MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Urgent help ,

hello all

I am finishing my citizenship application and I have a question about eligibility period. In Application form @ 9(a) it asks to use a Physical calculator to get dates and on physical calculator it gives eligibility 5 years from now.

So when in question 9 C it asks During your eligibility period did you live outside of Canada do I need to say yes or no if we consider eligibility period 5 years from now which is 2012 nov and I got my PR in nov 2013 and landed Dec 2013 never visited outside from Canada more than 10 days. Also, Do I also need to add my Back home address in question 10 (a) as Eligibility period covers till Nov 2012

Also one more question “Where were you Physically located? “ I was working as a Contractor for a consulting company, which provides services for its clients.

Should I mention the location of client where I was physically present for 4 weeks or the location of my Consulting company ( Recruiter) ?

Please help me to complete my application.
Your eligibility period is since you became a PR. Any time before that falls outside your eligibility period even if it's within the 5 years stated on the application.

They ask for 5 years because not everyone applies for their citizenship at the first possible moment they can (which would be 3 years now if you don't leave Canada at all).

If work brought you outside of the country for 4 weeks then state where you stayed. If this work was inside the country I don't think it's necessary to put it in your physical calculator since it wouldn't be time spent outside the country. And since it's not a permanent place you lived, I don't think it's necessary to have it as a physical address. But, contact CIC if you have specific questions like this.

Usagi_

Oct 10, 2017
Guys, so I have been studying the Discover Canada book and have been answering questions online using the "citizenship counts" website, but I found there are a lot of inconsistencies. For example, the book states that there are 308 electoral districts, yet the questions online have it as 338 electoral districts instead!
There was also a question online that states on where the biggest percentage of Aboriginals live. The books says 15% live in Manitoba and 85% live in Nunuvut...so why is Manitoba considered to be the correct answer in these online questions???

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Guys, so I have been studying the Discover Canada book and have been answering questions online using the "citizenship counts" website, but I found there are a lot of inconsistencies. For example, the book states that there are 308 electoral districts, yet the questions online have it as 338 electoral districts instead!
There was also a question online that states on where the biggest percentage of Aboriginals live. The books says 15% live in Manitoba and 85% live in Nunuvut...so why is Manitoba considered to be the correct answer in these online questions???
Actually, there are 338 electoral districts, but when the book was issued in 2012, they were 308. So, this question, I think, is very unprobable.
The second question may be where in the west/or prairies, or in which province. Nunavut is not in the west/prairies and is not a province.

Pinocchio

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
I think the book has all the correct answers

ace_420

Mar 22, 2017
Still waiting for oath :-(. Did test on OCT 3rd @ Scarborough office, Even though my local office should be Mississauga, Officer told me I should be receiving the oath letter soon.Have seen in the tracker that some one got the oath writing test after me. Getting little bit frustrated as eagerly waiting for Oath Date since I am pregnant and due date is End of DEC !!

faisal123

Jul 23, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
0213, 4131
App. Filed.......
May 2009
LANDED..........
Nov 18th, 2012
Want to thank all the forum members for their support. Kindly update my timeline:

Application sent: March 6
AOR: March 11
IP: March 13
Test Invite: June 7
Test: June 27
DM: Sept 01
Oath Invite: Nov 01
Oath: Nov 22

I wish all forum members who have applied for their citizenships may get their oath soon. Visa office London, On. Though the officer was kind enough to tell they are going to schedule me for their upcoming ceremony which was in September, but it was much longer than that. I believe they schedule according to the availability of judge and staff, that is the reason it appears to be longer than what they tell us during interview.

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Want to thank all the forum members for their support. Kindly update my timeline:

I wish all forum members who have applied for their citizenships may get their oath soon. Visa office London, On. Though the officer was kind enough to tell they are going to schedule me for their upcoming ceremony which was in September, but it was much longer than that. I believe they schedule according to the availability of judge and staff, that is the reason it appears to be longer than what they tell us during interview.
updated, congrats!!!

Reactions: faisal123

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

congratulations ..

I have a question please ... my sister is still in process up until today though she took her test on June 20th in Montreal. She passed with 20/20 and her interview was very smooth, she barely spent 5 minutes withe the officer. The officer told her that she has to wait 3 to 4 months for the oath invitation which is normal, but to stay in process until today this is what is getting her worried.

what could be the reason behind this delay?

faisal123

Jul 23, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
0213, 4131
App. Filed.......
May 2009
LANDED..........
Nov 18th, 2012
congratulations ..

I have a question please ... my sister is still in process up until today though she took her test on June 20th in Montreal. She passed with 20/20 and her interview was very smooth, she barely spent 5 minutes withe the officer. The officer told her that she has to wait 3 to 4 months for the oath invitation which is normal, but to stay in process until today this is what is getting her worried.

what could be the reason behind this delay?
Usually it is the background checks that keep the officers putting us on hold and after that it is their schedule ceremony. At least this is what I figured out from the interview. I had some stamps on my ppt that took longer for the checks after test, otherwise the officer was friendly to tell me she would have given me oath letter right away. Maybe your sister's background checks going on. Anyways we all are going to make till the oath sooner or later.

Oh and yes, I never called neither send any webform! Just waited with tonnes of patience :)

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Took the test today. Scored 20/20. If you have a really good grasp of the English language and just study Discover Canada a couple of times and take a good chunk of the practice tests online you're going to blow through the test in 5 minutes and with ease.

The test was in Scarborough. Really small room - ~40 people total. You do interviews in the order you finish your test. The questions are straightforward, you're not going to get tricked.

Definitely overstudied but at least know more about Canada now. If you haven't taken the test, don't stress too much about it. It's pretty easy unless you really struggle with English in general.

Last edited:

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
canadavisa22 - what kind of questions do they ask? A lot of dates/ names from history? Also in the interview is it more personal questions based on the candidate? Will appreciate your reply.

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavisa22 - what kind of questions do they ask? A lot of dates/ names from history? Also in the interview is it more personal questions based on the candidate? Will appreciate your reply.
Don't stress about names/dates. Know the basics and you will be fine.

The personal interview is just them verifying information about your application.

Usagi_

Oct 10, 2017
To the Mississauga applicants that had to do the exam in Scarborough:

I have a question in regards to how to get to the test center. Is there a convenient way to get there? I'm not well versed in the transport systems here since I never left Mississauga nor have I ever been to Toronto. It is to my knowledge that the transits in Mississauga differ to that in Toronto so a transfer ticked won't work. Also I think I have to take a train or something??? I'm honestly so confused! If I do take the bus that's at least a 2 hour ride! And my exam will be at 9:00am! Does someone know a convenient way to get there?