+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
Update for me also, me and my Sponsor just received the "meet the eligibility requirements for PR" email (June 30th), we knew already as the application tracker showed us this since about June 7th I think. Just went back onto the tracker to see if anything has changed or updated since getting that email, but nothing has, the only thing I'm waiting for now is the Background check to be completed, Tracker has not been updated since June 14th.

Reactions: riri207

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Update for me also, me and my Sponsor just received the "meet the eligibility requirements for PR" email (June 30th), we knew already as the application tracker showed us this since about June 7th I think. Just went back onto the tracker to see if anything has changed or updated since getting that email, but nothing has, the only thing I'm waiting for now is the Background check to be completed, Tracker has not been updated since June 14th.
You should see some changes on the PR tracker after 9 AM today. It looks like we are in the same boat. Fingers crossed, we can get a decision soon.

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
Oh cool, I'll keep checking today then, also to the post above, it does look like we can apply for OHIP now we have the AIP Letter, just saw this online.....

You must be able to answer "yes" to at least 1 of these statements:

Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents

• You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (including recently adopted children).
  • You are a "protected person," also called a convention refugee.
  • You are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act. (This is for aboriginal people of Canada.)
  • You applied for permanent residence and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada. This means that you have "approval-in-principle."

Reactions: rsm0703 and riri207

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Oh cool, I'll keep checking today then, also to the post above, it does look like we can apply for OHIP now we have the AIP Letter, just saw this online.....

• You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (including recently adopted children).
  • You are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act. (This is for aboriginal people of Canada.)
  • You applied for permanent residence and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada. This means that you have "approval-in-principle."
Yes, you are right, I live in Alberta, and I am also eligible to apply for the provincial health card.

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
You should see some changes on the PR tracker after 9 AM today. It looks like we are in the same boat. Fingers crossed, we can get a decision soon.
Can't see anything different on the Tracker yet, maybe it's due to being a long weekend with it being Canada Day tomorrow, maybe it'll update next week sometime?

Zuzu1983

Mar 23, 2023
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-03-2023
AOR Received.
01-04-2023
Med's Request
06-04-2023
Med's Done....
10-04-2023
I received the Sponsor Eligibility email yesterday, June 29th!
Now awaiting the AIP so that we can apply for RAMQ medicare coverage...

I'm really hoping that Quebec applicants are on the same timelines as other provinces.
We did ensure to send the CSQ through webforms as soon as we got it - and one month later, we had an email confirming the webform CSQ had been properly added to the PR application, so here's hoping there are no additional delays.

Reactions: irinaaas11

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023

What a great news!!!
I thought we had to wait until the final decision to apply for OHIP.
I will try to go tomorrow \o/
Thank you so much for sharing this information.

jknham

May 11, 2023
Hello, guys

I'm on Family spouse stream & wanna share my timeline which is a bit weird

Application sent: March 30
Medical exams request: May 10
Created PR Tracker account on May 12
Eligibility completed: May 19
Medical exams completed: May 19
Biometrics request: May 19
pre-arrival services letter received: May 20
Biometrics completed: May 25
Background Verification in progress: May 20 (not sure about it)
AOR received: June 24 (thru sponsor's e-mail)

Before I got AOR...... I just got a medical request 1st

I was able to creat PR tracker account with application # and UCI # that is on medical request form
even though I didn't get AOR....

then received other requests like BIometrics, eligibility

and then all of sudden...Sponsor just got AOR thru Sponsor's email...

I'm not sure what's going on my application but hope everything is going well...

Reactions: Zuzu1983

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
Hello, guys

I was able to creat PR tracker account with application # and UCI # that is on medical request form

I'm not sure what's going on my application but hope everything is going well...
Your timeline similar to mine.
I submitted my application on March 31st.
I got my Eligibility completed (sponsor and PA) on May 17th and pre-arrival letter on May 18th.
After that, I’m just waiting for my Background Verification that is still in progress.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Hello, guys

Getting the application number means you got the AOR, so your timeline is not weird. And in my opinion, your application is going well, and we are in the same boat for waiting to pass the background check. The only difference between us is that you do not receive the AIP, which is normal because many people can get COPR without AIP.

sandymarcus

Star Member
Nov 19, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
I received the Sponsor Eligibility email yesterday, June 29th!
Now awaiting the AIP so that we can apply for RAMQ medicare coverage...

I'm really hoping that Quebec applicants are on the same timelines as other provinces.
We did ensure to send the CSQ through webforms as soon as we got it - and one month later, we had an email confirming the webform CSQ had been properly added to the PR application, so here's hoping there are no additional delays.
That eligibility email is your AIP. You can apply for coverage with that email PDF.

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
OK just applied for my OHIP card at Service Ontario, and man that was a pain. Firstly we went to a Service Ontario and asked that we'd like to apply for an OHIP Card as I have received an AIP Letter from IRCC, and the lady serving me had no idea what an AIP Letter was, so she had to ring her head office to find out, so 20 minutes later we we're told to go to another, larger Service Ontario center where they could deal with me. Safe to say the queue was incredibly long and we gave up, we went back this morning and the queue was much smaller, although now we were told that a cell phone plan with my name and address, and a letter from TD Bank saying I had an account with my account information, name, address and an official stamp was not good enough proof of my address in Ontario, and that it should be a bank statement. Luckily we could get a statement on our phone, and this was good enough, weird I know, and they were also very abrupt and shocked I didn't have an Ontario Drivers Licence.

Anyway I managed to get an health card, should arrive in a month, but I am covered as of now, and that it expires in a year, unless I get PR before then, which I assume if I do it doesn't expire within a year. So to be of any help to other people, this is what I took to get my OHIP:

1. UK Passport
2. Printed Out AIP Letter
3. Printed Out and filled in OHIP Application
4. TD Bank Statement on mu phone (probably easier printed out)

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
OK just applied for my OHIP card at Service Ontario, and man that was a pain. Firstly we went to a Service Ontario and asked that we'd like to apply for an OHIP Card as I have received an AIP Letter from IRCC, and the lady serving me had no idea what an AIP Letter was, so she had to ring her head office to find out, so 20 minutes later we we're told to go to another, larger Service Ontario center where they could deal with me. Safe to say the queue was incredibly long and we gave up, we went back this morning and the queue was much smaller, although now we were told that a cell phone plan with my name and address, and a letter from TD Bank saying I had an account with my account information, name, address and an official stamp was not good enough proof of my address in Ontario, and that it should be a bank statement. Luckily we could get a statement on our phone, and this was good enough, weird I know, and they were also very abrupt and shocked I didn't have an Ontario Drivers Licence.

Anyway I managed to get an health card, should arrive in a month, but I am covered as of now, and that it expires in a year, unless I get PR before then, which I assume if I do it doesn't expire within a year. So to be of any help to other people, this is what I took to get my OHIP:

1. UK Passport
2. Printed Out AIP Letter
3. Printed Out and filled in OHIP Application
4. TD Bank Statement on mu phone (probably easier printed out)
Thank you for sharing what happened with you.
It helps a lot.
Did they give you any temporary card just in case if you need to use it before your OHIP card arrives?

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Can you please tell me which service Ontario did you go?