+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Many have missed their AORs as they’ve accidentally landed in the junk mailbox. Poke around there.
Thanks for the advice. I do indeed check my spam each time I check my email account. The thing is, when I go to the Online Application site, it still shows "Submission Confirmation" saying "This is not your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)". The status is still "Submitted for our review".

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
UCI remains the same. As you are a paper applicant try to see, if you can find anything using ECAS(https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do) another tracker for paper applicant. If nothing comes up, you will have to wait as Paper is manual work and strike needs to be over for it.
Thank you so much for sharing this! Unfortunately, nothing came up for me. Looks like I will need to wait, hoping that they either send the AOR or return the application (if there are any issues with my application).

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the advice. I do indeed check my spam each time I check my email account. The thing is, when I go to the Online Application site, it still shows "Submission Confirmation" saying "This is not your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)". The status is still "Submitted for our review".
I have seen for many people the online portal remains at that stage even when AOR is sent. Please check if you have any email from "@cic.gc.ca". If no call IRCC and get the application number which you need to create a tracker account. Also check if they have proper email of yours.

Reactions: TriniKRN

blackbeauty_xxx

Mar 28, 2013
Did any of the Paper Applications folks receive their AORs? I have a Paper Application (for a Family of 3), it was delivered on March 7th, 2023. It has now been more than 45 days but no AOR. I am regularly checking my emails (including Spam).

Is there any way to call IRCC (I understand they have a strike and the wait times would be quite long) and ask them about the status by giving the old UCI Number (from the PR)?
I am on the same boat. Paper application, delivered on 8th March 2023. No AOR.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
The online application page is NOT the tracker. Search the board for tracker link. It's been posted multiple times.

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
The online application page is NOT the tracker. Search the board for tracker link. It's been posted multiple times.
Oh. My understanding was that the tracker could only work after you had received AOR. My bad. I'll attempt that. Thanks.

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
I have seen for many people the online portal remains at that stage even when AOR is sent. Please check if you have any email from "@cic.gc.ca". If no call IRCC and get the application number which you need to create a tracker account. Also check if they have proper email of yours.
The last email I have from @cic.gc.ca is my payment receipt. From what I understand on this forum, even if I call them, they won't be willing or able to help me if I don't have AOR. On the tracker site it says:

You need to wait for your AOR before you can
  • create a status tracker account
  • check your application status
  • contact us
I've also double checked that I submitted the right email address.

o_O

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
The last email I have from @cic.gc.ca is my payment receipt. From what I understand on this forum, even if I call them, they won't be willing or able to help me if I don't have AOR. On the tracker site it says:

You need to wait for your AOR before you can
  • create a status tracker account
  • check your application status
  • contact us
I've also double checked that I submitted the right email address.

o_O
Online application receives AOR mostly within 2 weeks. Yours is more than that, even if you haven't received it till now, it would be still be there in the system. Using the UCI they can find it for you and share the application no. Give them a call.

Reactions: TriniKRN

cici_2014

Mar 20, 2023
Hi Admin,

Hoping you can update my status.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1188, 1187
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: March 1st
Delivered: March 1st
AOR: March 20th
In Process: March 22nd
Background complete: April 14th

Thank you! :)
Just giving this a wee bump as my status on the tracker hasn't changed. Thank you!

Reactions: YoYo81

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1105
Application: Single
Application sent: March 11th
AOR: March 27th

Except test and oath In progress: March 29th
Hello. Can this be added to the google tracker?

stranger24

Apr 25, 2023
Got some good news for the paper applicants. Today I got an email with AOR. (application was delivered on Mar 9th)

Here are the details:
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1111
Application: Family (2 adult + 1 minor)
Application sent: Mar 8 2023
Delivered: Mar 9 2023
AOR: April 25th 2023

Looks like there are delays due to the strike but not an entire freeze of the process.