+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

Didi01

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Basically, you need not keep eyes on Eligibility because IRCC reviews this only using a couple of days. For example, while Eligibility might not begin today, it could be finished by the following day. On the other hand, the Background check is typically the lengthiest stage, potentially lasting several months.
Good to know, thanks.
My background is in review since avril 19.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
I just got an email which requests my CV/resume. Did anyone receive the same email? Only background check is in progress. Does a CV request mean a particular investigation?

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Congratulations, if you don't mind can you share your timeline and GU?
Sure, here's my timeline:

Application submitted: March 14th
AOR: April 12th
Biometrics completed (previously done): May 12th
Medical completed (used an old one): May 5th
Background in progress: May 19th
Requested GCMS notes: June 13th
Eligibility completed (jumped from not started to completed): June 15th
Background completed: June 19th
Pre-arrival letter (email): June 19th
COPR on tracker: June 19th
Portal 1 email: June 20th

That's it so far!

Last edited:

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I just got an email which requests my CV/resume. Did anyone receive the same email? Only background check is in progress. Does a CV request mean a particular investigation?
I submitted the resumes with the application, both mine and the sponsor's, although I don't remember it being on the checklist, but I did see an option to upload it on the portal so I thought it wouldn't hurt. I don't think it necessarily means further investigation, there are a bunch of people on this forum that were asked for a resume before.

Reactions: VLiu

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Great! Congrats. Could you please tell us what is your processing center. As we can also see the COPR number in application tracker from 14th June but still haven't received the portal link mail.
Thanks!
I couldn't find the processing center anywhere, last thing I know it was Mississauga on the AOR.
I requested GCMS notes, still waiting.

Reactions: ari.sarkar

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
I submitted the resumes with the application, both mine and the sponsor's, although I don't remember it being on the checklist, but I did see an option to upload it on the portal so I thought it wouldn't hurt. I don't think it necessarily means further investigation, there are a bunch of people on this forum that were asked for a resume before.
Thank you for the explanation! We have a very similar timeline. Fingers crossed, I could get the COPR soon.

LJ5588

Apr 26, 2023
Hi,

My husband currently has an in-Canada PR application in progress (inland spousal sponsorship).
Biometrics, Medical checks, and Eligibility has been completed, and Background verification is in progress.

He is currently in Canada on a multiple-entry visiting visa. He will reach 6 months of stay at the end of July.
He also applied for an Open Work Permit after receiving the AOR for the PR application, and this application is also in progress.

Would he need to apply for a visitor record to have legal status in Canada after July?
Or is having an OWP application in progress enough to have valid status?

Please also let us know if there is anything helpful on the IRCC website related to this type of situation.

Silesiana

May 30, 2023
Hi,

My husband currently has an in-Canada PR application in progress (inland spousal sponsorship).
Biometrics, Medical checks, and Eligibility has been completed, and Background verification is in progress.

He is currently in Canada on a multiple-entry visiting visa. He will reach 6 months of stay at the end of July.
He also applied for an Open Work Permit after receiving the AOR for the PR application, and this application is also in progress.

Would he need to apply for a visitor record to have legal status in Canada after July?
Or is having an OWP application in progress enough to have valid status?

Please also let us know if there is anything helpful on the IRCC website related to this type of situation.
Hello,

When the work permit application is in progress your husband can stay according to the IRCC website.

I had a similar situation. We applied for sponsorship on 31.01.2023 (I had visitor status valid till 8.04.2023) with OWP at the same time.
Yesterday my work permit got approved. We did applications with an immigration lawyer to avoid additional stress.

Good luck!

riri207

Mar 22, 2023
Update today!!
Received PA eligibility letter today 29th June even though PR tracker was updated on June 8th, 2023.
Hoping for whatever is next quickly.

Reactions: Zuzu1983

riri207

Mar 22, 2023
My letter says that my PR will not be approved until the background checks of my family is completed even if they are not applying to join me and I need to update them with their passport copies if updated.

Is this a standard format of the letter or I need to take any action?

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
My letter says that my PR will not be approved until the background checks of my family is completed even if they are not applying to join me and I need to update them with their passport copies if updated.

Is this a standard format of the letter or I need to take any action?
I do not think you should do anything because I got the same letter. That should be a standard letter, which is called an AIP letter.

Reactions: riri207

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
btw, these days I got several updates showing the " background verification is in progress". This is weird because the PR tracker showed this information two months ago. Does anyone have any idea about this?