+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
Thank you for sharing what happened with you.
It helps a lot.
Did they give you any temporary card just in case if you need to use it before your OHIP card arrives?
So they said the physical card could take up to a month in the post, but they gave me a print out with all the information to keep hold of till I get the physical card, so at least I'm covered until I get the card

Can you please tell me which service Ontario did you go?
I went to the one at West, 50 Bloomington Rd, Aurora, ON L4G 0L8, it's in an old Psychiatric Hospital so it's pretty spooky, also I would recommend going early if you're off to this one as the line can get crazy and they only have like 4 people on to deal with it.

samhd

Mar 29, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I received the portal invite yesterday,

Below is my time line

Submitted: 25th March
Sponsor AOR: 2nd May
PA AOR: N/A
Medical Request: N/A
Medical Done: Done Previously
Medical Changed to Complete: 4th May
Biometrics Requested: N/A
Biometrics Done: Done Previously
Biometrics Changed to Completed: 4th May
Eligibility Marked as Completed: 19th May

Pre Arrival Service Latter: 20th May
Background Check Marked as Completed: 5th July
Portal Invite : 6th July

Waiting for COPR document

Good luck with your applications and thank you for all the info provided by all the members

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Below is my time line

Good luck with your applications and thank you for all the info provided by all the members
Congrats!

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Below is my time line

Yayyy! Congratulations \o/

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
Hello everyone.

Just to let you know, I also tried to apply for my OHIP and it’s all good.
I brought with me a letter with a confirmation of my PR application and a letter saying that I meet the requirements (famous AIP).
They asked me to show 2 documents: my drive license and my credit card signed on the back (I also showed my passport on my phone).
They said my OHIP card will arrive at my address within 4 to 6 weeks and I got a paper with my health number. I can use it already if I need.
They said this first OHIP card will be valid just for 1 year from my AIP letter.
When I get my eCOPR I have to go back there just to update the expired date for a longer period and I will receive a new card.

Yayyy!!! Time to find a family doctor now. \o/

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
Hello everyone.

Just to let you know, I also tried to apply for my OHIP and it’s all good.
I brought with me a letter with a confirmation of my PR application and a letter saying that I meet the requirements (famous AIP).
They asked me to show 2 documents: my drive license and my credit card signed on the back (I also showed my passport on my phone).
They said my OHIP card will arrive at my address within 4 to 6 weeks and I got a paper with my health number. I can use it already if I need.
They said this first OHIP card will be valid just for 1 year from my AIP letter.
When I get my eCOPR I have to go back there just to update the expired date for a longer period and I will receive a new card.

Yayyy!!! Time to find a family doctor now. \o/
Ah awesome, that's great to hear, also good to hear that we have to go back and re-new it when we get the eCOPR, as the guy who dealt with me made it sound like that if I get PR before this card expires I don't have to do anything.

Reactions: rsm0703

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
Ah awesome, that's great to hear, also good to hear that we have to go back and re-new it when we get the eCOPR, as the guy who dealt with me made it sound like that if I get PR before this card expires I don't have to do anything.
Kinda crazy, but I was comparing timelines posted here and counting days on calendar.
Apparently, the background check is completed few days after 100 days from the submission.
I applied on March 31 and 100 days is tomorrow.
Hopefully I can have some good news this week.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Kinda crazy, but I was comparing timelines posted here and counting days on calendar.
Apparently, the background check is completed few days after 100 days from the submission.
I applied on March 31 and 100 days is tomorrow.
Hopefully I can have some good news this week.
Same! I applied on March 15, 2023, but still is waiting to pass background check. You can check out my signature for the timeline.

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
Fingers crossed buddy s, hopefully we all hear some good news in the next week or so, I did read that the background check is the longest one to process. Not had any updates on my tracker since June 14

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Fingers crossed buddy s, hopefully we all hear some good news in the next week or so, I did read that the background check is the longest one to process. Not had any updates on my tracker since June 14
I got a ghost update on the PR tracker this Monday, but no visible changes. Hopefully, we can have good news next week.

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
I got a ghost update on the PR tracker this Monday, but no visible changes. Hopefully, we can have good news next week.
You passed your 100 days on June 23rd. This ghost update is probably your background check completed that will show soon. They might be preparing for your portal invite that usually comes 1 day after your background check is completed.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
You passed your 100 days on June 23rd. This ghost update is probably you background check completed that will show soon. They might be preparing for your portal invite that usually comes 1 day after your background check is completed.
Thank you very much, I hope you are right.