+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To the Mississauga applicants that had to do the exam in Scarborough:

I have a question in regards to how to get to the test center. Is there a convenient way to get there? I'm not well versed in the transport systems here since I never left Mississauga nor have I ever been to Toronto. It is to my knowledge that the transits in Mississauga differ to that in Toronto so a transfer ticked won't work. Also I think I have to take a train or something??? I'm honestly so confused! If I do take the bus that's at least a 2 hour ride! And my exam will be at 9:00am! Does someone know a convenient way to get there?
Google maps will tell you the most efficient way to get their by transportation, but it depends on where you live in Mississauga. If you can get to Kipling Station you can take the TTC all the way across to the Scarborough Town Centre. There are also plenty of buses that leave from Square One (if you live there) that take you into Toronto and then you would need to transfer.

But, honestly, take a cab or Uber. I know this may not be a realistic option for everyone if they have a very tight budget but it's moments like these where it makes sense to spend the extra money to ensure you get there on time. If you leave early (630am for example) you will be at the Test Centre for 715am. That is about a $50-$60 cab ride. You can then grab a coffee and some breakfast and relax. Then, take public transportation back home as you won't be in a rush or stressed out.

If not, then leave extremely early and plan out the most efficient route through Google Maps.

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Thanks for the info - canadavisa22 and congrats for clearing the test/interview. Did they tell you when would they send you the oath invite?

Zaid Rehman

Oct 10, 2017
Hi Guys.
I just passed my test (18/20) today at Scarborough. It wasn't very tough. I would suggest you to read Discover Canada and do a lot of online exam practice questions and you will be fine.
Interview was pretty simple. The lady verified the original documents and told me to watch out for an email from CIC for an Oath Invitation.

Good Luck to everyone else :)

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the info - canadavisa22 and congrats for clearing the test/interview. Did they tell you when would they send you the oath invite?
No, just the standard "it could take up to a few months" but based on other user's timelines here I would expect it within a month or two.

My file was updated to "Decision Made" today (day after the test).

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
i have been asking this question everywhere. i paid for spousal sponsorship to cic, now i want to refund my fees back from cic. the application was never submitted. we just paid the fees. now my question is can i pay to cic for my citizenship application through the same credit card or different credit card? please help me

Usagi_

Oct 10, 2017
Google maps will tell you the most efficient way to get their by transportation, but it depends on where you live in Mississauga. If you can get to Kipling Station you can take the TTC all the way across to the Scarborough Town Centre. There are also plenty of buses that leave from Square One (if you live there) that take you into Toronto and then you would need to transfer.

But, honestly, take a cab or Uber. I know this may not be a realistic option for everyone if they have a very tight budget but it's moments like these where it makes sense to spend the extra money to ensure you get there on time. If you leave early (630am for example) you will be at the Test Centre for 715am. That is about a $50-$60 cab ride. You can then grab a coffee and some breakfast and relax. Then, take public transportation back home as you won't be in a rush or stressed out.

If not, then leave extremely early and plan out the most efficient route through Google Maps.
Thanks so much canadavisa22 for your reply. A cab is too expensive for me unfortunately and money is really tight due to a back surgery I had a few months ago, but I did check this Kipling Station on googlemaps as you suggested. If I take a bus from my place, it will drop me off near Dundas street at another bus stop, and then from there I have to take a 101 bus to kipling. Just one question, do you happen to know if the 101 bus is under Miway jurisdiction or is it TTC?

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much canadavisa22 for your reply. A cab is too expensive for me unfortunately and money is really tight due to a back surgery I had a few months ago, but I did check this Kipling Station on googlemaps as you suggested. If I take a bus from my place, it will drop me off near Dundas street at another bus stop, and then from there I have to take a 101 bus to kipling. Just one question, do you happen to know if the 101 bus is under Miway jurisdiction or is it TTC?
when do you have the test ? I am also living Mississauga and if you want we can travel together :D.

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

My application status says the following..

"We sent you a notice on October 30, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

I haven't received the invitation by mail, I only received an email with the invitation as an attached PDF.
Does that make any difference? Should I contact them because I haven't received it by mail (post)?
Even "contact us" does not lead you to a specific form!

As usual, Canada Gov communication is ambiguous!!!

Stabinmo

Apr 12, 2017
Guys,

My application status says the following..

"We sent you a notice on October 30, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

I haven't received the invitation by mail, I only received an email with the invitation as an attached PDF.
Does that make any difference? Should I contact them because I haven't received it by mail (post)?
Even "contact us" does not lead you to a specific form!

As usual, Canada Gov communication is ambiguous!!!
Just print the PDF you received and you are good to go. If they email the PDF then they will not send a letter by mail.

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just print the PDF you received and you are good to go. If they email the PDF then they will not send a letter by mail.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I've already printed the PDF, only got confused by "you will receive by mail"

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Took the test today. Scored 20/20. If you have a really good grasp of the English language and just study Discover Canada a couple of times and take a good chunk of the practice tests online you're going to blow through the test in 5 minutes and with ease.

The test was in Scarborough. Really small room - ~40 people total. You do interviews in the order you finish your test. The questions are straightforward, you're not going to get tricked.

Definitely overstudied but at least know more about Canada now. If you haven't taken the test, don't stress too much about it. It's pretty easy unless you really struggle with English in general.
Congrats!
Hope the next and final step will be concluded swiftly!

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I've already printed the PDF, only got confused by "you will receive by mail"
No sweat, I thought the same thing, so I kept checking my mail but it never came. Just took printed PDF and no issue.