+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Sreecan

Nov 1, 2018
My wifes profile got ghost update on 12-Mar.Mine is still showing october 27 ghost update date and stuck in background checking.

Canmigration

Apr 16, 2019
Hello Everyone, Mine is still stuck at BG verification & LPP in progress! Only the test is completed and the last update was in December 21st. Its been an year since I submitted my application. I have a already scheduled a travel in May 20th. If I haven't received my citizenship and new passport before that, what are my options? I will be away for two months and my return is on by the end of July only! Can I do the oath while I am away? if not what are my possible options?

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Hi All,

Final Update,

I finished my Oath ceremony Today,

Officially Canadian now,
It took 12 Months ,from the day I applied to the day of oath
Applied March15,2023
Oath Cermony 14,2024

I wish you all the best of luck.
And for sure I would like to thank you all for your help , support and thoughts sharing.

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
My tracker states that my citizenship ceremony is in progress, however, I still haven't received the invite. Scheduled date for oath is March 20, 2024.

People who have recieved an invite, please share your experiences. How many days before the ceremony did you receive your invites?
I have received my official invitation. Ceremony is scheduled for tomorrow. Can't wait to become a Canadian citizen.

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the instructions on how to download the citizenship ecertificate?! I am being lazy and have not used the search function. Apologies in advance.

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the instructions on how to download the citizenship ecertificate?! I am being lazy and have not used the search function. Apologies in advance.
I don't think you need to wait for instructions. Create an account in ircc portal and use that account to download your e-certificate using your application details.

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
I don't think you need to wait for instructions. Create an account in ircc portal and use that account to download your e-certificate using your application details.
Hey Walter, I don't have an invite code to be able to create an ircc portal account. Attempts to obtain a new code fail due to a technical issue.

Any idea on how to proceed?

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Hey Walter, I don't have an invite code to be able to create an ircc portal account. Attempts to obtain a new code fail due to a technical issue.

Any idea on how to proceed?
It's all good, I received the instructions and was able to download the certificate this morning. Done.

Reactions: walter_white

zain ahmed

Apr 7, 2013
can anyone tell me the contact number and best time for contacting IRCC for my citizenship application?

below is my timeline and I am worried.

Processing Office - SCR
App - single
App Submitted - mar 26, 2023
AOR - May 15, 2023
BGC -in progress
Test Completed - June 8, 2023
Ghost Update - Oct 27, 2023
LPP Completed - inprogress .