+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Canmigration

Apr 16, 2019
I got an update, and they changed my background-check from complete back to in progress after a full year. Anyone has experienced this? Basically going backward?
Same was with my wife's application. Her background was completed a year ago and they changed it to in progress April beginning. Also we received fingerprint request for the second time in 10 months gap! By yesterday's update, my wife's background again changed to complete and mine is still in progress!

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
That is so frustrating so that means I have to wait for them to ask for a finger print. They waited for a whole year to touch my application. Thank you for sharing your update.

Canmigration

Apr 16, 2019
That is so frustrating so that means I have to wait for them to ask for a finger print. They waited for a whole year to touch my application. Thank you for sharing your update.
They may not need fingerprints from everyone. In my case they asked it twice during the 10 month period. Your application may be processed without the fingerprints.

NN2024

Apr 2, 2024
I submitted my application on March 19, 2023, with Vancouver as my primary office and Sydney as my secondary. According to the GCMS notes, my application is currently stalled at the security clearance stage, awaiting a response from a third party (RCMP/CSIS).

Having a Canadian passport is crucial for my job, as I need to travel frequently between Canada and the United States. With my current passport, I must apply for a US visa each time, which not only takes a long time to process but often results in a single-entry visa.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what steps I should take next?

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
I submitted my application on March 19, 2023, with Vancouver as my primary office and Sydney as my secondary. According to the GCMS notes, my application is currently stalled at the security clearance stage, awaiting a response from a third party (RCMP/CSIS).

Having a Canadian passport is crucial for my job, as I need to travel frequently between Canada and the United States. With my current passport, I must apply for a US visa each time, which not only takes a long time to process but often results in a single-entry visa.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what steps I should take next?
How come you have to apply for US visa each time? If you PR they give you 10 years valid visa on ur passport or RTD.

Reactions: nabd1

NN2024

Apr 2, 2024
How come you have to apply for US visa each time? If you PR they give you 10 years valid visa on ur passport or RTD.
Unfortunately thats not the case. I am in the field of Biotechnology and each time I apply it goes under several security check steps and plus ly passport is from Iran which is technically impossible to obtain multi US visa.