+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the notice to write the test it states:

"Bring all of your original documents that support your citizenship application"

For those of you who have written the test, does this mean things that were photocopied (i.e. passport, PR Card etc)? For example, for the language requirement I used my original highschool transcripts. Would I need to have another set of those available to show the officer in case they ask?

imranrf

Apr 14, 2017
Hi, could someone guide me plz. We are a family of 4, my sons are 5 and 7. Me and my wife received the citizenship test date at scarborough next week. Do we need to take children with us? I understand that obviously they will not be having any test but as they have also been the applicants for citizenship with us, would they be required to be physically present? Kindly advise, anyone been through this scenario

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi, could someone guide me plz. We are a family of 4, my sons are 5 and 7. Me and my wife received the citizenship test date at scarborough next week. Do we need to take children with us? I understand that obviously they will not be having any test but as they have also been the applicants for citizenship with us, would they be required to be physically present? Kindly advise, anyone been through this scenario
They don't need to go. Even at the citizenship ceremony only if you want them to be there.

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Just got invite for test, please update the spreadsheet:

Test Interview letter/ ecas Date: Nov 7
Test Interview Date: Dec 4
Test Centre: Scarborough

Waiting since March - almost 9 months!
My id - sam847

Usagi_

Oct 10, 2017
Finally just received the exam date! But unfortunately it's in Scarborough as well. I requested for them to change it to Mississauga since that's where I applied from but I was told my entire file has been transferred to Scarborough so I can either change the date or time but not the location =(

I'd like to ask concerning the exam, is it only enough to study from the booklet they send? I haven't received mine yet but I'm reading the online version. So far I'm dreading all the year dates that keep popping up :confused:

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
May be most of March applicants received a test by now, at least. As I applied by March 31st and I received my test date yesterday. My test date is Dec 7th. I dont think my details are updated in the excel sheet as I tried doing before but it didnt open for me. Just an update for people who follow march applicants.

Now the question time:
How is the test going to be? I havent started yet to read anything for the test. Can you show some light?

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Finally just received the exam date! But unfortunately it's in Scarborough as well. I requested for them to change it to Mississauga since that's where I applied from but I was told my entire file has been transferred to Scarborough so I can either change the date or time but not the location =(

I'd like to ask concerning the exam, is it only enough to study from the booklet they send? I haven't received mine yet but I'm reading the online version. So far I'm dreading all the year dates that keep popping up :confused:
The booklet is the official tool to study for the test, but you can also do some quizzes online to have an idea on how the questions can be worded and do some practice.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
May be most of March applicants received a test by now, at least. As I applied by March 31st and I received my test date yesterday. My test date is Dec 7th. I dont think my details are updated in the excel sheet as I tried doing before but it didnt open for me. Just an update for people who follow march applicants.

Now the question time:
How is the test going to be? I havent started yet to read anything for the test. Can you show some light?
Congrats...

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017

Now the question time:
I read the book twice and did the below tests.

www.onlinecitizenshiptest.ca
www.apnatoronto.com
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca
http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/canada_citizen_test/
http://www.thecanadiantest.com/citizenship-test/14

RON5252

Nov 9, 2017
Urgent help ,

hello all

I am finishing my citizenship application and I have a question about eligibility period. In Application form @ 9(a) it asks to use a Physical calculator to get dates and on physical calculator it gives eligibility 5 years from now.

So when in question 9 C it asks During your eligibility period did you live outside of Canada do I need to say yes or no if we consider eligibility period 5 years from now which is 2012 nov and I got my PR in nov 2013 and landed Dec 2013 never visited outside from Canada more than 10 days. Also, Do I also need to add my Back home address in question 10 (a) as Eligibility period covers till Nov 2012

Also one more question “Where were you Physically located? “ I was working as a Contractor for a consulting company, which provides services for its clients.

Should I mention the location of client where I was physically present for 4 weeks or the location of my Consulting company ( Recruiter) ?

Please help me to complete my application.

tomlee1986

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
I think it is after you for your PR status.. please correct if I am wrong by the seniors here

As to physical presence... I think it is your home within Canada most of the time.. please correct if I interpret it in error