+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Hello friends, I got the AOR on April 17. I appreciate if someone has admin access to update my information on the tracker sheet.

I am trying to create a tracking account on IRCC website but still cannot, is it normal to take that long around 5 days till now? Have anyone experienced the same delay?
I couldn't either until I received another email a week later telling me I can follow progress through the tracker!

ahmed.redaa79

Jun 4, 2018
Calgary
I was trying to register in a wrong website.

Kindly update my details, as follows :

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1101
Application: Single
Application sent: March 31
Delivered: March 31
AOR: April 17
In Process: April 19

Reactions: Ver94

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
It's so frustrating seeing so many applicants who applied after March 15th getting AOR, but I still haven't gotten it. I'm happy for those who got it, to be sure. But just a bit frustrated for myself and those like me. Heck, there are even online applicants from near beginning of March who haven't received AOR. How exactly does this work?!!

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
It's so frustrating seeing so many applicants who applied after March 15th getting AOR, but I still haven't gotten it. I'm happy for those who got it, to be sure. But just a bit frustrated for myself and those like me. Heck, there are even online applicants from near beginning of March who haven't received AOR. How exactly does this work?!!
Many have missed their AORs as they’ve accidentally landed in the junk mailbox. Poke around there.

Reactions: TriniKRN

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Hello there,

Kindly update my application details in the spreadsheet.
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1117
Application: Single
Application sent: April 21, 2023
Delivered: April 21, 2023

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
If AOR is received, may be we can assume the background check won’t be delayed because they are not dealt with IRCC?
I don't think IRCC has such an automated system that things will automatically get triggered and other org will start the process. With limited manpower surely it's going to get impacted.

VAtoQC2023

Mar 25, 2023
Type: Online application/Paper application : Online
Physical Presence Days: 1598
Application: Single/Family(number of family members): Single
Application sent: March 25, 2023
Delivered: March 25, 2023
*UPDATE*
AOR: April 12, 2023

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Then why do they have options for “Visitor” Visa in the drop-down in the online form ?
visitor is an immigration status.
Take a look at the guide:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html
Under question 13:
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, visitor, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Visitors visas such as B1/B2 visa are nonimmigrant visas and do not confer any immigration status. So they do not count/not relevant for the question "Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?"
visitor is an "immigration" status, it is not an "immigrant" status.
Take a look at the guide:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html
Under question 13:
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, visitor, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
Now I agree with you that the "visas" do not grant status. Once you go there in person, the CBP officer stamps your passport (or more recently just issues an I-94 without stamping). That gives you visitor status.

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Did any of the Paper Applications folks receive their AORs? I have a Paper Application (for a Family of 3), it was delivered on March 7th, 2023. It has now been more than 45 days but no AOR. I am regularly checking my emails (including Spam).

Is there any way to call IRCC (I understand they have a strike and the wait times would be quite long) and ask them about the status by giving the old UCI Number (from the PR)?

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Did any of the Paper Applications folks receive their AORs? I have a Paper Application (for a Family of 3), it was delivered on March 7th, 2023. It has now been more than 45 days but no AOR. I am regularly checking my emails (including Spam).

Is there any way to call IRCC (I understand they have a strike and the wait times would be quite long) and ask them about the status by giving the old UCI Number (from the PR)?
until they give you an application number (at AOR) the application is not in the system, even if you could get to them on the phone, they can't help you.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

UCI remains the same. As you are a paper applicant try to see, if you can find anything using ECAS(https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do) another tracker for paper applicant. If nothing comes up, you will have to wait as Paper is manual work and strike needs to be over for it.