for IP/DM or PPR.. i called cic on last friday and found my application still going through background check.

Agam1111

Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
05/05/2014
sumitsra said:
Hi all,

Any March applicant still waiting for IP/DM or PPR.. i called cic on last friday and found my application still going through background check.
Do u have any idea how long does it take to do background check

rubal1382

Sep 8, 2014
sumitsra said:
Hi all,

I m March 6 applicant..IP since 9 sept..so pissed :(

leikyut_31

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinacraigg said:
salamat!!
Thats correct Tina, apply ur extension asap. There is little bit assurance to get BOWP. You might consider applying for BOWP if you have atleast 4 months before your visa expiration so if ur application is refused u still have more time to reaaply for extension but if u dont have enough time u will end up out of status. It almost happen to me I apply for BOWP 2 months before my WP expiration and it was refused by cic. I am lucky coz i syill have 2 weeks before my expiration so I still have chance to apply right away!

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
leikyut_31 said:
Thats correct Tina, apply ur extension asap. There is little bit assurance to get BOWP. You might consider applying for BOWP if you have atleast 4 months before your visa expiration so if ur application is refused u still have more time to reaaply for extension but if u dont have enough time u will end up out of status. It almost happen to me I apply for BOWP 2 months before my WP expiration and it was refused by cic. I am lucky coz i syill have 2 weeks before my expiration so I still have chance to apply right away!

thank you so much for sharing...

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
leikyut_31 said:

hi leikyut! but can i apply for a OPen work permit even though my work permit is not an open work permit? my WP is exclusive under 1 employer only...I remember i saw in 1 forum about a person who.applied for a BOWP but they denied his application.since his old WP is under a particular employer only...This is the part that confused me alot

leikyut_31

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinacraigg said:
hi leikyut! but can i apply for a OPen work permit even though my work permit is not an open work permit? my WP is exclusive under 1 employer only...I remember i saw in 1 forum about a person who.applied for a BOWP but they denied his application.since his old WP is under a particular employer only...This is the part that confused me alot
Yes under BOWP you can apply as long as you already apply for PR and got ur AOR AND If your application is under PNP,CEC,FSWP etc. but same thing happen to me I was denied also the reason is my nomination is only limited to my employer. But if your nominating province will allow u and get a letter for them that u want to apply for open permit then you can submit it together w ur application for BOWP. THIS IS WHAT THE OFFICER TOLD ME BUT I didnt took any chance again coz I am running out of time thats why I apply for extension instead. Check the processing time and if you think u still have more time to re-apply once you are denied then you can do so. In ur application status YES u are eligible to apply for BOWP.