+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

Zaid Rehman

Oct 10, 2017
I checked my status this morning and saw the following;

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 28, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 12, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 27, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 17, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 20, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.
I wasn't expecting things to go that fast after the test :)

Finally, the long awaited moment is about to come.
I also want to mention here that during the painful waiting period, this forum was the best thing to have in life :)

Good luck to everyone else. I hope you all become Canadian citizens soon.

Thank you!

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 28, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 27, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 17, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 20, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

I also want to mention here that during the painful waiting period, this forum was the best thing to have in life :)

Thank you!
Updated. Congrats!!!
I am almost in the same boat like you.. Received on test invite on 27 for test on Nov 15 in Scarborough. DM on Nov 17. Hopefully my oath notice will arrive soon.

ace_420

Mar 22, 2017
I have been seeing that few people in this forum got their DM right after the test day @ Scarborough office. I am just wondering still my status hasn't changed to DM in online even after officer told me I should receive my oath date within a month or two ( Did Test/Interview on OCT3rd). Its already been more than 1.5 month. I am a Mississauga Applicant who's test was placed in Scarborough.

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
What documents do they check? I know they check the test invite, 2 pieces of ID, PR Card, COPR, Passport - anything else such as job letters, paystubs or anything like that?

Stabinmo

Apr 12, 2017
What documents do they check? I know they check the test invite, 2 pieces of ID, PR Card, COPR, Passport - anything else such as job letters, paystubs or anything like that?
DUring the interview, they check the original documents you sent to them as copies (passport, PR card, Landing doc, the two ID cards, Proof of language) They also check exit stamps on your passport and compare them with the provided calculator that you sent. They may verbally ask about what type of job you do and where you work or study...etc.

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
DUring the interview, they check the original documents you sent to them as copies (passport, PR card, Landing doc, the two ID cards, Proof of language) They also check exit stamps on your passport and compare them with the provided calculator that you sent. They may verbally ask about what type of job you do and where you work or study...etc.
Thanks Stabinmo - my passport has no stamps as I have only traveled to US during this period. Hopefully they should have acquired the CBSA report by now!

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014

Thank you!
Congrats !!!! Finally!!!!

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oath invite received for December 15th.

Mississauga applicant that was transferred to Scarborough and wrote test on the 16th.

Reactions: Pinocchio